The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez vs Rubio?

+4
Gumby
captainanddew
GrantZilla
gomez1012
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Martinez vs Rubio? Empty Martinez vs Rubio?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:35 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rubios-nerve-wracking-plan-81304

Martinez vs Rubio? 20110411spencer009

Up next for Rubio will be the winner of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sebastian Zbik and a possible all Mexican match-up if Chavez prevails. “We came to the eliminator and we came to win. We weren’t looking forward and we anticipate a big fight. We’re ready and prepared to fight anybody, that’s what we came for, and that’s my goal, to fight the best in the world. I think I’ve proven myself tonight against David. He’s a young fighter with a big future and he’s one of the best fighters right now in the middleweight division. Right now I’m prepared for Sergio Martinez, Chavez Junior, anybody, I’m ready to fight the best, and I will be champion. I think I demonstrated myself and proved myself and I will be champion.”

Martinez announced on his FB his next fight would be in September, if they cant get Pirog/Sturm or another big name would you be ok with Martinez vs Rubio for an HBO fight?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Martinez vs Rubio? Empty Re: Martinez vs Rubio?

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

No. He should figh Rubio in June and offer it to Showtime or hell EPIX.

If he isn't going to fight until September, then it better not be Rubio
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

http://www.elcomercial.com.ar/index.php?option=com_telam&view=deauno&idnota=44764&Itemid=116

MARTINEZ ANUNCIA QUE PELEARA EN SEPTIEMBRE EN ESTADOS UNIDOS

Sergio “Maravilla” Martínez, campeón Emérito de los medianos del CMB, confirmó hoy en Las Vegas que combatirá el 24 de septiembre en un escenario estadounidense ante un rival a designar y espera su “gran pelea”, y su objetivo sigue siendo “ser el mejor peso por peso

Im guessing he wants Flod as he has this pic on FB
Martinez vs Rubio? 190255_191040564267965_111003868938302_436075_1457525_n

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Not really. Rubio can beat the Chavez vs Zbik winner. If Rubio were to step up then he loses to Martinez, Sturm, (in general the class of the weak MW division).

I don't think it is a horrible fight as rubio has been ring ranked previously (and may be again), but I'm not enamored with it.

Rubio does alot of covering up on defense (not that much head movement). Martinez would change the angle and tracetory of his punches to do damage. He'd break him down.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Ugh no thanks, not unless Rubio goes on to beat the Chavez Jr vs Zbik winner.

Both Rubio and Manfredo are horrible choices for opponents.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm ok with Martinez fighting anyone in his division whose ranked and willing to take the lesser share. He wants to be active and to be a champion. Let him do that.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Gumby wrote:I'm ok with Martinez fighting anyone in his division whose ranked and willing to take the lesser share. He wants to be active and to be a champion. Let him do that.

He's not really that willing to be a dominate champ, his camp continues to look down on Pirog. And Martinez has this ridiculous fantasy about facing Mayweather.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Don't think not fighting in six months is being active.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:I'm ok with Martinez fighting anyone in his division whose ranked and willing to take the lesser share. He wants to be active and to be a champion. Let him do that.

He's not really that willing to be a dominate champ, his camp continues to look down on Pirog. And Martinez has this ridiculous fantasy about facing Mayweather.
wtf who is kahn fighting on saturday again?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Rum Capital wrote:

And with reports that Bradley bout could be in danger because Sky aint backing him no more Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

And with reports that Bradley bout could be in danger because Sky aint backing him no more Mad
martinez has fougth williams twice, pavlik and sergei all good solid champs in his last 4 fights and i think he fought cintron also prior to that. the guy is due for a soft fight.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

..i agree..geez complaints again by our forum matchmakers.boxing can use more sergios for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:55 pm

fighting Mayweather is a fantasy because Mayweather isn't interested in real challenges. Why is it that some guys take challenges and he doesn't? He wouldn't dare fight someone with a chance at beating him. He fought Oscar at 150 or 151, why not take a mega fight against Martinez at 154?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:fighting Mayweather is a fantasy because Mayweather isn't interested in real challenges. Why is it that some guys take challenges and he doesn't? He wouldn't dare fight someone with a chance at beating him. He fought Oscar at 150 or 151, why not take a mega fight against Martinez at 154?

Because Martinez isn't a draw like Oscar is and is a much better fighter right now.

As for Martinez, I agree his team has screwed him over, but I believe him when he says he wants to be a fighting champion.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Are they just gonna dodge Pirog?

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Groundhog wrote:Are they just gonna dodge Pirog?

Only way that fight happens if HBO wants it and overpays for it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:38 pm

middleweight really sucks right now. this is the same Rubio that got beaten down by Kelly Pavlik in a comeback fight for Pavlik after being schooled against Hopkins. Rubio was picked as a confidence booster and now we are talking about him as a potential challenger to become the undisputed of the division. Pavlik really fucked it, he could have been a really dominant Middleweight champ. it could have been him that KTFO of Williams, and i think he definitely would have, but he was too busy on a date with Jack for 2 years

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 pm

DiBella has fucked Marinez's career. I think having an elite fighter for the first time gone to his head

He's now put Martinez at the mercy of stupid HBO who've tried to fuck him over from the get go.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Pavlik fought Rubio before Hopkins. Rubio was his manditory
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Pavlik fought Rubio before Hopkins. Rubio was his manditory

nope, you're wrong!!! Rubio was Pavlik's comeback fight after Hopkins. Arum did some Top Rank internet PPV card for it if i recall correctly...... go on, tell me i'm wrong...

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:50 pm

dbudge wrote:middleweight really sucks right now. this is the same Rubio that got beaten down by Kelly Pavlik in a comeback fight for Pavlik after being schooled against Hopkins. Rubio was picked as a confidence booster and now we are talking about him as a potential challenger to become the undisputed of the division. Pavlik really fucked it, he could have been a really dominant Middleweight champ. it could have been him that KTFO of Williams, and i think he definitely would have, but he was too busy on a date with Jack for 2 years
GENNADY GOLOVKIN FTW
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Felix Sturm is the best middlweight right now, his record is unquestionable................. Shocked

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 pm

dbudge wrote:Felix Sturm is the best middlweight right now, his record is unquestionable................. Shocked
no he is not...GENNADY GOLOVKIN!!!!!!!
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
dbudge wrote:Felix Sturm is the best middlweight right now, his record is unquestionable................. Shocked

Golovkin is Borat's cousin..... on a serious note though, Sturm vs Golovkin is a fight that could easily be made from a logistical standpoint. it would be interesting to see how Golovkin would cope with somebody that can actually box, and i can't see that Golovkin is a worse choice of opponent than Ronald Hearns!!! might actually be an interesting match-up.... but as it stands Golovkin is extremely unproven so far

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 pm

dbudge wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

Golovkin is Borat's cousin..... on a serious note though, Sturm vs Golovkin is a fight that could easily be made from a logistical standpoint. it would be interesting to see how Golovkin would cope with somebody that can actually box, and i can't see that Golovkin is a worse choice of opponent than Ronald Hearns!!! might actually be an interesting match-up.... but as it stands Golovkin is extremely unproven so far
i know it was amateurs but dirrell and bute both got dominated by golovkin. especially bute who was out to sleep.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next