The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye the best Heavyweight?

+10
dbudge
UBeeg9cats
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
kbyte
dmar5143
Gumby
captainanddew
koolkc107
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Haye the best Heavyweight? - Page 3 Empty Re: Haye the best Heavyweight?

Post  Tobe Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:Haye probably loses to Adamek or Fat Eddie...seriously....

Are you kidding me Haye would mop the floor with Adamek.
That would be a close fight. I think Chris Arreola would beat Haye.

That's a fight I'm interesting in seeing. I think that could be a really good match-up and good for both guy's careers.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 am

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

watching Adamek's last couple of fights, he doesn't look good.

He's never been that good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:03 am

Diego408 wrote:Haye has great power and great speed at HW, but his boxing skills aren't that good. Plus he has chin and stamina issues. He blew out Chisora, but there's four other guys that can do that in the same weight class. Haye just has a big mouth and makes some m people believe he can do more than he really can in reality. If he ever faces anyone that can punch again, expect him to fight like a coward again. He will not engage and will the just run and flop like he did against Wlad. Haye is afraid of big punchers. He's not mentally tough like the Klitschkos or Arreola. He's like the Amir Khan of the HWs.

Which other four guys can blow out Chisora ?

I could maybe see David Price doing it but that's about it.

Wladimir would be petrified of Derek, he'd jab and hold to a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

It wouldn't be close at all.

Haye's too fast for Arreola he'd pick him apart.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

It wouldn't be close at all.

Haye's too fast for Arreola he'd pick him apart.
LOL
Haye doesnt throw enough punches and he still has stamina issues.
A guy like Arreola (who can take a punch) would wear Haye out and KO him late.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Ali wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Haye has great power and great speed at HW, but his boxing skills aren't that good. Plus he has chin and stamina issues. He blew out Chisora, but there's four other guys that can do that in the same weight class. Haye just has a big mouth and makes some m people believe he can do more than he really can in reality. If he ever faces anyone that can punch again, expect him to fight like a coward again. He will not engage and will the just run and flop like he did against Wlad. Haye is afraid of big punchers. He's not mentally tough like the Klitschkos or Arreola. He's like the Amir Khan of the HWs.

1. Seth Mitchell
2. Arreola
3. Wlad would easily
4. Povetkin
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

That's a fight I'm interesting in seeing. I think that could be a really good match-up and good for both guy's careers.
I want to see it. I think Haye is the perfect guy to boost Arreola's career. Haye has stamina issues, lack of boxing skills and with Arreola's chin he would get Haye into deep water and I think he stops Haye late.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I think a couple of things very well may be true:

1-Haye is not as good as Ali or Kool think. I'd pick Haye to beat all the guys not named Wlad or Vitali, but there are some on the list that i don't think Haye would wipe the floor with.

2-Haye is not as bad as some of us think. His handspeed and ability to throw combinations is not to be scoffed at.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Haye v. Arreola is interesting stlye-wise; but also because of exposure. A win could make Haye a bigger name in the US market and do the same for Chris in Europe.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 pm

That's a fight I'm interesting in seeing. I think that could be a really good match-up and good for both guy's careers

So...Arreola and Haye would be a good match-up, but not Adamek? You guys kill me, Adamek beat Arreola rather convincingly, remember. Haye may hit harder than Adamek, but he's not a better boxer.

And Fat Eddie is definitely a better boxer than Haye. Plus Fat Eddie won't be grossly undersized against Haye.

I'm still trying to figure out who Haye has beaten to make him "the best HW" or close to that???

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am

hillsicc303 wrote:
That's a fight I'm interesting in seeing. I think that could be a really good match-up and good for both guy's careers

So...Arreola and Haye would be a good match-up, but not Adamek? You guys kill me, Adamek beat Arreola rather convincingly, remember. Haye may hit harder than Adamek, but he's not a better boxer.

And Fat Eddie is definitely a better boxer than Haye. Plus Fat Eddie won't be grossly undersized against Haye.

I'm still trying to figure out who Haye has beaten to make him "the best HW" or close to that???

Styles make fights; not common opponents. Add to that Adamek hasn't look good since getting beat up by Vitali; whereas Arreloa may be improving as he stays in shape. Chambers actually might be a good fight for Haye as well; but I still think Haye wins that.

And for the record Haye is not the best HW; he might be #3.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:08 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

1. Seth Mitchell
2. Arreola
3. Wlad would easily
4. Povetkin

Povetkin lol yeah sure given how his promoters are scared to put him in with any decent HW's and the fact Marco Huck pushed him to the brink.

Mitchell based on what ? Witherspoon had him hurt in the first round.

