The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr?

4 posters

Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr? Empty Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr?

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 am

According to sources, including Germany's Bild, Manuel Charr (21-0, 11KO), an undefeated Syrian-born slugger from Germany, is the leading candidate to challenge Vitali Klitchko for the Ukranian's WBC Heavyweight Title.

The bout, which will likely take place in September, could be Vitali's last as the near 41 year old two-time heavyweight champion has set his sights on politics, more specifically Kiev's mayoral position.

http://tinyurl.com/72coezy
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr? Empty Re: Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr?

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

again a lousy fight.huck said he would fight him.i doubt huck wins but its a bigger money fight in germany.on the surface a more credible opponent.i think vitali would of liked to fight the haye-chisora winner but this timetable also reflects the political calender over there and his desire to get into politics as a major player now and for the future has won out.you cant fault that.again a pet peeve of boxing sourses giving inaccurate info.vitali doesnt have the highest ko record in hw champ history.its rocky marciano.40 kos in 46 fights vs 43 kos in 49 fights.simple math..
im not a fan of vitali as a fighter but im a fan of him as a person and how he conducted himself.i hope he becomes a possitive force in politics over there.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 am

i just viewed his highlight clip.pathetic.the over and under should be a whole round and a half.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Vitali should just retire If he's not going to face anyone decent.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Ali wrote:Vitali should just retire If he's not going to face anyone decent.

True.

Haye should just retire.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Vitali should just retire If he's not going to face anyone decent.

True.

Haye should just retire.

Vitali has achieved all he can, what's the point of staying around to face the likes of Charr ?

Retire and let little brother have the opportunity to capture the last trinket.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 am

What a joke
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Manuel Charr? Empty Vitali vs. Manuel Charr set for Sept 8th

Post  Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Vitali Klitschko will make the ninth defense of his third heavyweight title reign when he meets Manuel Charr on Sept. 8 in Moscow, K2 Promotions announced Monday.

The fight could serve as the 40-year-old Klitschko's swan song from boxing as he plans to turn his attention following the fight to his political career. Klitschko, who has previously run unsuccessfully for mayor of Kiev in his native Ukraine, plans to participate in the Ukrainian parliamentary elections on Oct. 28 as a leader of the UDAR party.

If Klitschko wins political office, he has previously said he would be unable to continue boxing. On Monday, however, he said only time will tell.

"I would like to continue to fight and I will make my decision after the election," Klitschko said.

As for the fight against Charr, it will take place at SC Olimpiyskiy Sports Arena, one of Europe's largest indoor arenas, and will be set up for more than 30,000.

"Charr is young, hungry and undefeated," Klitschko said. "He is afraid of nobody, always marching forward. I know that he will be extremely motivated against me and that is why I will definitely not make the mistake to underestimate him. I will give my answer to all his trash talking inside the ring on Sept. 8. It is great that the fight takes place in Moscow, one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. I am sure it will be an unforgettable show."

Klitschko (44-2, 40 KOs), who is 14-2 in world title fights, is coming off a lopsided decision win against England's Dereck Chisora on Feb. 8. During the fight, Klitschko suffered a ligament injury in his left shoulder and fought most of the bout using one hand, although he has recovered.

The 6-foot-3 Charr (21-0, 11 KOs), who has never faced a top-level opponent, will be at a significant height disadvantage against the 6-7 Klitschko, although they both typically weigh in the 240s for their fights.

"Vitali will see in my eyes that he cannot win the fight," said Charr, 27. "Many think I will come to lose but I am coming to win. I will shock Vitali and the boxing world and get his title."

Charr, who was born in Lebanon and lives in Germany, is coming off a 12-round decision win against fringe contender Taras Bidenko on March 30. Charr and Klitschko, however, have both faced England's Danny Williams. Klitschko knocked him out in the eighth round of a 2004 title defense one fight after Williams had knocked out Mike Tyson.

Williams, now long past his best days, was stopped in seven rounds by Charr 13 months ago.

The announcement of Klitschko-Charr comes just a few days before Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali's younger brother, defends his world heavyweight title belts against mandatory challenger Tony Thompson in a rematch Saturday in Berne, Switzerland.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8121791/vitali-klitschko-fight-germany-manuel-charr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down