The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime

+6
kbyte
captainanddew
hillsicc303
powerpuncher
UBeeg9cats
nano212
10 posters

Go down

Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime Empty Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, has agreed to terms on a fight between newly minted IBF welterweight champ Randall Bailey and Devon Alexander, to headline a Showtime card on Sept. 8, though no venue has been determined, Schaefer told BoxingScene.com on Monday. Bailey's promoter, Lou DiBella mentioned the bout was in the works over the weekend.

Bailey, 37, decked Mike Jones twice in their June 9 fight, finishing him off with a wicked uppercut in the 11th round of a scheduled 12-rounder for the vacant IBF title. Bailey had waited by his own account two years for an opportunity to challenge for the title as the IBF mandatory.

Now, he gets a chance to face a former junior welterweight champion in Alexander in yet another victory lap for this fight veteran many wrote off after he was stopped by Juan Urango in 2009. For his part, Alexander has won two straight over top opposition since dropping a bout to Tim Bradley last year, beating Marcos Maidana and squeaking by Lucas Matthysse in February. Alexander will be rising to welterweight to challenge Bailey after campaigning for most of his career at 140.

“We have agreed on the terms and it’s going to be a terrific fight,” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com. “You always have a good fight when it involves Randall Bailey. He's one veteran you can't turn your back on, and it's a great opportunity for Devon.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/randall-bailey-devon-alexander-deal-reached-9-8--54342

Last edited by Ali on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime Empty Re: Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime

Post  nano212 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 pm

I HOPE Bailey gets another KO win!!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime Empty Re: Bailey vs. Alexander set for Sept 22nd on Showtime

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm

nano212 wrote:I HOPE Bailey gets another KO win!!

Alexander 11-1 UD! Bring on the unification with Paulie and both fights in the STL Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 am

bailey wont fight in st louis which i wouldnt either. bailey is the trinket holder and devon has gotten too many gifts in his home town. although i think that devon wins either way, he in no way should get to fight in his home town. he is the challenger and shouldnt get to demand anything.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

powerpuncher wrote:bailey wont fight in st louis which i wouldnt either. bailey is the trinket holder and devon has gotten too many gifts in his home town. although i think that devon wins either way, he in no way should get to fight in his home town. he is the challenger and shouldnt get to demand anything.

Alexander sells 8k tickets at stl and has the tv date. Bailey's only negotiating tool is the trinket. I would be surprised if the fight didn't end up here.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:31 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:bailey wont fight in st louis which i wouldnt either. bailey is the trinket holder and devon has gotten too many gifts in his home town. although i think that devon wins either way, he in no way should get to fight in his home town. he is the challenger and shouldnt get to demand anything.

Alexander sells 8k tickets at stl and has the tv date. Bailey's only negotiating tool is the trinket. I would be surprised if the fight didn't end up here.
if i were bailey, i would demand more money for fighting in st louis then require judges come from different countries.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 am

if i were bailey, i would demand more money for fighting in st louis then require judges come from different countries.

Judges will have no factor in this fight as far as Bailey is concerned. Bailey is not going to win a decision period. He was losing on the cards to the highly overrated Mike Jones before he got KO'd him. Bailey is just too inactive these days.

This fight ends in a KO/TKO or decision by Devon, or KO by Bailey. The first two are the most likely...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:29 pm

bailey only wins via ko so st. louis makes no difference. although I'd make sure to have some legit officials. could see the kind of ref that comes up with bullshit reasons to stop bailey from attacking alexander if he does actually land the right hand.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:34 am

God I hope Bailey wins. I hope he knocks that barking fool the eff out lol
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Bailey is MMAs version of Charles Bennett, a fighter with no skill, but has one punch KO power. I really hope Bailey lands a lucky one of Alexander.

Last edited by Diego408 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:24 pm

like several here im hoping bailey lands several big right hands to take alexander out.if he doesnt alexander will win a ud with ease by a comfortable margin no matter where the fight is held.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 am

It's now headed to Memphis.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 am

Diego408 wrote:Bailey is MMAs version of Charles Bennett, a fighter with no skill, but has one punch KO power. I really hope Bailey lands a lucky one of Alexander.

Krazy Horse is fucking hilarious.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Bailey is MMAs version of Charles Bennett, a fighter with no skill, but has one punch KO power. I really hope Bailey lands a lucky one of Alexander.

Krazy Horse is fucking hilarious.

Whatever happened to him ?

I remember that time he sent K.J Noons to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 pm

nano212 wrote:I HOPE Bailey gets another KO win!!

+1 PLEASE
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 pm

WAR ALEXANDER Twisted Evil

There is a lot of hate on this board for my boy Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:43 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:WAR ALEXANDER Twisted Evil

There is a lot of hate on this board for my boy Laughing

the hate for him is common.

instead of getting credit for fighting some good fighters, he gets hate for getting 2 very questionable (bullshit) decisions.

that is how boxing is. get a shitty decision because you are the hometown fighter and fans hold that shit against you.

I know I shouldn't, but I do.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:57 am

I agree capt. I have said it before but I will say it again. The fighter that loses the debated/bs decision has an increase in his stock and the winner takes a hit. I think the Matthysse fight could've gone either way but most don't. I will root for him as long as he brings good fights to the STL. I'm disappointed he didn't get this one here because I expect him to win and Matthysse to win in a very entertaining fight.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 am

Now it's moved to San Antonio, Texas on the 22nd. Jesus make up your minds already.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bailey-alexander-heading-san-antonio-new-date--55582

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down