The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward

4 posters

Go down

Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward Empty Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/inthering/view/220482/Kessler-clash-is-next-if-Carl-Froch-beats-Andre-Ward/

CARL FROCH has been given £5million reasons to beat Andre Ward next month.

That’s the carrot the winner has been offered to fight Mikkel Kessler.

WBC super-middleweight champion Froch faces American Ward – the WBA title-holder – in a world title unification clash on December 17 that is also the final of the Super Six Series, two years after the competition was launched.

Kessler, 32, was forced to pull out of the Super Six tournament due to an eye injury following his thrilling and controversial points win over Nottingham’s Froch last year.

Froch, 34, has since regained his world title and faces unbeaten Ward in Atlantic City in a showdown to decide the world’s No.1 12-stone fighter.

Victory over Ward would bring Froch some moneyspinning options – with Kessler likely to be the most lucrative for him.

Kessler’s promoter Kalle Sauerland claims he will make a big offer to the winner of Froch-Ward to face the Dane in Copenhagen – and hopes it will be the Brit.

He said: “I will be supporting Carl as the European boxer and having momentarily buried my hatchet with him.

“I believe that Kessler-Froch part one was a classic and that a second or even a third part would be justified.

“It would generate a massive amount of money and interest and would be a great advertisement for boxing.

“We would love that fight at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen and we will make the biggest offer ever to a
super-middleweight boxer to make that fight.”

Kessler, who has fought just once since beating Froch in April 2010, had to pull out of challenging WBO champion Robert Stieglitz, of Germany, last weekend due to a broken finger but would be fit to fight again in April.

But Kessler, who was stopped on an 11th round cut by Ward two years ago, faces competition to face the winner of Froch-Ward from Canadian Lucian Bute who holds the IBF version of the world title.

Froch fancies the chance of holding three versions of the world title and admits a Bute showdown is also appealing.

He said: “After this I want Bute because it’s the other world title.

“To fight Kessler means something too, especially as I don’t believe he beat me.

“To put that right would be appealing but I would want the fight in England.

“It would be nice to get a fight back at Nottingham too. My promoter Eddie Hearn is hoping that something could
happen there in April.”
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward Empty Re: Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Funny how they don't want Ward
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward Empty Re: Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Funny how they don't want Ward

the better action fight is the rematch between the two

And i doubt Ward travels overseas for it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Froch won't take the fight if it's in East Europe again. Only if it's in the UK.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Froch won't take the fight if it's in East Europe again. Only if it's in the UK.

Denmark is northern Europe...

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 pm

dbudge wrote:Denmark is northern Europe...

I forgot that fight was in Denmark. I thought was in Germany. But no way Froch fights in Denmark again after he still thinks he got robbed.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

I forgot that fight was in Denmark. I thought was in Germany. But no way Froch fights in Denmark again after he still thinks he got robbed.

that works out as $7.5million.... thats a lot of reasons to go back to denmark

and Germany is central Europe cyclops

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

dbudge wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I know that, but people also put Germany in the East Europe catigory.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I know that, but people also put Germany in the East Europe catigory.

like some people put Manhattan in the California category???

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 pm

dbudge wrote:like some people put Manhattan in the California category???

Considering New York doesn't boarder California like Germany does East Europe, not a very good comparison.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

lol Funny Shit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I think his injury was legitimate, but Kessler's been off the shelf for a while. He needs to make himself relevant again and step back in line.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Kessler - Froch II? $5 million offer for Froch if he beats Ward 31279610
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Hahah nice Grant.

Super Six winner needs to face Bute next but I'd love to see a Froch vs. Kessler rematch anytime next year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down