The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS IT UPSET TIME.

+4
Frank
GrantZilla
captainanddew
dmar5143
8 posters

Go down

IS IT UPSET TIME. Empty IS IT UPSET TIME.

Post  dmar5143 Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

im talking pac-bradley of course.ive been watching both guys in training clips and interviews etc etc..bradley isnt a trash talker thank goodness but hes about as confident as a fighter can get.its no act.his body language his facial expressions his mild speach is ozzing with confidence..the odds are only 3-1 and it could get slighly lower.pac was what 7-1 8-1 over marquez even though he had 2 tough fights with him.
pac on the other hand looks slighly worried.bradleys trainer is confident advising him to go the first 3 rounds perhaps like the mosley fight but brad will punch when needed.a smart tactical first 3 rounds and pac could be down 3-0..freddie says they will prepare for anything.i realy doubt that.after the marquez fight he said we need to work on fighting counterpunchers..hmmm.what did you work on then..bradley is younger and much stronger.there wont be 4 pounds seperating them..bradley says his target is 144...hes built strong much like ralph tiger jones..
i think at this stage his handspeed is faster and his footwork more fluid.he can match pac with punching angles.he can move at better angles and his jab has more snap and its better then pacs.
some say pac has slipped a bit.perhaps a little but from watching clips of bradley hes improved..
add to that the guy can counterpunch and go to the body.2 of pacs shortcomings.pac has the power edge no doubt but bradley can cut and bust pac up...
look it seems that the mental will determination and confidence bradley is there.pac is maybe but at a lesser level i believe.
untill proven otherwise i say i would have to pick pac but im not that strong in belief.again i said before the first 3 rounds is critical.if bradleys not blown out by then and he does what i think he can do well pacs in for a long night.the odds of him getting stoped by round 9 or 10 is very good and real.dont be surprized if bradley proves the otherwise...is it upset time.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

IS IT UPSET TIME. Empty Re: IS IT UPSET TIME.

Post  captainanddew Thu May 31, 2012 5:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:im talking pac-bradley of course.ive been watching both guys in training clips and interviews etc etc..bradley isnt a trash talker thank goodness but hes about as confident as a fighter can get.its no act.his body language his facial expressions his mild speach is ozzing with confidence..the odds are only 3-1 and it could get slighly lower.pac was what 7-1 8-1 over marquez even though he had 2 tough fights with him.
pac on the other hand looks slighly worried.bradleys trainer is confident advising him to go the first 3 rounds perhaps like the mosley fight but brad will punch when needed.a smart tactical first 3 rounds and pac could be down 3-0..freddie says they will prepare for anything.i realy doubt that.after the marquez fight he said we need to work on fighting counterpunchers..hmmm.what did you work on then..bradley is younger and much stronger.there wont be 4 pounds seperating them..bradley says his target is 144...hes built strong much like ralph tiger jones..
i think at this stage his handspeed is faster and his footwork more fluid.he can match pac with punching angles.he can move at better angles and his jab has more snap and its better then pacs.
some say pac has slipped a bit.perhaps a little but from watching clips of bradley hes improved..
add to that the guy can counterpunch and go to the body.2 of pacs shortcomings.pac has the power edge no doubt but bradley can cut and bust pac up...
look it seems that the mental will determination and confidence bradley is there.pac is maybe but at a lesser level i believe.
untill proven otherwise i say i would have to pick pac but im not that strong in belief.again i said before the first 3 rounds is critical.if bradleys not blown out by then and he does what i think he can do well pacs in for a long night.the odds of him getting stoped by round 9 or 10 is very good and real.dont be surprized if bradley proves the otherwise...is it upset time.

there will be weight separating them. Bradley weighed 155 or 156 pounds in the ring against Abregu (previous fight at 147). Pac will weigh around 148-149 in all likelihood.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

we will find out fight night i guess.im thinking pac148 or 49 bradley 152 maybe 53.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

is bradley huge compared to Pac? No. Is Bradley the naturally heavier man? Yes.

Pac didn't weigh in above 135 pounds until he was almost 30 yrs old. Bradley has been fighting at 140 (or above) since he turned pro in 2004.

Bradley is bigger and is very strong but it isn't as if he uses that strength in a mauling style most of the time. And he is short as hell.

Now Bradley's head. He has a head bigger than guys much bigger than him. That head is ginormous!!!!

If Bradley were to go Andre Ward/BHOP, and try to hit, hold, and then maul for the first half of the fight, he could wear down Pac.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Pac always looks unfocused in camp. It's a gimick now to hype up the fight. Expect Roach to come out and say he's "worried" about Manny's focus or some shit.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Pac always looks unfocused in camp. It's a gimick now to hype up the fight. Expect Roach to come out and say he's "worried" about Manny's focus or some shit.

roach is the boy who cried wolf. When he ever really is worried about Pac's focus and preparation, no one will actually believe him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm

lol bradleys head is 50 pounds..i read nothing so far that roach has said pac has had a bad camp but yep thats his m.o..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol bradleys head is 50 pounds

More like a 100 pounds

IS IT UPSET TIME. 565_bm10
IS IT UPSET TIME. Untitl59
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 pm

My concern about this fight is Manny’s level of interest. Is he inspired?

Following his fight with Tommy Hearns, Ray Leonard seemed to only get up for the big fights. If Manny can only get up for the super fights, he needs to be honest with himself about that. Oh well. We’ll see.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Bradley has never had to deal with anybody with anywhere near as much speed as the pacman. Bradley leaves his chin up when he attacks. I think Bradley's confidence being highlighted so much is typical top rank propaganda to hype up a ppv show as Bradley is low profile in reality compared to other ppv fighters. I really believe PAC is going to be made to look good from this contest. All this talk of Bradley being a patient counterpuncher is bullshit, he likes to mix it up and that is perfect for Mandy's awkward angled punches

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 pm

DBUDGE YOU MAY BE RIGHT.IM BUYING THE HYPE MAYBE..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm

dmar5143 wrote:DBUDGE YOU MAY BE RIGHT.IM BUYING THE HYPE MAYBE..

Maybe.... But this is why we have the fights and continue to expect the unexpected in such matches. It will be a fun fight I'm sure

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:20 pm

I am keeping with my original statement that this will be Pac killing Bradley.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: IS IT UPSET TIME.

Post Soonermark890 Yesterday at 4:20 am
I am keeping with my original statement that this will be Pac killing Bradley.

agree,i think pac will be too much of everything for a game,coming to win,bradley.pac has points to prove & ground to make-up with many after the marquez fight.i think it'll be pac's best performance since cotto,hatton.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 am

Power punching will be the difference in this fight. Remember the Holt vs. Bradley fight? I think Pac will knock Bradley down multiple times and might even finish him.

However, I will be rooting for Bradley. This is how you become a super star in boxing... beat the current star. The casual fan didn't know who Pacquiao was until he beat Oscar. It's Bradley's turn to shine if he can pull of the upset.

I like Bradley and think he'd be perfect to be one of the faces in Boxing. Also, he'd fight Mayweather for sure.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:42 am

Shaun wrote:Power punching will be the difference in this fight. Remember the Holt vs. Bradley fight? I think Pac will knock Bradley down multiple times and might even finish him.

However, I will be rooting for Bradley. This is how you become a super star in boxing... beat the current star. The casual fan didn't know who Pacquiao was until he beat Oscar. It's Bradley's turn to shine if he can pull of the upset.

I like Bradley and think he'd be perfect to be one of the faces in Boxing. Also, he'd fight Mayweather for sure.

I'm sure Roach has watched that fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down