The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chavez jr vs rubio

+8
dmar5143
Shaun
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Diego408
Tobe
Rum Capital
powerpuncher
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

chavez jr vs rubio - Page 2 Empty Re: chavez jr vs rubio

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Lampley: " Another brilliantly chosen opponent for a top rank fighter".

Steward: "They're the best in the business at choosing opponents".
i agree. they choose brilliantly who they think that their fighters can beat.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 am

i have it 6-5 for rubio which means that chavez has the fight locked with the judges.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am

powerpuncher wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Lampley: " Another brilliantly chosen opponent for a top rank fighter".

Steward: "They're the best in the business at choosing opponents".
i agree. they choose brilliantly who they think that their fighters can beat.

Why Bob is in the business for 50 years. This was a tough opponent for Jr. This is a good fight and a good professional opponent that has a great opportunity to win.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:22 am

i had it 6-6 at the end. i could see it go either way IMO but the judges will obviously give it to chavez which is the problem.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:23 am

powerpuncher wrote:i had it 6-6 at the end. i could see it go either way IMO but the judges will obviously give it to chavez which is the problem.

I had it 7-5 Chavez.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 am

Lampley's glasses?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 am

shameless cheerleading of chavez by the HBO crew. What a bunch of corporate whores. Listening to them you'd think Rubio wasn't even competing. Lederman's scorecard was pretty one sided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:21 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Lampley's glasses?

Lampley was trying to appeal to the David Haye, Paullie Malinaggi, Aqueer Khan fanbase

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 am

Canvas wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Lampley's glasses?

Lampley was trying to appeal to the David Haye, Paullie Malinaggi, Aqueer Khan fanbase

I wear glasses Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 am

I felt that all three scorecards were way off on the Donaire fight, including the ones that Donaire won.

The best scorecard was the 115-113 for Chavez.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am

donaire dominated.i agreeded with 117-110.chavez won also.rubio i never felt was a hard puncher but yes a slight upgrade for chavez..jr is for sure one of the best 10-12 middles in the world.he can beat half of the top 12.the other half i dont think so.the division is the weakest of all time.
chavez has shone he has a excellent hook to the body.his combo hand speed seemed to improve as well as his overall game.
donaire gave a satifactory performance.i think he was slightly off his game but still very effective..i dont like the squating-clowning around.that can cost him.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am

Anyone else notice that HBO showed a ring card girl last night?
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm

Norm1023 wrote:Anyone else notice that HBO showed a ring card girl last night?

Yeah. They also showed a quick shot of the commentating crew at ringside. They must be trying some new things this year.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:01 pm

I don't like the boxing ring card girl outfits. They're always some terrible bikini. Need something more modern and realistic.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Shaun wrote:

I don't like the boxing ring card girl outfits. They're always some terrible bikini. Need something more modern and realistic.
she was busted and needed something sexier like a nice thong. i never understand why they have so many busted looking ring card girls in major bouts.
anyone here other than of course hardcore watch the telemundo fights? they have a WHOLE segment on the ring card girls and introduce them and sometimes even make them take a 360 turn to show off their assets. And those girls are 90% of time fine looking women.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Shaun wrote:

she was busted and needed something sexier like a nice thong. i never understand why they have so many busted looking ring card girls in major bouts.
anyone here other than of course hardcore watch the telemundo fights? they have a WHOLE segment on the ring card girls and introduce them and sometimes even make them take a 360 turn to show off their assets. And those girls are 90% of time fine looking women.

It's not the women that bother me, it's their horrendous outfits. It's like they came straight out of the Cindy Crawford era. The UFC ring girls outfits are modern, realistic...

chavez jr vs rubio - Page 2 Arianny_celeste_round
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 pm

I'll give Bum Jr credit in that he is not a bum. He's a protected B-level fighter.

I'm still going to call him Bum Jr though until he man's up and fights Martinez.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'll give Bum Jr credit in that he is not a bum. He's a protected B-level fighter.

I'm still going to call him Bum Jr though until he man's up and fights Martinez.
...i can buy that.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 pm

What will Prevent Chavez from ever being elite is his punching power. He simply doesn't have any
Power, especially considering he fights at cruiserweight on fight night. However Roach had improved him a lot. Had he fought Rubio without ever going with Roach. He would have lost. Roach and Chavez sr have helped him become a decent fighter.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Diego408 wrote:What will Prevent Chavez from ever being elite is his punching power. He simply doesn't have any
Power, especially considering he fights at cruiserweight on fight night. However Roach had improved him a lot. Had he fought Rubio without ever going with Roach. He would have lost. Roach and Chavez sr have helped him become a decent fighter.

Not just punching power. He has no defense. He's got a good chin from what we've seen so far. Then again, he's a Light HW fighting at middleweight.

He's going to have to move up. And he will get dealt by any top ranked Super Middles.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Diego408 wrote:What will Prevent Chavez from ever being elite is his punching power. He simply doesn't have any

Not just punching power. He has no defense. He's got a good chin from what we've seen so far. Then again, he's a Light HW fighting at middleweight.

He's going to have to move up. And he will get dealt by any top ranked Super Middles.

Yup as soon as he fights guys his size, he will struggle a lot. I think Miranda would even give him a fight at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 pm

chavez is an alright fighter. we still have to remember that rubio has never been that good of a fighter. i wouldnt even consider rubio a top 10 middleweight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:16 pm

powerpuncher wrote:chavez is an alright fighter. we still have to remember that rubio has never been that good of a fighter. i wouldnt even consider rubio a top 10 middleweight.
I dont think the ring didnt even have him ranked at middleweight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 am

Didn't most of you guys think Rubio had a great chance in this one?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:Didn't most of you guys think Rubio had a great chance in this one?
i know that some people said that but i never said it. i thought that rubio had a decent chance to win but i knew that he wasnt that great. his name got back into boxing because he beat lemuiex who was supposed to be a top prospect. that was probably his best win too. he hasnt beaten a single good fighter his whole career so its not like i was assuming that he would just win.

i did score the fight a draw but i had no problem with chavez winning. it was close and there was no robbery. zbik is the only decent fighter that chavez has faced and many people thought he lost that fight. his other best wins are against manfredo and duddy who were never good in the first place. so really, my main problem is that for calling himself the champion, he has faced terrible competition and does not deserve to be in the top 5 of the weight class until he beats at least one more top 10 guy which zbik is the only one he has fought.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next