The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner

5 posters

Go down

Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner Empty Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm

According to WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, an agreement was made that promises the 21-year-old superstar the winner of the upcoming junior middleweight fight between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto, who are scheduled to clash on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The Puerto Rican superstar's WBA title will be at stake.

To finalize the Mosley deal, Canelo states that he reached an agreement with Golden Boy to fight the Mayweather-Cotto winner. Canelo expects the winner to be Mayweather, but doesn't see the fight happening until 2013. 

"The condition to fight in a preliminary [position to] Mayweather - is that I would face whoever wins. If Mayweather wins, [the fight] won't happen until next year because he only fights once per year and he has to go to jail for three months, so it wouldn't happen until 2013," Canelo said.

"I placed that condition in and I have every intention to follow through on this. I initially didn't want appear as a co-star. I preferred to fight on another day and another place. I was told that Mayweather also wants to fight with me and that I would be next, so we agreed to [be the co-feature]."

http://tinyurl.com/7g2qgxp
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner Empty Re: Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 am

Still want Floyd-Pac but really like this possibility. Even though he is pretty much boxing scene's favorite fighter, I think Austin Trout is one of the best 154 lb fighters and severely underrated. He needs to fight someone worthwhile.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner Empty Re: Canelo will fight Mayweather-Cotto winner

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Hmm I don't believe that Floyd would sign anything like this, IMO this is just Golden Boy blowing smoke up Canelo's diva ass.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hmm I don't believe that Floyd would sign anything like this, IMO this is just Golden Boy blowing smoke up Canelo's diva ass.

I don't think so. Who else is Mayweather going to fight after Cotto that got a fanbase?

Forget the Pac fight. It's never going to happen thanks to The BobFather
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hmm I don't believe that Floyd would sign anything like this, IMO this is just Golden Boy blowing smoke up Canelo's diva ass.

I don't think so. Who else is Mayweather going to fight after Cotto that got a fanbase?

Forget the Pac fight. It's never going to happen thanks to The BobFather

I just have a hard time seeing Floyd march to someone else drum beat. I hope I am wrong and they do fight in Nov.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:53 pm

It's one of those rare times when we're in total agreement, Ali. Mayweather would never come anywhere near Sal Alvarez.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Frank wrote:
It's one of those rare times when we're in total agreement, Ali. Mayweather would never come anywhere near Sal Alvarez.

Why not? A slow plodding young fighter who is easy to hit? We've seen that Canelo doesn't have one punch power against anyone with a pulse and that he gets hit way too much. Floyd kills canelo, total shut out.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Why not? A slow plodding young fighter who is easy to hit? We've seen that Canelo doesn't have one punch power against anyone with a pulse and that he gets hit way too much. Floyd kills canelo, total shut out.

Agreed
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 pm

this would of happened if Cotto wasnt available
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Frank wrote:

Why not? A slow plodding young fighter who is easy to hit? We've seen that Canelo doesn't have one punch power against anyone with a pulse and that he gets hit way too much. Floyd kills canelo, total shut out.
Slow? Yes. However, Sal has a punchers chance and real one at that. He's worlds below MW in ability, but the size difference gives him a chance. Anyway, no use arguing about this. MW doesn't keep his word as far as future opponents are concerned. I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about his career or his future.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Oscar stating the obvious as usual. Says Mayweather-Canelo is in the works

http://tinyurl.com/c723yna
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Oscar stating the obvious as usual. Says Mayweather-Canelo is in the works

Oscar also denied those pictures for years.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Oscar stating the obvious as usual. Says Mayweather-Canelo is in the works

Or Oscar's big announcement that would "change boxing."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Or Oscar's big announcement that would "change boxing."

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down