The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bailey vs. Alexander possible for Aug 25th

+2
Diego408
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Bailey vs. Alexander possible for Aug 25th Empty Re: Bailey vs. Alexander possible for Aug 25th

Post  captainanddew Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 pm

I hope for Bailey's sake he gets paid well. A big payday would be a huge boon to a fighter his age who isn't going to be fighting much longer. and if somehow he catches alexander with that right hand, then he might just earn another big payday.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Bailey vs. Alexander possible for Aug 25th Empty Re: Bailey vs. Alexander possible for Aug 25th

Post  Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm

captainanddew wrote:I hope for Bailey's sake he gets paid well. A big payday would be a huge boon to a fighter his age who isn't going to be fighting much longer. and if somehow he catches alexander with that right hand, then he might just earn another big payday.

Considering he's the trinket holder I'd imagine he's at least getting over 500k.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I would get a kick out of this fight if Bailey gets a KO lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 am

Diego408 wrote:I would get a kick out of this fight if Bailey gets a KO lol
me too but alexander has a pretty solid chin so unless he can land multiple hard shots and not just 2 (like in the jones fight), he wont win.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:22 am

Diego408 wrote:I would get a kick out of this fight if Bailey gets a KO lol

Please god.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am

That's a good fight. Bailey has a shot.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Are ya'll trying to give UBGCat a heart attack ?

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Ali wrote:Are ya'll trying to give UBGCat a heart attack ?

I think its a fairly routine victory for my boy. I'm much more afraid of Paulie to be honest.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:

I think its a fairly routine victory for my boy. I'm much more afraid of Paulie to be honest.
why? alexander will request it to be in st. louis and as we have seen, alexander will win a decision. Kotelnik and Matthyse both would have won a decision on neutral ground.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

why? alexander will request it to be in st. louis and as we have seen, alexander will win a decision. Kotelnik and Matthyse both would have won a decision on neutral ground.

Devon looks good against sluggers that he can easily outbox. His reputation recovered a nice amount after Maidana even though I was telling people before the fight that not only was Maidana overrated but that he was at an extreme stylistic disadvantage to Devon. Paulie can box which will force Devon to attempt to do something he can't really do: go to plan B/adapt. Sure he can get a decision against Paulie deservedly or undeservedly so but what matters anymore is public opinion. Bradley got the W against Pac and will get a HBO or Showtime date for his next fight with a nice payday but if the public thought he won the fight, he would be a central figure on a HUGE rematch, another much weaker PPV, or a much bigger fight on regular HBO/Showtime. I will support Devon going after Paulie after Bailey to unify and make himself an opponent for Mayweather. Maybe Devon will even be able to beat old Floyd I'm weakened from drinking tap water Mayweather.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Devon looks good against sluggers that he can easily outbox. His reputation recovered a nice amount after Maidana even though I was telling people before the fight that not only was Maidana overrated but that he was at an extreme stylistic disadvantage to Devon. Paulie can box which will force Devon to attempt to do something he can't really do: go to plan B/adapt. Sure he can get a decision against Paulie deservedly or undeservedly so but what matters anymore is public opinion. Bradley got the W against Pac and will get a HBO or Showtime date for his next fight with a nice payday but if the public thought he won the fight, he would be a central figure on a HUGE rematch, another much weaker PPV, or a much bigger fight on regular HBO/Showtime. I will support Devon going after Paulie after Bailey to unify and make himself an opponent for Mayweather. Maybe Devon will even be able to beat old Floyd I'm weakened from drinking tap water Mayweather.

I like Devon but he doesn't adapt in any way. When he faces a slugger he can outbox he will sit down a little bit more on his punches because he isn't worried about a fast counter.

But as soon as there are going to be counters coming his way:
1- he is pulling back before the punch is 3/4 of the way to its target
2- he will go back to amateur flurries at times

I hope he improves. He has good athletic ability and though I'm not a huge fan, I don't hear alot of bad things about him outside the ring.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:21 am

captainanddew wrote:

I like Devon but he doesn't adapt in any way. When he faces a slugger he can outbox he will sit down a little bit more on his punches because he isn't worried about a fast counter.

But as soon as there are going to be counters coming his way:
1- he is pulling back before the punch is 3/4 of the way to its target
2- he will go back to amateur flurries at times

I hope he improves. He has good athletic ability and though I'm not a huge fan, I don't hear alot of bad things about him outside the ring.

You nailed his weaknesses dead on right there. I always just want due credit for the team or athlete I root for. That's why I'm glad you show some respect for Devon. He hasn't gone through Froch level competition but he doesn't take any easy fights either. Bailey, if signed, could be considered his worst opponent since Jesus Rodriguez in 2009. Witter, Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley, Matthysse, Maidana, and Bailey are all guys he should be facing.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 am

i agree that alexander is a solid fighter but definitely has a few big weaknesses that will keep him from being an elite fighter. if he fights bailey, im sure that devon will win pretty easily because bailey really isnt that good. he just has a big punch.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down