The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT

+3
Frank
flapanther2001
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT Empty GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am

go to max boxing and read or click on the link to the cease and desist letter golden boys lawyers sent to gab montoya about possible golden boys interfernce will drug testing results..ohh boy its serious.publicity like this true or not is not what boxing needs.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT Empty Re: GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT

Post  flapanther2001 Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 am

dmar5143 wrote:go to max boxing and read or click on the link to the cease and desist letter golden boys lawyers sent to gab montoya about possible golden boys interfernce will drug testing results..ohh boy its serious.publicity like this true or not is not what boxing needs.
I loved Gabe's response!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT Empty Re: GOLDEN BOY UPSET OVER DOPING INVOLVEMENT

Post  flapanther2001 Tue May 29, 2012 9:38 am

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 am

yep gabes response was perfect.the old sayings of balls in your court or the proofs in the pudding sure is accurate..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 am

Wow! I won’t comment due to the avalanche of protests I received on a certain thread I wrote about steroid use. However, in the wake of Lamont Peterson demanding that both fighters be tested for PEDs and considering his positive test results for a banned substance, I need not comment.

The responsible thing to do in this instance is to wait for some concrete information to be discovered before making any judgments.

The common sense thing to do is to weigh the possibilities and come up with a rather easy and obvious conclusion. Remember, it's boxing, not rocket science. Nor do we have any rocket scientists in boxing from what I know.

Damn, I said I wouldn't comment. I guess sometimes ya just can't help yourself.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 pm

So GBP lawyer added a little more intrigue with the whole Mayweather tested positive on three occasions a claim that Montoya never made ha ha! Well Gabe reported that Mayweather has counter sued Pac so Mayweather's medical records including his USADA contracts and test results to the public!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 pm

nano212 wrote:So GBP lawyer added a little more intrigue with the whole Mayweather tested positive on three occasions a claim that Montoya never made ha ha! Well Gabe reported that Mayweather has counter sued Pac so Mayweather's medical records including his USADA contracts and test results to the public!

I saw that as well. I was floored by that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 pm

frank may be on to something when hes hinted its the finger pointers and the guys who want the test that flunked..i made the comment over a year ago or more that floyds not interested in cleaning up boxing with this test stuff.i said maybe hes got some of victor contes left over cream stuff....now with golden boys lawyer saying that the writer said lol floyd flunked 3 tests when he didnt say it is a hmmm slip of the tounge.
i like maybe frank have suspected that floyd feels he found a way to fly under the rador.he lol counter sues pac for what.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm

can anyone correct me, maybe captain since i believe he's a lawyer but doesn't the first amendment give montoya freedom of the press? wasn't there some case in the 1700's with Peter Zenger that allows montoya to say more or less whatever the fuck he wants?

this actually makes goldenboy look worse.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Rum Capital wrote:can anyone correct me, maybe captain since i believe he's a lawyer but doesn't the first amendment give montoya freedom of the press? wasn't there some case in the 1700's with Peter Zenger that allows montoya to say more or less whatever the fuck he wants?

you want to know about taxes, estate administration, etc..., then I'm your man. If you want to know about defamation, I know next to nothing. It was on the multi-state, but I took the bar in July 2004. Truth is a defense to defamation. If it involves a public figure(and I think it had to involve a public matter) then malice is required. I don't recall who is considered a public figure, etc....

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 pm

there is freedom of the press and also freedom to sue.you can print or say anything you want i guess with that freedom but also beware of penalties for irresponsible stuff or outright defaming lies.tabloids have gotten away with that for years untill a few folks said enough and won some serious cash in the form of damages.

Last edited by dmar5143 on Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:can anyone correct me, maybe captain since i believe he's a lawyer but doesn't the first amendment give montoya freedom of the press? wasn't there some case in the 1700's with Peter Zenger that allows montoya to say more or less whatever the fuck he wants?

you want to know about taxes, estate administration, etc..., then I'm your man. If you want to know about defamation, I know next to nothing. It was on the multi-state, but I took the bar in July 2004. Truth is a defense to defamation. If it involves a public figure(and I think it had to involve a public matter) then malice is required. I don't recall who is considered a public figure, etc....

