The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What boxers today are like Hagler?

+3
flapanther2001
dbudge
Soonermark890
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What boxers today are like Hagler? - Page 2 Empty Re: What boxers today are like Hagler?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:The Klitschkos have some of it.

I think JuanMa has some of it.

JMM has a lot of it.

Tim Bradley it seems to me does things the right way.

Miguel Cotto seems to have some of it. He faced very good competition at 140 (several former or future beltholders including Torres, Malignaggi) and then at 147 faced Mosley, Margarito,Quintana, Clottey, Judah, Pac, and a beltholder (weak one but legit) in Foreman at 154.

I ALWAYS leave Cotto out of stuff like this. Blind spot. My bad.

Back to top Go down

What boxers today are like Hagler? - Page 2 Empty Re: What boxers today are like Hagler?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Ok I cant believe we are forgetting Glen Johnson.

He's everything I could ask for...except great.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Groundhog wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Groundhog wrote:You have to admit Dawson and Dirrell are greater in terms of raw physical talent than dudes like Pascal and Froch, etc. They just don't have the right mental state.

The right mental state is part of the package of greatness, no? I also don't think Dirrell is a top talent. I think he's an above average talent.

You are right. But then again, the top talents of yesteryear are always better than the top talents of today right? Goes for everything What a Face

I dunno. How many guys have EVER been more talented than Gamboa?

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Groundhog wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I think PacMan and Floyd compete in any era. To add to your Froch and Pascal comment. Those guys to me are throwbacks that marble and the old men always wax nostalgic about.

Hehe, Marble would say that back in the 1480's, the average contender was a Froch or Pascal.

LOL. He would. Wouldn't ya old man!!!! I have to type up for he has trouble hearing.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Groundhog wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I think PacMan and Floyd compete in any era. To add to your Froch and Pascal comment. Those guys to me are throwbacks that marble and the old men always wax nostalgic about.

Hehe, Marble would say that back in the 1480's, the average contender was a Froch or Pascal.

In the 1480's? Hell those dudes didn't box...they fought with frakkin swords!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Groundhog wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

LOL. He would. Wouldn't ya old man!!!! I have to type up for he has trouble hearing.

Just KILLIN' me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Marble is currently typing up an article about how Retarii beat Secutoris because styles make fights right?

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Groundhog wrote:Marble is currently typing up an article about how Retarii beat Secutoris because styles make fights right?

Look, you got the trident and the net and you'd better be one agile dude!

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Groundhog wrote:Marble is currently typing up an article about how Retarii beat Secutoris because styles make fights right?

He was at the Colosseum that night so he would know.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:16 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

He was at the Colosseum that night so he would know.

C'mon, MAN!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:44 pm

HAGLER: With the Pacquiao and Mayweather fight, I think that Mayweather might be a little scared. But then there’s another thing, and he’s almost looking like a Sugar Ray Leonard in the type of sense where he is dictating all of the time. Hello! If you’re going to fight, let’s fight! Let’s stop all this stuff. Let’s just get it on! I mean that is what boxing is about. So he’s trying to gain more money or whatever. I mean you already made enough money. Do you want to fight the guy? Yes or no? And I think that Pacquiao is saying, ‘Come on! Let’s do it today’. But I wouldn’t wait around for Mayweather. I would take another fight and still make as much money as I can and then leave the game while I’m still on top.

HAGLER: Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say ‘I’ll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I’ll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I’ll come to your house’.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2