The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today

+4
SlickMoney
Suavecito80
gomez1012
Tobe
8 posters

Go down

Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today Empty Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 am

As for Clottey, last seen well over a year ago in a lopsided loss to Manny Pacquiao, Scolpino states that networks are interested, but that the money has to be right.

“We’re just waiting for a big fight,” said Scolpino. “Nothing on schedule right now. We had the [Kermit] Cintron fight (before he ultimately fought Carlos Molina), but not enough money.”

Scolpino expects the rugged Clottey to be back in action soon, though.

“Hopefully we get something in this year, hopefully by the end of the year he gets a fight,” said Scolpino. “Definitely, he’s got big fights in him. I would like to see him come back and fight Cotto-Margarito winner. That would be something. Let him fight Cotto again.”

Another top boxer sitting on his ass waiting for tv checks instead of staying active on undercards No

http://www.boxingscene.com/agbeko-still-with-scolpino-joshua-clottey-update--42889

Back to top Go down

Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today Empty Re: Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today

Post  Tobe Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 am

It's not like Clottey's style is one where he has to keep active to stay sharp. How would you even know if was rusty when all he does is stand there and catch shots on his arms? Razz

Can't imagine people are knocking down Clottey's door to take on a tough guy who'll make your guy look bad in a boring fight. Still, he should be staying active to keep himself out there in the rankings, that's the only way he'll get a shot at a money fight again.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today Empty Re: Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

He hit the Pac lottery
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm

him and bradley should fight so they can headbutt each other to death. that pac-clottey fight was a freaking joke.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Good for us. I'm glad he thinks that way.

No one is clamoring to see Clottey fight.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:06 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Good for us. I'm glad he thinks that way.

No one is clamoring to see Clottey fight.
+1 and Ali, hes not a top boxer. He'll fight guys that will try to use him as a stepping stone. At 154, I dont think he'll be as affective as he was at Welter. Clottey isnt in it for sport, hes just tryna get paid. I wont knock him as not many care for the guy in #boxing.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I've not written Clottey off just because he lost to Pac, he's elite and could hang with alot of WW's and Jr MW's out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Ali wrote:I've not written Clottey off just because he lost to Pac, he's elite and could hang with alot of WW's and Jr MW's out there.

Dont write him off because he lost to Pac, write him off because that performance vs Pac is classic Clottey. Thats why he lost to Cotto. Inactivity, not enough punches thrown. He's not elite. He'll be stepping stone material.

Mike Jones vs Clottey would be a good fight to make.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today Turtle
I'm Joshua Clottey: Pay Me
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Ali wrote:I've not written Clottey off just because he lost to Pac, he's elite and could hang with alot of WW's and Jr MW's out there.

Elite really? by throwing 2.5 punches a round and then covering up the rest of the time? you seem like a sensible person but I am going to have to completely and utterly disagree with you associating elite and clottey in the same sentence. No
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Clottey's attitude is what is wrong with boxers today Turtle
I'm Joshua Clottey: Pay Me

Laughing
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 am

Lost the Cotto fight by about two rounds, but that's only because he took his foot off the pedal.

I don't get the hate for the Pac fight, Manny is a little ball of energy who never stops punching, of course Clottey would be stuck behind his guard the majority of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

Dont write him off because he lost to Pac, write him off because that performance vs Pac is classic Clottey. Thats why he lost to Cotto. Inactivity, not enough punches thrown. He's not elite. He'll be stepping stone material.

clottey's performance against cotto was subpar to say the least. Cotto was cut and could have taken the easy way out and gotten the victory. he fought, and struggled. Then late in the fight, clottey backed off and Cotto did enough to take the fight on the offiicial scorecards.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Ali wrote:Lost the Cotto fight by about two rounds, but that's only because he took his foot off the pedal.

I don't get the hate for the Pac fight, Manny is a little ball of energy who never stops punching, of course Clottey would be stuck behind his guard the majority of the time.

The problem is he does that EVERY FIGHT. He will throw a few punches and ninja turtle it the rest of the round. The fight with Manny was garbage he might as well have been fighting a heavy bag.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

clottey's performance against cotto was subpar to say the least. Cotto was cut and could have taken the easy way out and gotten the victory. he fought, and struggled. Then late in the fight, clottey backed off and Cotto did enough to take the fight on the offiicial scorecards.

Pretty much Cotto was there for the taking. He started doing that back pedal he does when he gets in trouble but Clottey turned into a tortoise.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Clottey is elite?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Clottey is elite?

Depends on what we're talking about as far as elite. He's at elite at being the Human-Turtle. He's elite at throwing least amount of punches in a round. He's elite at making exscuses for a loss.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Clottey is elite?

Depends on what we're talking about as far as elite. He's at elite at being the Human-Turtle. He's elite at throwing least amount of punches in a round. He's elite at making exscuses for a loss.

LOL!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Suavecito80 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

he could have just mailed it in early and gotten the win. Gotta give the man credit for being a fighter and not taking the easy win via technical decision.
Pretty much Cotto was there for the taking. He started doing that back pedal he does when he gets in trouble but Clottey turned into a tortoise.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down