The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will JCC jr fight Martinez next?

+8
powerpuncher
hillsicc303
NJBeatdown86
dmar5143
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
Diego408
Soonermark890
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will JCC jr fight Martinez next? Empty Will JCC jr fight Martinez next?

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 am

After the fight he said he wants the fight next! Will he do it?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Will JCC jr fight Martinez next? Empty Re: Will JCC jr fight Martinez next?

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 am

No, because he broke out the same excuse he always hides behind---- "it's up to my promoter".

Chavez Jr and Arum have a good cop/bad cop routine worked out. Chavez claims he wants the toughest fights, but says he will comply with whom ever Arum picks. Arum then shields Chavez by taking the blame for yet another handpicked opponent.

Chavez saves face and looks like a hero to his fans "I want Martinez next. I want to prove I'm the best in the world. I'll fight who ever my promoter lines up."

It's a farce.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

No and to be honest I don't see why there should be any rush for the fight, Martinez has plenty of contenders to defend against while Jr keeps on learning the ropes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No and to be honest I don't see why there should be any rush for the fight, Martinez has plenty of contenders to defend against while Jr keeps on learning the ropes.
I agree. Jr is not ready and is not even the top challenger in the division!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:No and to be honest I don't see why there should be any rush for the fight, Martinez has plenty of contenders to defend against while Jr keeps on learning the ropes.
I completely disagree. If this is the case, Chavez should be stripped. Don't comply to TR boxings management. Chavez is a so called "champion" so this guy has to fight his mandatory (Martinez), no matter how unready he is.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Diego408 wrote:
I completely disagree. If this is the case, Chavez should be stripped. Don't comply to TR boxings management. Chavez is a so called "champion" so this guy has to fight his mandatory (Martinez), no matter how unready he is.
Hell yes he should be stripped. But we all know he is not the real champ. That's why he really doesn't need to fight sergio yet. I think he gives Sergio a tougher fight than what people think but he's not ready.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Hell yes he should be stripped. But we all know he is not the real champ. That's why he really doesn't need to fight sergio yet. I think he gives Sergio a tougher fight than what people think but he's not ready.
I'll agree with you on that. I don't think Martinez will blow him out how we all figured at first. I believe the fight will be a war. However Chavez doesn't hit hard enough or doesn't have the speed to beat Martinez. Martinez will Beat Chavez similar to how he did with Pavlik. With constant moving, but the thing is Martinez won't respect Chavez because he can't punch for shit.

Last edited by Diego408 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
I'll agree with you on that. I don't think Martinez will blow him out how we all figured at first. I believe the fight will be a war. However Chavez doesn't hit hard enough or doesn't have the speed to beat Martinez. Martinez schools Beats Chavez similar to how he did with Pavlik. The constant moving, but the thing is Martinez won't respect Chavez because he can't punch for shit.
What I think will give Sergio problems is the bodywork. But yes Sergio is just too damn athletic all around for him. This really is one of the best fights to be made in the future.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Stop with the "he's not ready" shit! When will he be ready? When he's 35?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Chavez vs Margarito: The WBC Plans To Reject The Fight

The World Boxing Council will issue a decision in the coming weeks on a proposed fight between WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs) and former welterweight beltholder Antonio Margarito (38-8, 27KOs). Prior to last Saturday's fight between Chavez and Marco Antonio Rubio, the WBC ordered the winner to face mandatory challenger Sergio Martinez - without the possibility of a voluntary defense.

The WBC refuses to issue an order at the moment - because Martinez is scheduled to face Matthew Macklin on March 17th. If Macklin scores an upset win, then Martinez loses his mandatory shot.

"The WBC ordered Julio to make his next defense against Argentine fighter 'Maravilla' Martinez, but we can not say anything for now because Martinez hasn't fought yet, and he needs to win in order to be confirmed as the opponent for Chavez," the WBC said in a statement.

And even if the Macklin scores the upset, Margarito has other hurdles to overcome. The World Boxing Council will order Margarito to undergo a thorough eye examination before three ophthalmologists who are recognized and appointed by the WBC's medical committee.

