The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board.

3 posters

Go down

Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board. Empty Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board.

Post  Frank Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 am

I think this board makes the “Quality > Quantity” argument better than any I’ve ever been on. Here’s my explanation.

For years, I’ve cringed while listening to boxing journalists that fail to know the sport and boxing networks that have poor match - making skills and lack the necessities to even hire professional boxing analysts. I congratulate those members here who have taken on the ignoramuses who call themselves experts (Dan Rafael for example) and the lazy producers of certain boxing shows (Ross Greenburg and HBO) who either have no brains or drive in putting together matches that would benefit the sport. (Most likely, they’re just front men for the mob. My guess.)

That said, I have a suggestion. When you challenge these people, always ask them a question they’re unlikely know. This will show them to be the irresponsible and incompetent people they are. For example, Dan R. knows very little about the history of boxing, nor has good judgment on how to score a fight. I’d be shocked if Greenburg and the rest of these types have any knowledge of boxing history.

Sure, we have a good time on here studying and observing the sport, however we’re also learning invaluable history lessons on the sweet science. Lessons that these people could care less about. (Note: Never ask Max Kellerman a question on boxing history. He’ll destroy you. Lousy announcer. Gifted Boxing Historian.) You can easily trap and embarrass them with your knowledge of the sport and those who challenge these people should also “out” their ignorance when they casually brush off your "trap question" which should be hidden within the confines of another question. For example. Ask Don Rafael if he thinks the Berto fight was a controversial decision and ask him how it compares to other questionable decisions in boxing, for example, the “Tunney – Dempsey” long count. (That's not the most sensible comparison but I think you get the point.) I’m sure you guys will pick the right questions.

Once again, let me say that I’m proud of you fucking guys. Go get em and tear em a new asshole for me. My two cents. (Hell, if I have a minute or two, I may join you. LOL).

Frank

Back to top Go down

Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board. Empty Re: Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board.

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:16 am

Great post Franky.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board. Empty Re: Boxing Board vs. Bullshit: A Tribute to our Warriors on the board.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 am

good job frank.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:09 pm

i have learned a lot from this board. i dont always post but i do read. i wouldnt know half of the stuff i know about past or present boxing if it werent for this board.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down