The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr

+2
SlickMoney
koolkc107
6 posters

Go down

SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr Empty SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Dan Rafael
Shockingly, @HBOboxing will televise Vitali Klitschko-Manuel Charr on Sept. 8 to open Ward-Dawson show.

No

Back to top Go down

SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr Empty Re: SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr

Post  koolkc107 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Ali wrote:
Dan Rafael
Shockingly, @HBOboxing will televise Vitali Klitschko-Manuel Charr on Sept. 8 to open Ward-Dawson show.

No

I thought Dan was advising them on fights?

We get this swill, while Epix has had to be the one to air eyecatchers like Bute-Froch and Haye-Chisora?

Someone pass me my antacids...
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr Empty Re: SMH HBO is going to show Vitali vs. Charr

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dan Rafael

No

I thought Dan was advising them on fights?

We get this swill, while Epix has had to be the one to air eyecatchers like Bute-Froch and Haye-Chisora?

Someone pass me my antacids...

Hershman continues to disappoint.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Why be mad about this fight? It's just an opening fight for Dawson-Ward. What's the big problem. HBO has done alot worse in the past with undercard fights. Quit bitching like bitches.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Why be mad about this fight? It's just an opening fight for Dawson-Ward. What's the big problem. HBO has done alot worse in the past with undercard fights. Quit bitching like bitches.

Are you seriously defending this move ? it's a waste of money on a one sided fight, the only reason I see HBO picking this is up is because it's possibly Vitali's last ever fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Ali wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Why be mad about this fight? It's just an opening fight for Dawson-Ward. What's the big problem. HBO has done alot worse in the past with undercard fights. Quit bitching like bitches.

Are you seriously defending this move ? it's a waste of money on a one sided fight, the only reason I see HBO picking this is up is because it's possibly Vitali's last ever fight.

Not defending it. But hey its a trinket fight. You love those.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

The fight is a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Ali wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

The fight is a joke.

Add it to the list of shitty fights. It would've ended up on Epix anyway. HBO probably.got.it for cheap.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Hey, Slick, here's the "monster" Vitali is challenging himself with.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=314362&cat=boxer
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't see the harm. Like Slick said its just an opener and its another fight to watch.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

kbyte wrote:I don't see the harm. Like Slick said its just an opener and its another fight to watch.

It's frustrating that they'll buy this but pass on fights like Froch vs. Bute.

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm

kbyte wrote:I don't see the harm. Like Slick said its just an opener and its another fight to watch.

OK, just gits and shiggles, let me put this out there.

What if it was Tyson Fury or David Price, or Helenius or even Arreola getting a second shot.

Think about how you feel now with him fighting Char and how you would feel if he was fighting any of these other guys instead.

The brothers need to be held to the highest standard...especially if folks are gonna argue how great they are in other threads.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:53 pm

koolkc107 wrote:

OK, just gits and shiggles, let me put this out there.

What if it was Tyson Fury or David Price, or Helenius or even Arreola getting a second shot.

Think about how you feel now with him fighting Char and how you would feel if he was fighting any of these other guys instead.

The brothers need to be held to the highest standard...especially if folks are gonna argue how great they are in other threads.

Exactly that's why it bugs me because it's Charr and not a ranked opponent like Helenius.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

It's already been explained why HBO didn't show Froch-Bute. Both were still under contract with Showtime. HBO wasn't going to pay big money to hype up two Showtime fighters. So EPIX picked it up for peanuts.

I don't got a problem with HBO showing this if they don't pay an absurd amount from their budget. I doubt they will because it sounds like it'll be a tape delayed re-broadcast. I doubt they even send anyone to cover it. They'll just to commentating from the rebroadcast.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm

im thinking along the lines they got the fight for 100 000..even if its for free and maybe his last fight crap like this is best left for german tv.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 am

as long as it was cheap, who cares. i would rather them have this fight than nothing at all. now if they were planning on putting a better fight on instead and decided to air this fight, then i would be angry.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It's already been explained why HBO didn't show Froch-Bute. Both were still under contract with Showtime. HBO wasn't going to pay big money to hype up two Showtime fighters. So EPIX picked it up for peanuts.

I don't got a problem with HBO showing this if they don't pay an absurd amount from their budget. I doubt they will because it sounds like it'll be a tape delayed re-broadcast. I doubt they even send anyone to cover it. They'll just to commentating from the rebroadcast.

That's a weak excuse that isn't going to cut it, the fact is HBO passed over a fight that was legit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Dan Rafael
I'm told reason @Klitschko is on @HBOboxing 9/8 is because HBO exercised an option it had for future Klitschko fights in Vitali-Adamek deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Ali wrote:That's a weak excuse that isn't going to cut it, the fact is HBO passed over a fight that was legit.

You are such a hypocrite at times Ali. You swing off UFC and how they do things all the time. Does fucking Dana White put two fighters who are under contract with a competing organization on one of his UFC cards? Let alone pay both of them millions for the fight? Didn't think so.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:That's a weak excuse that isn't going to cut it, the fact is HBO passed over a fight that was legit.

You are such a hypocrite at times Ali. You swing off UFC and how they do things all the time. Does fucking Dana White put two fighters who are under contract with a competing organization on one of his UFC cards? Let alone pay both of them millions for the fight? Didn't think so.

The UFC is an organization, HBO is a tv network they're completely different run companies. HBO's job is to provide its boxing subscribers with the best and entertaining fights out there.

It's a weak ass excuse !! HBO passed over a great fight so they could continue to bend over for Al Haymon.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm

[quote="Ali"]
GrantZilla wrote:The UFC is an organization, HBO is a tv network they're completely different run companies. HBO's job is to provide its boxing subscribers with the best and entertaining fights out there.

It's a weak ass excuse !! HBO passed over a great fight so they could continue to bend over for Al Haymon.

Hayman gone to Showtime along with Golden Boy. And HBO is a company just like UFC. And Showtime is a competing subscription based company. There is no difference.

HBO isn't going to pay and hype up two fighters that are still under contract with under company. Why, so the winner can go back to Showtime with a bunch of free hype for the network by HBO, and bring in big ratings for their next fight?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down