The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs. Saldivia Oct 20th winner faces Alexander/Bailey

Go down

Brook vs. Saldivia Oct 20th winner faces Alexander/Bailey Empty Brook vs. Saldivia Oct 20th winner faces Alexander/Bailey

Post  Guest Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:53 pm

The IBF have ordered Kell Brook to face Hector Saldivia on October 20 in a final eliminator for the mandatory position for the welterweight title at the Motorpoint Arena Sheffield, live on Sky Sports.

Brook maintained his unbeaten record with a hard fought win over Carson Jones in July and the Sheffield star is already back in training as he prepares for his biggest night yet against the dangerous Argentine with 32 KOs in his 41 wins. The winner of the clash will become the mandatory challenger for the title, which Randall Bailey defends against Devon Alexander in Texas on September 22.

Brook, 25, boxes at the Arena for the third time and has vowed to grasp the mandatory spot in style after admitting he struggled ahead of the Jones fight.

“I proved I have massive heart against Carson,” said Brook. “I said after the fight that there needs to be an improvement and on October 20 my fans are going to see me at my very best.”

Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn added: “We have a new team in place that is going to ensure Kell will hit new heights in this fight. It was always our goal to secure a mandatory position and now we are just one fight away from making that happen.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/brook-vs-saldivia-finalized-oct-20-sheffield--55779

Back to top Go down

Brook vs. Saldivia Oct 20th winner faces Alexander/Bailey Empty Re: Brook vs. Saldivia Oct 20th winner faces Alexander/Bailey

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Brook vs any of the US welterweights would be great to see
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down