The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next!

+3
Frank
dmar5143
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next! Empty Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next!

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is set to have a meeting with his promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, and adviser Michael Koncz, in the next few days in the Philippines. Arum will present a list with four potential opponents for Pacquiao's next fight, including Miguel Cotto, Lamont Peterson, Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez.

Pacquiao told reporter Eddie Alinea of philboxing.com that he plans to request a mega-fight with WBC champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. and he also plans to direct Arum to give Mayweather a higher preference above the four listed opponents.

Mayeather is scheduled to fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

“I‘ve said this over and over before and I’m saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jr. to be my next opponent and I haven’t changed my choice despite recent developments,” Pacquiao told the site.

“I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum on Tuesday and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference than the four others in the list I will fight next. It’s not really fair for some quarters to blame me if, in the long run, the fight wouldn’t push through.

“When Arum sits in the negotiation table, he will be laying on the table all the conditions we want, which , everybody knew already are simple. That I will abide by his demand for drug testing. I am even agreeable to get lesser purse just so the fight would push through. In other words, as far as my side is concerned, there will be no problem.”

“We know, too, that Mayweather has no promoter. He negotiates by himself. So if the fight won’t be realized, it’s no longer because of me."

http://tinyurl.com/7c8jgmg
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next! Empty Re: Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next!

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm

wow.i read before that manny said he will take lesser money then floyd even though he dont have to imho..lets see if arum does what pac asks..money drug testing.the big issues are out of the way if floyd dont get extra greedy.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next! Empty Re: Pacquiao Ready: I Will Tell Arum I Want Mayweather Next!

Post  Frank Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Dmar, it looks like Arum will be forced to do what Manny wants in order to keep his job.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Frank wrote:Dmar, it looks like Arum will be forced to do what Manny wants in order to keep his job.

For sure. Pac taking less means instead of 45 million, it'll be 44.5 million. Way too much fucking money for this fight not to happen. I still can't believe it hasn't.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 pm

this was blogged an hour ago.arum needs to hussle fast if theres a last minute chance for a pac-floyd fight....Welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather 42-0, 26 knockouts, is close to an agreement to fight lightweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 5. A source with knowledge of the negotiation informed me that both parties are in the last stages of securing a deal that could be announced as early as this week.
A clash with Mayweather will be undoubtedly the biggest fight of Guerrero’s career. For months, the Gilroy, California native has told the boxing world that he will be the one to defeat the undefeated pound for pound king.
Guerrero says he knows Mayweather like the back of his hand, and that a fight between Floyd and Guerrero, a multilingual Mexican-American, will sell on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas.
Mayweather’s advisor Leonard Ellerbe said their camp will announce Mayweather’s opponent this week and the signs are pointing towards Guerrero (28-1, 18 knockouts) getting the shot he desires.
Fight fans expected May 5 to be the day Mayweather and Pacquiao finally fight. But both parties have apparently failed to come to terms once again. As it stands now, Pacquiao is expected to fight in late May or early June leaving Mayweather without a dance partner for May 5.
The anticipated May 5th date was nearly derailed when a Las Vegas judge sentenced “Money May” to begin a 90 day jail term on January 6. On Friday, the judge postponed the ruling until June 1st allowing Mayweather to go through with the bout he announced nearly two months ago.
Next >

Email Alerts
Name:
Email:

Who we Follow
Sweet TweetsSteveFarhood Beware: Snooki (yes, THAT Snooki) is now a boxing promoter. She has a card in Atlantic City on Jan. 28. Presser in NYC this Thursday.
21 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
AmyGreenPR @SteveFarhood way to go @snooki !!
16 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
danrafaelespn Feb. 18 on @SHOsports it'll be @PaulThePunisher-Ishida and @TavorisCloud-Campillo. Details: tinyurl.com/726f5je
13 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
danrafaelespn For those asking, Floyd-Guerrero is NOT official at all. Could it happen? Sure. Is it made? No. #boxing
9 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
OmarHenry #BarackObama #BarackObama #BarackObama #BarackObama
5 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
tqbr Get ready for Floyd making jokes about Guerrero's wife's cancer. thesweetscience.com/news/articles/…
4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite