The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board?

+3
dmar5143
powerpuncher
captainanddew
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board? Empty Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board?

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 pm

from boxingscene:

By Kevin Francis, courtesy of The Daily Star

DERECK CHISORA is facing a lifetime boxing ban after brawling with David Haye in a post-fight press conference.

The British heavyweights clashed after Chisora had lost on points to WBC champion Vitali Klitschko on Saturday night.

Chisora was later arrested by German police but Haye slipped out of Munich yesterday morning.

The British Boxing Board of Control have launched an investigation and are considering the ultimate punishment for Chisora by revoking his licence to fight.

Board supremo Robert Smith said: “It was just crazy and unacceptable. It was a shameful night for British boxing.

“I’m embarrassed and disappointed and they should be ashamed of themselves.

They have let themselves and boxing down.”

Haye can also expect to be punished, even though he is currently retired.

He wants to return to the ring to fight Vitali, but will face a battle to convince boxing chiefs that he deserves a new licence after this night of shame. Chisora threatened to shoot Haye after the pair threw punches and traded insults in scenes televised worldwide.

It was the culmination of a week of mayhem for Chisora.

He slapped Klitschko at the weigh-in and spat water into the face of Vitali’s world champion brother Wladimir before the fight.

Promoter Frank Maloney said: “He should be banned for life. He has tarnished years of good work by professionals in a sport that has its knockers.

“This has given those ­knockers more ammunition. We used to have people who challenged for world titles, but handled themselves with dignity and class.

“Chisora was a disgrace and Haye was as bad. He was there for a TV company at that press conference yet he tried to steal the limelight by his shouting.”

Chisora was arrested by police after checking in for his flight home but was released without charge. Police did not find Haye after he left on an early flight to London after altering his plans.

Trouble flared at the post-fight press conference. TV pundit Haye taunted Vitali about their proposed bout later this year, with Chisora angry at his fellow Londoner stealing the spotlight.

Chisora mocked Haye for his poor display against Wladimir before storming towards Haye. The two men grappled around the room, with onlookers and entourages getting involved.

Chisora claimed he had been “glassed”, while Haye traded punches with Chisora’s trainer Don Charles and caught his own trainer Adam Booth on the head with a camera tripod.

Chisora then publicly threatened to shoot Haye before police arrived to calm the situation.

My personal favorite part is what I guessed after watching the video a couple of times, that being Haye may have been the one to cut his own good friend and trainer, Adam Booth. Great job Hayemaker!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board? Empty Re: Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board?

Post  powerpuncher Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:01 am

a permanent ban from boxing? wow. i guess it wouldnt really affect the boxing world much anyways. haha.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board? Empty Re: Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board?

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 am

i agree totaly with the coucils statement.its about time someone called it like it is and understands the damage this can do to the sport of boxing.wlad made a statement also reflecting similar thoughts.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:37 am

A lifetime ban is a complete overreaction, they need to come down off their high horses and dish out some hefty fines.

The board are shooting from the hip, they should maybe focus and sorting out British ref who stop fights as soon as fighter winces.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:07 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i agree totaly with the coucils statement.its about time someone called it like it is and understands the damage this can do to the sport of boxing.wlad made a statement also reflecting similar thoughts.

So Ali and Frazier should have lost their licences when they did this, according to you and Wlady

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:i agree totaly with the coucils statement.its about time someone called it like it is and understands the damage this can do to the sport of boxing.wlad made a statement also reflecting similar thoughts.

So Ali and Frazier should have lost their licences when they did this, according to you and Wlady

..not realy.theres a big differnce in hitting folks with a bottle or a tri pad or threatining to shot someone or burn them in public. and to spit in another guys face ringside fight night that did nothing to provoke you or slap someone .3 or more incidents in less then a day and a half. plus insited a riot where other guys from the other camps were punching at each other.but of course you dont know the differnce so again ..marble at one time called you a jerkoff..that i think was a compliment compared to what you realy are.
the boxing authorities of england are saying thats a strong possibilty.i agree with them.you dont.so if you want to continue to make excuses and support that stuff fine but take your 43 IQ elsewhere in portland where they appreciate your replusive personality..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 pm

by the way frank warren whos chisoras manager and perhaps his promoter called his actions poor not in boxings best interest.media writters all over that coverboxing plus media in britian are disgusted with stuff like that and said so.and from what i read from other forums a good majority of fans also disprove.you make assinine statements like murders were done after the johnson -jeffries fight.yes but not based on the fighters behavior..riots and deaths resulted unfortunetly after soccer games a innocent spectator was beaton almost to death because he wore a baseball cap of the giants..none of thoses actions was a result of gross misconduct of the sports folks.these actions the other night was a result of the fighters..to keep defending or condoning that type of carival stuff tells me i gave you a compliment like marble saying your IQ is 43..i may of overestimated ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:01 pm

dmar5143 wrote:not realy.theres a big differnce in hitting folks with a bottle or a tri pad or threatining to shot someone or burn them in public. and to spit in another guys face ringside fight night that did nothing to provoke you or slap someone .3 or more incidents in less then a day and a half. plus insited a riot where other guys from the other camps were punching at each other.but of course you dont know the differnce so again ..marble at one time called you a jerkoff..that i think was a compliment compared to what you realy are.
the boxing authorities of england are saying thats a strong possibilty.i agree with them.you dont.so if you want to continue to make excuses and support that stuff fine but take your 43 IQ elsewhere in portland where they appreciate your replusive personality..

He never called me that. And who gives a fuck if he did. And you have little room to be talking IQ when you can't even put a proper sentence together.

BTW, for being all about class, you are the one starting the childish personal attacks.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:14 pm

i cant type unfortunetly but i can speak with ellegance.the attacks are valid if you wish to call them an attack.lets see you have had run inns with marble myself slick hardcore and others.whats that tell you.it should tell you to shut up.make your point with sound reasoning which you rarely do let the other guy make his then move on.but you continue in your little sly way of never moving on as usual.this time ill join you.im not going to move on.balls in your court to make a choice.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:56 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i cant type unfortunetly but i can speak with ellegance.the attacks are valid if you wish to call them an attack.lets see you have had run inns with marble myself slick hardcore and others.

Please. Slick has run ins with everybody. How he is, and me and Hardcore just have harmless rants. No harm, no foul.

And as much as you like to think, I don't just pull shit out of my ass. I back shit up most of the times with sources. I'm far from a know it all, but I'm good at finding answers and reasearch. Why I've been in investigations for my working career.

Sure, I can sit here and just start posting and plagiarizing boring old school stats like Marlb. That really seems to impress guys like you.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm

i just read that thomas hauser and other writers are fed up with activities like what happened sat night.a few called for a lenthy suspension .i guess they agree with my thoughts since all said this tarnishes the sport further and boxing is in no position to get publicity like that.
haye and chisoras apology and both saying they did boxing harm hopefully is ment from the heart and not as a prevent defense against suspension or in hayes case huge problems in a getting back a liscense in his home area.
i always enjoyed marbles post.he knows at a rare few times i disagreed with his thoughts and gave reasons why.impress is the wrong choice of words.respect his knowledge is a better one since hes well read on the topic of boxing and collects many fight films.
i am impressed though by a powerpuncher who at 23 years old has taken the time to learn about all boxers from all eras.that may not be important to many but to me it holds merit big time.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i just read that thomas hauser and other writers are fed up with activities like what happened sat night.a few called for a lenthy suspension .i guess they agree with my thoughts since all said this tarnishes the sport further and boxing is in no position to get publicity like that.

We talking the same Hauser that idolizes Ali and has written like 50 books and a billion articles on Ali? That Hauser?

Because Ali was just all about class.

Boxing writers talk out of both sides of their asses. They bitch about boring fights and no hype and excitment for the build up for a fight. Then they cry murder when shit likes this happens.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm

my post also said and other writers.there are ways to hype a fight that are acceptable and ways like last night which are not.the general media also joined the outcry against this.it crossed the line big time and theres a major reaction against it including the british boxing authorites...there were a lot of alis antics i didnt like a bit.
by the way i saw bradleys pic you posted i dont know how to do that but woody 1969 or whatever his number is posted a link on espn boxing home page in the twitter section showing bradley with his shirt off and yes he looks huge.
not all boxing writers grant.im not familar with every one but guys like dan parker or red smith for example years ago were excellent.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Media goes overdramatic about everything. Right now, they are all going ape about Lin and all the "racism" over him being Asian. Couple of ESPN guys just got fired over this shit.

The Haye-Chisora tussle now got 3 million views. That's more views than any fighter on regular HBO gotten in years. If they fought right now in the UK, it'd sell out a soccer stadium.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 pm

i lost interest in basketball about 10 years ago.what did they say that got them fired.haye-chisora will sell out a good size venue in england if they have a licence after this and if they could do a fight in 3-4 months.hbo ill bet will pick that up for a 5 pm showing if not showtime will..the media at times do overexagerate stuff but in this case nope.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i lost interest in basketball about 10 years ago.what did they say that got them fired.haye-chisora will sell out a good size venue in england if they have a licence after this and if they could do a fight in 3-4 months.hbo ill bet will pick that up for a 5 pm showing if not showtime will..the media at times do overexagerate stuff but in this case nope.

Got fired for running the headline "“Chink in The Armor"
Chisora and Haye- trouble with British boxing board? Chink-10

chink in the armor: Refers to weak spots in real armor such as gaps where different armor parts met.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:08 pm

thats to bad.the guy was using the word in a proper way without realizing it was a slur to the asian.if the player was white or black and he described the guys weak part of the game as a chink in the armour nothing would of been said or even thought about.thats a case of overeacting where it could of been explained fully after cooler heads prevailed.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

oh i see the words written as a topic on the video.i thought he just said it verbaly.in this case it should be viewd as a poor case of trying to inject a perhaps off color sence of humor.suspend him for 2 weeks if thats the case..sometimes i feel folks get too oversensitive about stuff and should have the abilty to laugh at yourself.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 am

Only 'do-gooders' would want David Haye & Dereck Chisora banned for brawl, says Frank Maloney

FRANK Maloney swears David Haye and Dereck Chisora wouldn’t have caused a ripple of outrage if they’d brawled on a football pitch.

Boxing boss Maloney insists “lefties” and “do-gooders” who want the fight game banned have been stirring it up in the aftermath of last Saturday’s scrap in Munich.

Howls of protest followed and the British Boxing Board are likely to slap a ban on Chisora.

But Maloney – a Millwall supporter and self-confessed former bovver boy – last night said: “I look around at the football world and see problems with racism and violence being brushed under the carpet while boxing is targeted for criticism.

“Sir Alex Ferguson admitted there could have been a riot when Liverpool’s Luis Suarez refused to shake Patrice Evra’s hand after his eight-match ban for racially abusing the Manchester United player.

“And everyone knows the trouble – and violence – that can surround the Old Firm derby in Glasgow.

“But no one would suggest football, or certain footballers, should be banned, would they?

“Only the do-gooders and left-wing types want boxing banned over what happened in Germany.”

But the London-based fight boss – who steered Lennox Lewis to the world heavyweight crown and stood for the right-wing UK Independence Party at the 2010 General Election – inevitably was asked for his reaction to the Haye and Chisora brawl in Germany.

Maloney said: “I’m an old school kind of guy when it comes to the promotion of boxing. I don’t believe there’s any such thing as bad publicity.

“Chisora and Haye have been on the front pages, the back pages and even the middle pages because of their fall-out.

“People on the flight up to Glasgow from London who only had a vague idea about boxing wanted to talk to me about what happened in Germany.

“I’m not going to be hypocritical and deny what took place was horrible. Haye, as a former champion, should have known better than to brawl at a press conference and those who handle Chisora should have known better than to let a man with his fiery personality get off his seat at the top table and confront Haye as he heckled him.”

http://tinyurl.com/72o82a7
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Haye never heckled Chisora he was trying to hype up a fight with Vitali.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 pm

That line of "reasoning" from Maloney is a joke. "Let's ee, UK soccer hooligans who are known the world over as scum can get away with this bullshit; so it should be fine for boxers, right?". Jesus.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Haye Reportedly Heads to Las Vegas as The Hunt Plays On

German detectives must sit and wait for up to a fortnight as their pursuit of David Haye is held up by red tape following Saturday's brawl in Munich.

Haye yesterday flew off to "warmer climates" in good spirits despite the fact he could face up to five years in a German prison if found guilty of "dangerous assault" during the chaotic clash with Dereck Chisora, who could in theory be jailed for two years himself.

However, both sentences would be extreme scenarios and any action is more likely to be in the form of strong financial penalties.

Munich Police have revealed it could take up to two weeks to get hold of Haye as they look to speak to him in connection with the incident.

He had been keeping a low profile but arrived at Heathrow Airport yesterday afternoon before boarding a flight - reportedly to Las Vegas - and writing on Twitter: "Managed to shake off them bird watchers (photographers) on M25! Jetting off to warmer climates. Its PARTY TIME!"

Haye then posted a picture of himself in a first-class aeroplane seat.

A Munich Police spokesman confirmed this week they would enlist the help of British colleagues at Scotland Yard to track down Haye but it is believed such a bureaucratic process could take up to a fortnight.

http://tinyurl.com/6t32spv
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

If Haye was there working for BoxNation covering the fight, shouldn't the BBCB go after them too? Aren't they, to an extent, responsible for the behavior of the people that work for them? If Larry Merchant took a swing at Mayweather after the Ortiz fight I'm pretty sure the NSAC would have come down hard on Merchant and HBO.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Dereck Chisora Loses Boxing Licence, Warren May Appeal

British heavyweight contender Dereck Chisora has had his licence withdrawn by the British Boxing Board of Control following his behavior in Munich last month, according to his promoter Frank Warren.

The Londoner was involved in a number of controversial incidents before and after his WBC heavyweight title challenge against Vitali Klitschko, slapping his opponent at the weigh-in, spitting water at Klitschko's brother Wladimir and brawling with British rival David Haye at the post-fight press conference.

Chisora was called for a hearing before the BBBoC in Cardiff on Wednesday and Warren revealed he has had his licence taken away indefinitely.

"His licence got withdrawn and what will happen now is we'll consider whether to appeal the decision," Warren said.

http://tinyurl.com/7x3b2de

Stupid. Fuck the board, just go fight in Texas
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm

the board is correct in this action.fight in texas where your fan base is 12.this will cost him finacialy and ill bet deep down he wished i didnt do that..if hes not thinking that its time for the guys with the white coats.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next