The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15

+13
Shaun
boxinglawyer
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
powerpuncher
dmar5143
SlickMoney
Soonermark890
jz_hova
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
gomez1012
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:36 pm

I know this falls into the realm of less likely than Bob Arum knocking out Wlad Klitschko in a fight but wouldn't it be great if these 2 PPVs were just combined? Jhonny Gonzalez vs Daniel Ponce De Leon, Canelo vs Ortiz, JCC Jr vs Sergio, and another fight on 1 PPV. That would be a sick card that delivers the buys. How about Arce vs Donaire as the last fight to keep with Top Rank's preferred fight and the Mexican theme?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:Jr vs. Canelo should be the fight that's being made but of course this is boxing Mad
Why? I want a unification. That never happens now days.

Two young undefeated Mexicans who happen to be big names, the winner would be the heir to the face of boxing.

Unification ...........need I remind you Mark that Chavez Jr only has that title because the WBC stripped Martinez and gave it to him.

And Sergio Martinez is the lineal Middleweight champion he doesn't need that trinket.
I still would rather see Jr vs Sergio. Its the better fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:Now you will get to see your hero brutalized by the best middleweight

period. no excuses when Chavez jr whoops your boy no excuses
LOL whats up Hova? Your boy looked really good last night. I knew he would kill Lee. Lee just is not that good.

what's good Sooner. The Champ looked good and will look great on Sept 15th when he whoops SM
That fight really has me confused. Sergio is so quick and powerful but Jr really is a lot larger and can take a punch. I just wonder how Sergio will react to the pressure that Jr will bring.

Lee's biggest fault was agreeing to fight in such a small ring. Sergio will make sure that he is fighting in a larger ring to where he can negate Jr's pressure.
Maybe. Sergio has no leverage in the negotiations. Jr doesnt need the Sergio fight. Sergio needs the Jr fight. I know that sounds messed up but its the truth.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Shaun wrote:Man, I can't believe all of the people who are jumping on the Chavez Jr. bandwagon. He defeated Andy Lee...

Let me give you guys a quick reminder of who Chavez Jr. is dealing with.

I have always defended Jr. but man I am not sure he can handle Sergio. Then again I am not sure Sergio can handle his pressure. Its a pickem fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm

sooner i dont know what the odds will be on the fight but in my mind sergios a slight favorite.8-5..so its close to a pickem fight i feel.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner i dont know what the odds will be on the fight but in my mind sergios a slight favorite.8-5..so its close to a pickem fight i feel.
I have been saying for awhile that Jr needs a few more fights. I think he is ready now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner i dont know what the odds will be on the fight but in my mind sergios a slight favorite.8-5..so its close to a pickem fight i feel.

Fact is d, it's a legit fight to prove who the number 1 is in the current 160lb climate! I think andy lee has always been over hyped, as well as jr. But jr is going about his business the way he needs to and that can't be ignored. I still think Sergio will beat Chavez jr, but it's the best fight that can be made at 160 right now IMO and I want to see it. The sooner this fight is made the better

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 am

Lee was a decent contender but he was boarder line top 10 in the weight class. Lee would never be champion at 160. Martinez, Golovkin, Pirog, Geale and Sturm are way better than the Andy Less of the world. However Chavezes chin, toughness and his work to the body make him a difficult opponent to any fighter in the division especially with the size and weight advantage he carries. Chavez pretty much showed he belongs in the elite class among other top Middleweights last night. Martinez vs Chavez looks to be FOTY potential.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:32 am

chavez definitely impressed me last night although lee isnt a great fighter, he was a solid opponent. i still think that sergio wins the fight pretty easily but i dont think that it will be a shut out like i thought a year ago. the nice thing about the middleweight division at the moment is that top contenders are actually scheduled to face each other.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 am

Sooner and I were the ones defending Jr but I have to say I still see Sergio as a solid favorite in the fight. The 2 scenarios I can see Jr winning is 1. robbery or 2. starting the body attack early and taking the gas out of Sergio's tank. Problem with the latter is Jr's notoriously slow starts. Sergio starts slow but will then put rounds in the bank with his movement. I think that Chavez should be able to take his power unless it is a shot he doesn't see at all. Those shots always do damage.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

Bum Jr is a BUM. He beat Lee, who got tko'd by Brian Vera. I picked Lee to beat Bum Jr, but that was just a hope and a prayer.

But come Sept 15th, if Bum Jr fights Sergio, we will see him get whooped around the ring. Sergio is not some ATG, but he's head and shoulders above Bum Jr. Take him beating Lee with a grain of salt..

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 am

I know I am probably coming too much from the fan perspective but wouldn't Arum want to put on a stellar card to wipe out any chance GBP has of staying on the date and getting more support? Jose Benavidez in a step up fight, Alvarado-Rios, and Solis-Chocolatito would be an awesome undercard that Mexicans could support fully and deliver on all levels. Never going to happen but I don't think any of those guys require monster paydays.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Dan Rafael
Been told @maravillabox-Chavez @HBOboxing PPV undercard on 9/15 likely will include @mattmacklin, Rigondeaux & @MileHighMike303. #boxing

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:25 am

hillsicc303 wrote:Bum Jr is a BUM. He beat Lee, who got tko'd by Brian Vera. I picked Lee to beat Bum Jr, but that was just a hope and a prayer.