goldenboy's lawyer is huffing and puffing. i don't see how they can sue montoya and actually win if he hasn't truly accused goldenboy of anything, i mean his job is to REPORT afterall.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm

dmar5143 wrote:there is freedom of the press and also freedom to sue.you can print or say anything you want i guess with that freedom but also beware of penalties for irresponsible stuff or outright defaming lies.tabloids have gotten away with that for years untill a few folks said enough and won some serious cash in the form of damages.

i agree dmar but can you actually imagine goldenboy and floyd getting together and saying "enough is enough mr montoya you have hurt out feelings" and sue this guy for doing and his job and winning? like i said this is truly making goldenboy look horrible. if hbo and jim lampley had any balls they should put them on the spot on jim's next show.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

according to what i read thus far theres been nothing in print by that reporter at all..hes doing investigating reporting which thus far is gathering information.he may be touching a nerve and getting close to home on something.golden boys guys jumpted the gun pretty fast.his reply was balls in your court type of thing.lets clear up the record with contracts and test results..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 am

Does anyone know why boxers have such lousy lawyers? Laughing First there was that idiot (Forgot his name) who was supposed to represent Mike Tyson in his rape case. He did more to convict him than Greg Garrison (The prosecutor) or any other DA could possibly accomplish. Now this genius "Perry Mason" wanna be from Golden Boy is our present mastermind of the month.

Am i dreaming here? I'm still on page one of this hilarious comedy! ! A reporter is doing research on Mayweather. He doesn't mention any steroid test, however Floyd's lawyer writes him back and says, "My guy never flunked 3 steroid tests." LOLOLOLOL

Just a friendly note. Take down the name of this so called attorney for GB. I'm confident nobody on this board is going to get in any legal trouble, however if you go to this lawyer to defend you in traffic court, this son of a bitch is likely to get you arrested for goosing a girl in high school. "My client never hit the back of that car or the back of that 16 year old girl in high school who accused him of pinching her ass. Your honor, the defense rests."

Guys, I tried really hard not to comment on this. I just can't help it. I can't. lol!

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Frank wrote:Does anyone know why boxers have such lousy lawyers? Laughing First there was that idiot (Forgot his name) who was supposed to represent Mike Tyson in his rape case. He did more to convict him than Greg Garrison (The prosecutor) or any other DA could possibly accomplish. Now this genius "Perry Mason" wanna be from Golden Boy is our present mastermind of the month.

Am i dreaming here? I'm still on page one of this hilarious comedy! ! A reporter is doing research on Mayweather. He doesn't mention any steroid test, however Floyd's lawyer writes him back and says, "My guy never flunked 3 steroid tests." LOLOLOLOL

Just a friendly note. Take down the name of this so called attorney for GB. I'm confident nobody on this board is going to get in any legal trouble, however if you go to this lawyer to defend you in traffic court, this son of a bitch is likely to get you arrested for goosing a girl in high school. "My client never hit the back of that car or the back of that 16 year old girl in high school who accused him of pinching her ass. Your honor, the defense rests."

Guys, I tried really hard not to comment on this. I just can't help it. I can't. lol!

lol
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

It is very hard to win a lawsuit against the media on these kind of grounds. If it wasn't, tabliods would have been out of business years ago. It's a long, costly, drawn out process and in the end, the settlement does not even merit the time and cost of the lawsuit in the first place. Why most celebs don't even bother to try and sue tabliods.

The lawyer is bluffing. If he has any brains, he knows he has no case, and it'll get thrown out. He likely doesn't care, since he'll make money regardless, but I'm sure GB does.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 pm

gabe montoya is ripping on fat dan on twitter. He has been begging someone from espn to take this story and run with it. But Fat Dan seems to be ignoring it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 am

captainanddew wrote:gabe montoya is ripping on fat dan on twitter. He has been begging someone from espn to take this story and run with it. But Fat Dan seems to be ignoring it.

Of course Fat Dan is to busy making up #toejokes and #wbcisdisgusting twitter updates and blogs to worry about PEDS in boxing!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am

captainanddew wrote:gabe montoya is ripping on fat dan on twitter. He has been begging someone from espn to take this story and run with it. But Fat Dan seems to be ignoring it.
That doesn't mean we ignore it. ESPN is rather unprofessional with it's boxing converage, however this needs to be covered.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Frank wrote:
That doesn't mean we ignore it. ESPN is rather unprofessional with it's boxing converage, however this needs to be covered.

Montoya was begging someone with the power of espn behind them to just take a look at things. Hopefully ESPN will take a look

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down