The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15

+13
Shaun
boxinglawyer
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
powerpuncher
dmar5143
SlickMoney
Soonermark890
jz_hova
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
gomez1012
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Martinez vs JCC Jr. on HBO PPV Sept 15

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 am

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Sergio Martinez Sept 15th - Thomas and Mack, Las Vegas on HBO PPV ‪#ChavezMartinez

https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/214221897599160321
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sept 15

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:11 am

So not only do we have 2 different PPV's on the same night. But both cards are going to be in Las Vegas.

I have to believe the undercards are going to be stacked. 2 long shots but I can see TR throwing in Marquez in a tune-up for Pacquiao IV. Or maybe Bradley shows up on the card in a soft fight. Maybe they wouldnt want to risk Marquez getting some type of cut or injury so close to November. And im not sure what Bradley's price tag is right now.

What PPV would u buy? Basically, Who R U Picking?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 am

Woooo! Let's do it.

Anyone hear if he passed his pee test
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:21 am

Even though I like the Canelo-Ortiz fight, I would have to go with Sergio vs JCC Jr. I don't believe they will actually go head to head in the same city but what do I know.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:23 am

Jr vs. Canelo should be the fight that's being made but of course this is boxing Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 am

Ali wrote:Jr vs. Canelo should be the fight that's being made but of course this is boxing Mad

No way man, we have a middleweight unifier in front of us. I love it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:Jr vs. Canelo should be the fight that's being made but of course this is boxing Mad

I am more interested in a big Mexican showdown.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:05 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

The Chavez Jr that fought last night is too big and too tough for Canelo. It's not a fair fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

The Chavez Jr that fought last night is too big and too tough for Canelo. It's not a fair fight.

I'd still like to see it happen.

Nice that Martinez is finally goint to get a big fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I'd still like to see it happen.

Nice that Martinez is finally goint to get a big fight.

Then you want to see Canelo die. Jr looks huge.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 am

Now you will get to see your hero brutalized by the best middleweight

period. no excuses when Chavez jr whoops your boy no excuses
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:55 am

Why? I want a unification. That never happens now days.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:56 am

jz_hova wrote:Now you will get to see your hero brutalized by the best middleweight

LOL whats up Hova? Your boy looked really good last night. I knew he would kill Lee. Lee just is not that good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

unifier of nothing. Martinez is the MW champ. the lineal champ. The ring champ.

Chavez Jr. has a useless trinket and is fighting for the real title.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

because of the size.

You do understand Canelo is bigger than Sergio.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:Now you will get to see your hero brutalized by the best middleweight

LOL whats up Hova? Your boy looked really good last night. I knew he would kill Lee. Lee just is not that good.

what's good Sooner. The Champ looked good and will look great on Sept 15th when he whoops SM
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:05 am

jz_hova wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

what's good Sooner. The Champ looked good and will look great on Sept 15th when he whoops SM
That fight really has me confused. Sergio is so quick and powerful but Jr really is a lot larger and can take a punch. I just wonder how Sergio will react to the pressure that Jr will bring.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I remember a drunken, out of shape, unmotivated, Kelley Pavlik overpowering Martinez and putting him on the brink of a KO before getting cut. Chavez, and I CANT believe I am saying it, is too big, strong, and powerful for Martinez. I LIKE Martinez, I really do. But he has become BADLY over rated by people. He will lose to Chavez by KO in the middle rounds I think. I HOPE I am wrong, but I dont think so.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Two young undefeated Mexicans who happen to be big names, the winner would be the heir to the face of boxing.

Unification ...........need I remind you Mark that Chavez Jr only has that title because the WBC stripped Martinez and gave it to him.

And Sergio Martinez is the lineal Middleweight champion he doesn't need that trinket.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:37 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: I remember a drunken, out of shape, unmotivated, Kelley Pavlik overpowering Martinez and putting him on the brink of a KO before getting cut. Chavez, and I CANT believe I am saying it, is too big, strong, and powerful for Martinez. I LIKE Martinez, I really do. But he has become BADLY over rated by people. He will lose to Chavez by KO in the middle rounds I think. I HOPE I am wrong, but I dont think so.

The performances against Macklin and Barker showed us that Martinez isn't a deity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

That fight really has me confused. Sergio is so quick and powerful but Jr really is a lot larger and can take a punch. I just wonder how Sergio will react to the pressure that Jr will bring.

