The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don King the racist ?

5 posters

Go down

Don King the racist ? Empty Don King the racist ?

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:36 am

bill (carmel, ny)
dan, any idea what happened between cris arreola and don king last week?

Dan Rafael
(12:43 PM)
I was told that King used a pretty derogatory word to describe Mexicans at the press conference the week of the fight and Arreola was pretty ticked off by it.

Back to top Go down

Don King the racist ? Empty Re: Don King the racist ?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 am

"We even brought in a Mexican-American to give him a chance to get out and be at the front of the forefront. No more wetbacks running up and down picking the fruits and things. Now, we're rolling, you know what I mean," King said, drawing more than a few gasps from the assembled media and supporters of the Sweet Science. "That's what makes this country so great, you know what I mean? Yesterday's nobody is tomorrow's somebody. So I'm very thrilled and I'm humbly honored to be in Corpus Christi. Texas, hear my cry. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. Victory is ours."

http://tinyurl.com/6wdd96d
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 am

GrantZilla wrote:"We even brought in a Mexican-American to give him a chance to get out and be at the front of the forefront. No more wetbacks running up and down picking the fruits and things. Now, we're rolling, you know what I mean," King said, drawing more than a few gasps from the assembled media and supporters of the Sweet Science. "That's what makes this country so great, you know what I mean? Yesterday's nobody is tomorrow's somebody. So I'm very thrilled and I'm humbly honored to be in Corpus Christi. Texas, hear my cry. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. Victory is ours."

http://tinyurl.com/6wdd96d

Arreola should have glassed him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 am

Why the fuck does anyone still deal with Don King? Seriously.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:11 am

"front of the forefront...."good tautology.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

you can really see why Arreola was going after DK in the post fight interview.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:you can really see why Arreola was going after DK in the post fight interview.

What did Chris say ?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
captainanddew wrote:you can really see why Arreola was going after DK in the post fight interview.

What did Chris say ?

he said to Jim Gray something along the lines of, "as a kid he was a big fan of Don King, but Don King is a fucking racist." Then Gray cut him off, said they weren't going to go there, and apologized to the Showtime audience.

Arreola was having a decent interview before that utterance. He was trying to keep from cursing. I can't blame him for cursing about DK the way that he acted.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:

What did Chris say ?

he said to Jim Gray something along the lines of, "as a kid he was a big fan of Don King, but Don King is a fucking racist." Then Gray cut him off, said they weren't going to go there, and apologized to the Showtime audience.

Arreola was having a decent interview before that utterance. He was trying to keep from cursing. I can't blame him for cursing about DK the way that he acted.

What does it matter if he curses Showtime is a cable channel that airs Dexter and Weeds.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:

What did Chris say ?

What does it matter if he curses Showtime is a cable channel that airs Dexter and Weeds.

I agree.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

sad & strange thing,especially coming from DK,is i'm almost certain he didn't mean it as a racial comment.he's not the most intelligent guy & he's used to just speaking the words that come to mind.
that's in no way an excuse,but it's ironic that someone like him,who's spent half his life,claiming he's been discriminated against,is so insensitive & out of touch.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm

shakefree wrote:sad & strange thing,especially coming from DK,is i'm almost certain he didn't mean it as a racial comment.he's not the most intelligent guy & he's used to just speaking the words that come to mind.
that's in no way an excuse,but it's ironic that someone like him,who's spent half his life,claiming he's been discriminated against,is so insensitive & out of touch.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:23 am

Arreola is still pissed

Arreola may be a fat slob, but I always enjoy his interviews. He keeps it real. I love his comments about Haye-Chisora
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Don King's been way too successful for me to consider him an idiot. He's a racist though. He's been in such a high position of power and influence that he hasn't had to change with the times. I don't think it was malicious, but he's still stuck in an older way of thinking. Pretty sad. He's old enough to have gone through the civil rights movement and it's sad to see guys like that who end up powerful and clueless.

I'm sure Arrerola will take all of his frustration out on the supersize menu.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:20 pm

They always say you shouldn't meet your idols because they'll just disappoint you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down