The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

+4
Gumby
captainanddew
Soonermark890
gomez1012
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday Empty Re: Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am

What else should he do Floyd turned down 50/50 and now he has to go another direction.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday Empty Re: Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am

BS. Wonder what weight restriction they put on Cotto?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 am

Soonermark890 wrote:What else should he do Floyd turned down 50/50 and now he has to go another direction.

I don't disagree that he had to go another direction if Floyd did refuse 50/50.

Fighting a rematch with a guy that was in the fight for 3-4 rounds and then got destroyed is a waste of time. If Pac was still a regular HBO fighter it would make more sense, but they are expecting us to pay 60 dollars for a PPV we have already seen.

If they do it at 154 pounds, Cotto may be able to be in the fight for longer, but I doubt they even allow him that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 am

captainanddew wrote:BS. Wonder what weight restriction they put on Cotto?

147 i assume, Cotto would be an idiot to do anything less
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:What else should he do Floyd turned down 50/50 and now he has to go another direction.

Fighting a rematch with a guy that was in the fight for 3-4 rounds and then got destroyed is a waste of time. If Pac was still a regular HBO fighter it would make more sense, but they are expecting us to pay 60 dollars for a PPV we have already seen.

If they do it at 154 pounds, Cotto may be able to be in the fight for longer, but I doubt they even allow him that.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The fight will be no different
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am

captainanddew wrote:

its at least a fun fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am

captainanddew wrote:BS. Wonder what weight restriction they put on Cotto?
I don't think the weight will be an issue. Cotto's hasn't looked comfortable at 154 anyways so if the fights at 150-152, I don't think it should be an issue.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 am

154 should be the weight.period.it means up to 154 pounds so if cotto feels 152 is his best weight then good.look why blame floyd when he said in that phone call to manny 50-50 is out since manny said he would take less then that.why is this a one way blame.manny changed his mind.i firmly believe if that is the onjly issue blocking the fight then a 51-49 split should do it.
again in november it may be bradley.either that or bradleys going to be highly pissed for being made a pawn ..if paulie m wins his welter belt fight i would not be suprized that arum says ok to paulie. the 4 names was a disguise for marquez was out peterson was tossed in to make it 4 and bradley was used.like in the godfather it was cotto all along.
if the fight is made at 147 thats a joke.anything short of up to 154 pounds tells me my favorite fighter of today is a punk.
as much as i dislike floyd he made manny look like a punk and calling him that was correct.he made arum look like a asshole bigger then the one arragant asshole arum, is.
its floyd vs alvarez i think.nothing else makes sence for may 5.heres hoping alvarez pulls it out and cotto kos the punk.that will put a stop to the talk of this fiction-fantasy fight.ill watch the floyd fight.the cotto fight.forgetaboutit.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 pm

I have argued for a while that Cotto is smallish for 154. But I'm tired of the damn catchweights. Just make it 154.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 pm

This is a crazy fight for Pac. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. There are other fighters around that make much more interesting match ups. This sport is starting to lose my respect.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Please this fight was decided upon before that phone call.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Yeah for about three rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

come on Ali, get rid of that shitty Willard Romney pic.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Frank wrote:This is a crazy fight for Pac. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. There are other fighters around that make much more interesting match ups. This sport is starting to lose my respect.

+1

The people at the top of it are fucking it up - Arum, Haymon, Top Rank, GBP, tv networks supporting this shit....smh
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

come on Ali, get rid of that shitty Willard Romney pic.

Sorry Captain, I want Romney to win the nomination.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

What about Palin? I like her look. You're not American are you? If not, you should definitely be pro Palin.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:31 pm

You are so ridiculously pro Pacquiao it's sickening. Of course Floyd is going to ask for more than 50/50 in his opening offer, it's Pacquiao and his team's job to counter offer not immediately go make another unnecessary fight and schedule it a month later. The reaction to Floyd's offer is evident that Pacquiao and his team do not currently want the fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:39 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

You are so ridiculously pro Pacquiao it's sickening. Of course Floyd is going to ask for more than 50/50 in his opening offer, it's Pacquiao and his team's job to counter offer not immediately go make another unnecessary fight and schedule it a month later. The reaction to Floyd's offer is evident that Pacquiao and his team do not currently want the fight.
Just because I don't jump to conclusions really fucking quick like a lot of people here doesn't mean I'm a pactard. Have you seen me make one post that would suggest it? I have said several times that I think they made a deal to fight in November and all this shit is just hype. I don't know why anyone believes a fucking thing any of these guys say with the huge amount of lies both sides have told over the years.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Please this fight was decided upon before that phone call.
probably. I still think they already agreed to November.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Gumby wrote:

What about Palin? I like her look. You're not American are you? If not, you should definitely be pro Palin.

She's not running unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

The sad thing is no network exec is going to have the balls to kick up a stink about this pointless rematch, Bob Arum really is a prick.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Just because I don't jump to conclusions really fucking quick like a lot of people here doesn't mean I'm a pactard. Have you seen me make one post that would suggest it? I have said several times that I think they made a deal to fight in November and all this shit is just hype. I don't know why anyone believes a fucking thing any of these guys say with the huge amount of lies both sides have told over the years.

Yes, you constantly hate on Mayweather. Most of the time you even admit it. When Floyd called Pacquiao out on Twitter you were nowhere to be found in those threads but when Floyd "turned down" the supposed 50/50 you popped up again. Most of your posts suggest that Pacquiao and Roach do no wrong.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I told you guys neither of them want the fight right now. I really think that they made a deal for november.

This is jumping to conclusions.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I genuinely do think Floyd wants the fight right now, he's just not willing to share half of the cake because he's a greedy, egotistical, deluded imbecile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next