Lee's biggest fault was agreeing to fight in such a small ring. Sergio will make sure that he is fighting in a larger ring to where he can negate Jr's pressure.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Man, I can't believe all of the people who are jumping on the Chavez Jr. bandwagon. He defeated Andy Lee...

Let me give you guys a quick reminder of who Chavez Jr. is dealing with.

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: I remember a drunken, out of shape, unmotivated, Kelley Pavlik overpowering Martinez and putting him on the brink of a KO before getting cut. Chavez, and I CANT believe I am saying it, is too big, strong, and powerful for Martinez. I LIKE Martinez, I really do. But he has become BADLY over rated by people. He will lose to Chavez by KO in the middle rounds I think. I HOPE I am wrong, but I dont think so.

I think this fight is going to be very similar to Pavlik v. Martinez. A few things I disagree with you about (and why I like Martinez):
  • That drunken, out of shape Pavlik was still a good fighter...I rate him about the same as I rate Jr. right now.
  • Martinez has become much more comfortable at 160 since his fight with Pavlik. He won't be near Jr. but he'll come in the ring at 165+.
  • Jr. matches up better for him style wise. Pavlik could hurt him from a distance with his jab and straight punches. Jr. needs to get inside to be effective. That won't be easy against Sergio
I think the fight will depend on how many concessions Sergio is willing to make to get it made: weigh in time, ring size, $, etc. If it's a small ring with Jr. getting plenty of time to rehydrate I give him a chance. If it's a normal fight I still think Sergio picks him apart in a really fun, competitive fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Two young undefeated Mexicans who happen to be big names, the winner would be the heir to the face of boxing.

Unification ...........need I remind you Mark that Chavez Jr only has that title because the WBC stripped Martinez and gave it to him.

And Sergio Martinez is the lineal Middleweight champion he doesn't need that trinket.
The problem with the Mexican throwdown is that neither Canelo nor Jr. deserves to be the face of boxing. They haven't done enough record wise and haven't shown enough skill wise. Plus Canelo is still green to fight above his weight class. I actually think he has talent and I'd hate to see him get derailed by fighting a guy 20+ lbs heavier than him whose a terrible match up for him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:02 pm

guys sorry there are so many statements made here that realy lack merit or fact or solid reasoning.1.canelo is not bigger then martinez.canelo goes in at 168 fight nite and one time a little over.sergio a few fights ago came in at 170.still trim yes.165 his last fight.2 or 3 pounds differnce is not a bigger guy.please lets stop saying that fight in and fight out.2.sergo martinez is not overated.hes good fast and has guts.his window is closing and chavez jr who yes is the bigger guy by 12 to 14 or so pounds can take advantage of that window..age yes but thats not entirely why the window is closing.ive said before ive seen several fighters who come along for a 2 or 3 year period that seem unbeatable then out of the blue they become ordinary never to return to the elevation of abilty again.i said before i think sergio is one of thoses and he has 1 or 2 fights left at the most before that happens.
lets not downgrade sergios win over pavik please.he fought magnifently and took advbantage of kellys shortcomings.that same drunk was destroying fighters before..
chavez jr i said before is better much better then what hes been given credit for on here.he has improved each fight with a step up in opposition..hes a legit top 5 middle today and yes the division sucks even if you added the phoney 154 to it..lee was overated in the rankings.he has no defense and his punch or power is not a proven fact.its decent but its not one that has koed top fighters in numbers.3 or 4 top good guys.his chin is so so.the guy lacks or is far short on talent..
a chavez canelo fight again is a fight im not excited about.chavez has a 10-12 pound weight advantage and both are hitable.strenth testing alvarez to the limits is in his favor..martinez -chavez is the best matchup.that fight will happen and for thoses who constanly say arums keeping chavez away etc etc will eat crow.
chavez -martinez may be his last fight at 160.yes he will venture in at 168 and at the same time a few 168 ers will go to 175.chavez will be capable of beating a few decent fighters at 168 but also some losses will occur.so what.
overall there are things chavez does with expertiece like going to the body and mixing his punches up on the attack.outside of that he doesnt impress me a bit.but hes not a bum.so bum jr should now cease hopefully.he is far from a complete fighter and never will be even if you had 10 freddie roachs with him 24-7...but hes no bum.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next