The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

4 posters

Go down

Ezzard Charles vs Gene Tunney

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_lcap33%The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_lcap67%The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Just vote for who you think would win if both fighters were at their peak in a 15 round fight.

Ezzard Charles vs Gene Tunney
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  dmar5143 Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

to me these are the greatest two.this is a fight where a extreme high degree of tactics will be used.a highly tactical fight with a excellent level of high tech also.i dont see this as a fan friendly fight but one to view as a chess match.a relatively boring type of fight but one or two knockdowns will occur and scored by tunney.it comes down to chin.gene has a excellent one ezzard a mediocre one.that gives gene a UD over 15 rounds by 4 or 5 points.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Finale)

Post  powerpuncher Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:39 am

tunney to me is probably the greatest LHW ever. he was just amazing. not that he is above charles' class or anything but he is better IMO. like dmar said, i think that it would be a semi boring fight to the casual fans but ill tell you what, if im watching this fight, im probably never bored. haha.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks for all the votes gents. Gene Tunney beats Ezzard Charles in the finale to be voted the greatest Light-Heavyweight in boxing history.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Ok folks, I don't give a damn what anyone says, Gene Tunney does NOT beat Ezzard Charles on any day of the week, with or without gloves. I like Tunney as much as the next guy but c'mon.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 am

Frank wrote:Ok folks, I don't give a damn what anyone says, Gene Tunney does NOT beat Ezzard Charles on any day of the week, with or without gloves. I like Tunney as much as the next guy but c'mon.
not that i think its a cake walk for tunney but tunney was a master boxer. i wouldnt really argue too much either way though. if most people would have said that charles would win, i wouldnt argue too much with it because i could see it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down