Margarito suffered a serious right eye injury during his November 2010 decision loss to Manny Pacquiao. Following the loss, Margarito underwent a very delicate eye operation. During last December's rematch with Miguel Cotto, Margarito's surgically repaired eye began to swell very early in the fight. By the tenth round, the right eye was swollen shut and the ringside doctor stopped the fight.

Some of the WBC's board members are hoping Margarito will retire to spend time with his family.

"Antonio has a very nice family. He has already accomplished a great career in the ring and he should think about their future and that of his own. There is no point in further exposing his health."

http://tinyurl.com/6tp745x
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Was Davey Moore "ready" for Duran? I'm tired of saying this...if he wears a belt and is called Champion, there is no more learning process!!!!! That is what the coming up system is for. He should have fought these bums before any title shot. He no longer has the right to refuse his challengers.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Stop with the "he's not ready" shit! When will he be ready? When he's 35?

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Honsetly some of you guys sound more like chavez' promoter than fans. 8 years as a pro and he's still not ready?

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Was Davey Moore "ready" for Duran? I'm tired of saying this...if he wears a belt and is called Champion, there is no more learning process!!!!! That is what the coming up system is for. He should have fought these bums before any title shot. He no longer has the right to refuse his challengers.
...i agree.lets see here if martinez losses hes no longer a mandatory but we will substitute a guy which some of the wbc folks says should retire .he got his ass beat bad 3 out of his last 4 fights and the other one a tune up against a slug he looked awfull.great qualifications to sanction that as a title fight.i dont know whats more bogus.the wbc or its 5 championship belts per division.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Stop with the "he's not ready" shit! When will he be ready? When he's 35?
he's only 25 and he never had any amateur experience. You said that Seth is not ready for the kilts! And he is 29! The kid is still developing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Canvas wrote:

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Honsetly some of you guys sound more like chavez' promoter than fans. 8 years as a pro and he's still not ready?
I really don't think he is ready. Honestly he still looks like a developing fighter to me.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

I really don't think he is ready. Honestly he still looks like a developing fighter to me.
Then would you agree to strip him? Your the one who thinks he's a developing fighter. Developing fighter arent* usually champions for a reason.

Last edited by Diego408 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm

He's a permanent "developing fighter". It will never happen unless Arum realizes he can't squeeze any more $$$ out of him and also can't make the Canelo fight.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I really don't think he is ready. Honestly he still looks like a developing fighter to me.

Then he has no business fighting on HBO. HBO needs to put their foot down and reject a match-up against Margs.

Best Fights/No Rights
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Then would you agree to strip him? Your the one who thinks he's a developing fighter. Developing fighter are usually champions for a reason.
yes if he doesn't fight Sergio strip him. But if I'm his manager I give up the belt and fight another top 5-7 type guy. Then move up to a top 5 guy. Then on to Sergio. No need to rush him in there with that caliber of opponent when he really hasn't tested the top 5 yet.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I really don't think he is ready. Honestly he still looks like a developing fighter to me.

Then he has no business fighting on HBO. HBO needs to put their foot down and reject a match-up against Margs.

Best Fights/No Rights
yeah that fight is bullshit. Jcc needs to step up to at least a top 10 guy in his next fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm

This is funny shit. People been saying "he's not ready," and "no need to rush him," for over five years now.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:This is funny shit. People been saying "he's not ready," and "no need to rush him," for over five years now.

so I guess he was ready at age 20 to fight Sergio after 25 fights and no amateur experience?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:This is funny shit. People been saying "he's not ready," and "no need to rush him," for over five years now.

so I guess he was ready at age 20 to fight Sergio after 25 fights and no amateur experience?

He's hasn't gotten any better nor will he get any better. He is what he is. A over protected B-level fighter.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He's hasn't gotten any better nor will he get any better. He is what he is. A over protected B-level fighter.

he has improved a lot since he was 20 years old.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:he has improved a lot since he was 20 years old.

Not realy. His defense sucks and so does his boxing skills. In fact, he has no boxing skills. He benifits from out weighing his opponents by 20 plus pounds and throwing a lot of punches.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next