But come Sept 15th, if Bum Jr fights Sergio, we will see him get whooped around the ring. Sergio is not some ATG, but he's head and shoulders above Bum Jr. Take him beating Lee with a grain of salt..

another hope and a prayer I see

keep praying on Chavez jr to lose because it won't happen. he will KO your great Sergio easy work

I want to hear what you say after 9/15
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 am

keep praying on Chavez jr to lose because it won't happen. he will KO your great Sergio easy work

No... this is not a hope and a prayer. This is a good fighter, that is going to beat one of the most overhyped fighters in the sport around the ring.

This is going to be easy for Sergio. I say the fight gets stopped due to Bum Jr suffering from a case of 'Hamburger Meat Face'.

If you truly believe what you've written, you've truly lost it....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:23 pm

DiBella said he might match Macklin with former junior middleweight titlist Joachim Alcine (33-2-1, 19 KOs), who rejuvenated his career in December with a spirited majority decision win against heavy favorite David Lemieux in their all-Montreal meeting.

Top Rank has been tossing around a variety of possibilities for the card. Nothing is set, but names in the mix include junior featherweight titlist Guillermo Rigondeaux, who was very impressive in his blitz of Teon Kennedy in a June 9 defense on the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Jr. undercard, and junior welterweight contender Mike Alvarado (33-0, 23 KOs), whose last two fights (against Mauricio Herrera and Breidis Prescott) were sensational brawls on pay-per-view undercards.

Another fighter who might land on the card, be it on TV or off, is light heavyweight prospect Mike Lee (9-0, 5 KOs), the popular Notre Dame graduate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/1365/martinez-chavez-card-taking-shape

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:

No... this is not a hope and a prayer. This is a good fighter, that is going to beat one of the most overhyped fighters in the sport around the ring.

This is going to be easy for Sergio. I say the fight gets stopped due to Bum Jr suffering from a case of 'Hamburger Meat Face'.

If you truly believe what you've written, you've truly lost it....
Question Who the hell is over-hyping him?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Who the hell is over-hyping him?

HBO, Bob Arum, his large following of Mexican/Mex-American fans, any of these people on these various forums that actually think he's worth a damn. Just those people...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:
Who the hell is over-hyping him?

HBO, Bob Arum, his large following of Mexican/Mex-American fans, any of these people on these various forums that actually think he's worth a damn. Just those people...
Dude I have no idea why you hate the guy but he is a good fighter.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 am

I don't hate the guy, but the nepotism surrounding him is sickening. How can you call somebody a "good fighter" when they haven't even fought anybody worth a damn? You, me, or anybody else has no clue how good he is, because he's being coddled and fed hand picked Bums.

The guy is lazy, he's a cheater, he's not dedicated, he's not even overly skilled... but he is firmly entrenched in HBO's boxing plans because of his last name. HBO keeps wasting dates that other fighters could be using, on this guy. He's fighting the same type of opponents on HBO, that he was fighting on those BS Latin Fury cards.

And Sergio is by no means some ATG, but he's just FAR better than Bum Jr. The hype train will come to a crashing halt. Honestly, I'm waiting for Bum Jr, Roach, and Arum to come up with an excuse to pull out of the fight. Bum Jr was trailing Andy Lee on all of the scorecards when the fight was stopped for crying out loud(sigh)...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

I don't hate the guy, but the nepotism surrounding him is sickening. How can you call somebody a "good fighter" when they haven't even fought anybody worth a damn? You, me, or anybody else has no clue how good he is, because he's being coddled and fed hand picked Bums.

The guy is lazy, he's a cheater, he's not dedicated, he's not even overly skilled... but he is firmly entrenched in HBO's boxing plans because of his last name. HBO keeps wasting dates that other fighters could be using, on this guy. He's fighting the same type of opponents on HBO, that he was fighting on those BS Latin Fury cards.

And Sergio is by no means some ATG, but he's just FAR better than Bum Jr. The hype train will come to a crashing halt. Honestly, I'm waiting for Bum Jr, Roach, and Arum to come up with an excuse to pull out of the fight. Bum Jr was trailing Andy Lee on all of the scorecards when the fight was stopped for crying out loud(sigh)...

The bold is why one wouldn't like him, the italics are why one shouldn't like him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

I just want to know are you going to make excuses after Sergio is whooped or give Chavez jr his credit for being the best 160lber
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 am

jz_hova wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:

I just want to know are you going to make excuses after Sergio is whooped or give Chavez jr his credit for being the best 160lber
if that happens i will say confidently that chavez jr is the best middleweight in the world, but i dont see him beating sergio.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 am

as nigel collins said...chavez jr is the best lightheavy fighting in the middleweight division.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Bum Jr weighs in at 176 pounds and Martienz at 174 pounds at 30 day weigh in.

http://tinyurl.com/c78z4uq
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next