Arreola could probably outpoint Chisora over the distance, that would be one helluva scrap.

Wladimir please, Chisora isn't washed up Cruiserweight like Mormeck or a an ancient BFG like Thompson, he's got balls and a solid chin.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:19 pm

chisora is done as a top hw in a lousy division.big time chin..realy.mitchel can blow him out of there.chisora doesnt hit as hard as weatherspoon.wlad destroys him.hes easy to hit for guys like wlad and mitchel.mitchell has a good variety of punches .chisora a wild left hook.in the sceam of things hes a bum fighting in a division loaded with bums.mitchell price have good potential.let them continue to develope.there not in the bum class.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 pm

mitchel based on what.yeah weatherspoon stuned him.chisora got koed.big differnce.michell went to work on weathgerspoon with combos great body work and mixed his shots up from body to head plus snapped a good jab.what did chisora do in his last 4 fights that offensively was impressive.not a fucking thing compared to mitchel.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

1. Seth Mitchell
2. Arreola
3. Wlad would easily
4. Povetkin

Povetkin lol yeah sure given how his promoters are scared to put him in with any decent HW's and the fact Marco Huck pushed him to the brink.

Mitchell based on what ? Witherspoon had him hurt in the first round.

Arreola could probably outpoint Chisora over the distance, that would be one helluva scrap.

Wladimir please, Chisora isn't washed up Cruiserweight like Mormeck or a an ancient BFG like Thompson, he's got balls and a solid chin.
If Haye can beat him then Wlad would kill him right now. Like it or not Wlad is the best hands down.

Mitchell would KO him inside of 2-3 rounds. The guy is damn good. And so what if he was hurt? Mitchell is a top 10 HW Chisora is not.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Haye and Wladimir have completely different styles and attributes, Wladimir is not as fast and explosive as Haye nor would he fight so boldy against Chisora.

Wladimir is only the best because it's a weak division and he's freakishly tall.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Ali wrote:Haye and Wladimir have completely different styles and attributes, Wladimir is not as fast and explosive as Haye nor would he fight so boldy against Chisora.

Wladimir is only the best because it's a weak division and he's freakishly tall.
Yeah ignore the fact that he has good skills and big time power. Last time I checked Height doesnt make you good. If it did Valuev would be the champ.

BTW if the division is so weak what does that say about Haye. He might be number 3 or 4 in such a weak division which basically means he is a bum.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:Haye and Wladimir have completely different styles and attributes, Wladimir is not as fast and explosive as Haye nor would he fight so boldy against Chisora.

Yeah ignore the fact that he has good skills and big time power. Last time I checked Height doesnt make you good. If it did Valuev would be the champ.

BTW if the division is so weak what does that say about Haye. He might be number 3 or 4 in such a weak division which basically means he is a bum.

Valuev was a champ lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Valuev was a champ lol.
No he had a belt that's all.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

While I completely disagree with your 2nd paragraph, I agree to an extent with the 1st. I think Wlad would eventually get Chisora but he would be extremely wary of him because of Chisora's workrate and chin.

For your 2nd paragraph, Wlad is one of the hardest hitters ever and has figured out a style to keep opponents away from his weak chin and long body(you know where height is a disadvantage). By no means am I saying Wlad would beat Louis or Ali but he has earned his induction into the HOF and to a fan with little to no boxing history knowledge has earned a right to be in the top 20 if not higher of all time heavyweights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:03 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:

While I completely disagree with your 2nd paragraph, I agree to an extent with the 1st. I think Wlad would eventually get Chisora but he would be extremely wary of him because of Chisora's workrate and chin.

For your 2nd paragraph, Wlad is one of the hardest hitters ever and has figured out a style to keep opponents away from his weak chin and long body(you know where height is a disadvantage). By no means am I saying Wlad would beat Louis or Ali but he has earned his induction into the HOF and to a fan with little to no boxing history knowledge has earned a right to be in the top 20 if not higher of all time heavyweights.
i cant put wlad in the top 20 HWs of all time because of his terrible competition during his reign. you can say all you want that he improved which is fine, but he didnt start his reign until the HW division completely collapsed. before then, he was KO'd by terrible fighters. you could put a ton of HWs from the past in wlads position right now and they would do the same thing.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

i cant put wlad in the top 20 HWs of all time because of his terrible competition during his reign. you can say all you want that he improved which is fine, but he didnt start his reign until the HW division completely collapsed. before then, he was KO'd by terrible fighters. you could put a ton of HWs from the past in wlads position right now and they would do the same thing.
That would make a good topic.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

That would make a good topic.
you are welcome Very Happy
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3