OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  dmar5143 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

wowtalk about loading up a fight card.this card to me actualy outdoes the 2 good cards we had this saturday.bailey alexander paulie m garcia morales kid chocolate jacobs making a return louie collazo and others.showtime hit the jackpot here.so did boxing.
talk about giving boxing fans what they want to see.this is a top notch 7 course meal.golden boy for once deserves good praise.this should be another sellout.is boxing turning the corner and waking up.it looks like its starting too.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Gumby on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Your post made me want to see what's coming up:

Oct. 13
At Carson, Calif. (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Toshiaki Nishioka, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO/IBF junior featherweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Brandon Rios, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Those two fights are huge! Alvarado vs. Rios is going to be a war! And Donaire is taking a step up in competition. If he wins his next fight has to be Rigo or Abner Mares.
avatar
Gumby

Posts : 2256
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  captainanddew on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:wowtalk about loading up a fight card.this card to me actualy outdoes the 2 good cards we had this saturday.bailey alexander paulie m garcia morales kid chocolate jacobs making a return louie collazo and others.showtime hit the jackpot here.so did boxing.
talk about giving boxing fans what they want to see.this is a top notch 7 course meal.golden boy for once deserves good praise.this should be another sellout.is boxing turning the corner and waking up.it looks like its starting too.
decent card

bailey has the puncher's chance vs UB's boy
Paulie M. vs cano should be decent
jacobs is a comeback fight, hope he does well after his health issues
collazo is vs tba as well

the fight of that card might be:

Quillin vs Hassan N'Damn N'Jikam (both top 10 ranked by ring). 2 guys in their mid to late 20s that are 27-0. winner takes a step up the ladder.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  dmar5143 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Gumby wrote:Your post made me want to see what's coming up:

Oct. 13
At Carson, Calif. (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Toshiaki Nishioka, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO/IBF junior featherweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Brandon Rios, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Those two fights are huge! Alvarado vs. Rios is going to be a war! And Donaire is taking a step up in competition. If he wins his next fight has to be Rigo or Abner Mares.
..yes another strong card.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  UBeeg9cats on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:38 pm

With Ricky coming back, I don't know what it does to the welterweight mix but 10/20 has Alexander and Paulie fighting. They have wanted to fight in the past but Ricky brings the cash and the IBF will make Alexander or Bailey fight Brook after he wins on the same date. Welter could get interesting if fighters try to earn fights with Pac or Floyd but it could also end up like heavyweight with every contender waiting on their lottery ticket.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 pm

I have to say it the promoters are doing a great job.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  powerpuncher on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 am

if they can keep it up then boxing will move back up the ladder.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  kbyte on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 am

Golden Boy usually make an effort to put on good cards I think. They're usually better than Top Rank anyway imo.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Diego408 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Gumby on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Diego408 wrote:I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
But with Devon's defense there's a good chance that bomb lands at some point in the fight.
avatar
Gumby

Posts : 2256
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 am

Diego408 wrote:I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
although it may not be super exciting, its a solid fight. not every fight is going to be exciting. thats the thing. so i will always take a solid fight rather than a total mismatch (although this fight could be that but so was chavez vs martinez and we still all wanted to watch that).
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum