The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

+4
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
Gumby
dmar5143
8 posters

Go down

OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER Empty OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  dmar5143 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

wowtalk about loading up a fight card.this card to me actualy outdoes the 2 good cards we had this saturday.bailey alexander paulie m garcia morales kid chocolate jacobs making a return louie collazo and others.showtime hit the jackpot here.so did boxing.
talk about giving boxing fans what they want to see.this is a top notch 7 course meal.golden boy for once deserves good praise.this should be another sellout.is boxing turning the corner and waking up.it looks like its starting too.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER Empty Re: OCT 20 CARD.BAILEY -ALEXANDER

Post  Gumby Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Your post made me want to see what's coming up:

Oct. 13
At Carson, Calif. (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Toshiaki Nishioka, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO/IBF junior featherweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Brandon Rios, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Those two fights are huge! Alvarado vs. Rios is going to be a war! And Donaire is taking a step up in competition. If he wins his next fight has to be Rigo or Abner Mares.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:wowtalk about loading up a fight card.this card to me actualy outdoes the 2 good cards we had this saturday.bailey alexander paulie m garcia morales kid chocolate jacobs making a return louie collazo and others.showtime hit the jackpot here.so did boxing.
talk about giving boxing fans what they want to see.this is a top notch 7 course meal.golden boy for once deserves good praise.this should be another sellout.is boxing turning the corner and waking up.it looks like its starting too.
decent card

bailey has the puncher's chance vs UB's boy
Paulie M. vs cano should be decent
jacobs is a comeback fight, hope he does well after his health issues
collazo is vs tba as well

the fight of that card might be:

Quillin vs Hassan N'Damn N'Jikam (both top 10 ranked by ring). 2 guys in their mid to late 20s that are 27-0. winner takes a step up the ladder.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Gumby wrote:Your post made me want to see what's coming up:

Oct. 13
At Carson, Calif. (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Toshiaki Nishioka, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO/IBF junior featherweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Brandon Rios, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Those two fights are huge! Alvarado vs. Rios is going to be a war! And Donaire is taking a step up in competition. If he wins his next fight has to be Rigo or Abner Mares.
..yes another strong card.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:38 pm

With Ricky coming back, I don't know what it does to the welterweight mix but 10/20 has Alexander and Paulie fighting. They have wanted to fight in the past but Ricky brings the cash and the IBF will make Alexander or Bailey fight Brook after he wins on the same date. Welter could get interesting if fighters try to earn fights with Pac or Floyd but it could also end up like heavyweight with every contender waiting on their lottery ticket.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 pm

I have to say it the promoters are doing a great job.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 am

if they can keep it up then boxing will move back up the ladder.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 am

Golden Boy usually make an effort to put on good cards I think. They're usually better than Top Rank anyway imo.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Diego408 wrote:I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
But with Devon's defense there's a good chance that bomb lands at some point in the fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 am

Diego408 wrote:I wasn't a fan of this fight. There's going to be no excitement unless Bailey drops a bomb on Alexander and knocks him out.
although it may not be super exciting, its a solid fight. not every fight is going to be exciting. thats the thing. so i will always take a solid fight rather than a total mismatch (although this fight could be that but so was chavez vs martinez and we still all wanted to watch that).
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum