The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum wants no part of Mayweather now

+6
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
Gumby
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
BoxingGenius
10 posters

Go down

Arum wants no part of Mayweather now Empty Arum wants no part of Mayweather now

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:10 pm

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7235880/floyd-mayweather-jr-aide-says-manny-pacquiao-camp-even-talk-fight

I've thought for quite some time now that arum was what is holding up this fight. Now i know for sure. After the marquez fight, even he knows packy has no chance against floyd. As much as i hate to say it, the pac fight is looking easier and easier for floyd. Pac has benefited by having most of the top ranked fighters being of a style that he looks great against. A decent counterpuncher is clearly his worst nightmare. Floyd pitches a shutout against him, probably gets the TKO late with roach throwing in the towel. Call ellerbe a liar or gay or whatever, but espn doesnt generally post stories unless they have some merit.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Arum wants no part of Mayweather now Empty Re: Arum wants no part of Mayweather now

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm

There will be a fourth Pac Marquez fight. Until Pac beats this guy convincingly Bob won't put him in with Floyd. Pac had to win really big on Saturday, he didn't. The Pac Mayweather fight should have been at Jerryland in 2010. Unfortunately Pac not being stellar on Saturday has Bob nervous and I'm sure we won't hear Roach calling Floyd out anytime soon either. This fight has humbled the Pac camp.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Arum wants no part of Mayweather now Empty Re: Arum wants no part of Mayweather now

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Im calling BULLSHIT. Does anyone remember Rodger Mayweather saying right after the Ortiz fight that they will not fight Pac? Yeah now all the sudden its Arum holding it up. You cant believe anything that any of these guys say. There was an email? Produce it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 pm

I think a huge issue that's been under reported is how much Floyd and Arum truly dislike each other. Each guy wants to take a pound of flesh in negotiations. The fear factor is wildly over reported. I doubt Floyd is scared of Pac or Pac is scared of Floyd (although I think Pac might be afraid of testing...probably for superstitious reasons, but still...).

For Arum, this (JMM) is a disputed fight that sells itself and can generate more money. Plus he probably thinks that Pac can look better in a rematch. Between that and having to deal with Mayweather in negotiations I'm sure it's a no brainer for him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Im calling BULLSHIT. Does anyone remember Rodger Mayweather saying right after the Ortiz fight that they will not fight Pac? Yeah now all the sudden its Arum holding it up. You cant believe anything that any of these guys say. There was an email? Produce it.

You still think Pac wants to fight Floyd? He said on Kimmel that he'd fight him winner takes all. Where has freddie been with all his shit talk about Mayweather? Truth is that Pac is at a huge disadvantage in this fight and anyone who saw the fight on Saturday should know that. Where is the Pac camp saying "WE WANT FLOYD?" Floyd's camp has drawn first blood, until Pac's camp retaliates with a "Yeah we want that fight", they don't want the fight. Pac Marquez IV in May.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:24 am

"Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth".

-Bob Arum
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 am

Bob Arum just doesnt want his cash cow to lose. Marquez will never beat Pacquaio officially because hes not in the level of star power and judges give him all the close rounds. Mayweather is on equal terms of stardom and no way would Pacquaio get a decision he wouldnt deserve against Floyd. Arum knows Pacquiao doesnt stand a chance, so hes not willing to entertain a fight between them anymore after this fight. Pacquaio will not beat any great Counter puncher. I know many people on this site for years have been saying Floyd would easily beat Pacquaio and now this is what everyone know believes after Saturday night.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:12 am

It's pretty damn clear to me. Arum was already talking Pac-Marquez 4 immediately after the fight. He wants no part of Floyd. He wants to keep everything in house.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:25 am

SlickMoney wrote:It's pretty damn clear to me. Arum was already talking Pac-Marquez 4 immediately after the fight. He wants no part of Floyd. He wants to keep everything in house.

Pretty much. Arum knows especially after this Saturday that if Pac fights Floyd, it'll be the end of Pac.

It won't even be a competitive fight. It could be as humiliating for Pac as it was for Gatti against Mayweather.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 am

Roger Mayweather: “It would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz"

Can't have it both ways

How soon we forget!

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/9/19/2435709/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-roger-mayweather-quotes-next-fight-victor-ortiz
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 am

this is puzzling no doubt.first the hate factor-floyd-arum arum -shaffer etcetc is a foolish roadblock.floyd and company picking out may 5 as a date i view as possitive but of course arum has to say thats not how you negotiate and other sites need to be considered..nonsence.both fighters have fought in vegas a ton of times and the gate and site fees will match or exceed dallas statium.
arum upfront saw a very marketable rematch for the forth fight and said he will try to deliver that fight.his gross exaggeration of course was that fight will break all records.no way but it will do exceptionaly well.give it 3 weeks or so and if marquez says no it puts arum and pac in a bad PR outlook.
floyd has better options i feel.berto not ortiz if berto wins and kahn for example.
question.what if pac steamrolled marquez the other night as most of us expected.where does that put arum regauarding a floyd fight.what does pac say after the fight.ill leave it up to my promoter.if my promoter says floyd ok.bullshit.
as a big pac fan im tired of him saying i want to put the best show on for the fans.thats floyd and no one else.gone are the days a fighter actualy has strong imput on whos next.fans want by a 10-1 margin the floyd fight and that may be conservative.
arum could of said look i feel marquez deserves a rematch first in may.if he says yes iots a fight.if he says yes we willfight floyd in november no problem and lets pencil in a date at mgm grand .if he says no we will fighhty floyd on masy 5..ill make marquez a strong offer and give him 30 days to say yes or no.either way its floyd or marqwuez in may.thats the right thing to do.of course arum is arum.dr jenkle mr hyde.
floyd is not afraid of pac and pac is not afraid of floyd.period.so lets cut that bullshit out before it starts.concerned yes.floyd i believe is now far less concerned.
a email from a mediator means nothing.arum said on tv live its marquez next and that says enough.it says thats the fight im going to consintrate on..folks can interpet that anyway they want.
arum stated several times the test thing is no longer a issue.he stated manny in the philapines will be tested by this oirginazation in the usa floyds olypic thing.floyd and company had to say ok to that if thats not a issue.the site should not be a issue.0may 5 should not be a issue.the money or 50-50 can be worked out since floyds folks want the fight.
one good thing is the fight has shut freddie up..roach says he has to do a better job in preparing manny for a counterpuncher...the worlds so called best trainer didnt realize that after two fights with marquez that is a must..
this time its arum fucking up the applecart.if manny was handled by duva there would be a fight.by dibella there will be a fight.even by ugh gary shaw there will be a fight.
so give marquez 30 days to say yes or its floyd may5.if he says yes then agree on a date and mgm grand for november..stop the crap.
its too sensible to do the right thing.
they will take there feud public piss off the public disgust the boxing community.its time for pac to say i want floyd next in may. make it happen without all the theatrics.anything short of that is bullshit.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 am

and guys who cares what roger freddie et all said in the past.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:42 am

jz_hova wrote:Roger Mayweather: “It would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz"

Can't have it both ways

How soon we forget!

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/9/19/2435709/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-roger-mayweather-quotes-next-fight-victor-ortiz
Yep there is a lot of double talk right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am

Bob would be a fool to pass up on all that money, best cash in now before Manny's political obligations and wear and tear catch up with him.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 am

Oscar De La Hoya: Bob Arum's afraid

LOS ANGELES -- Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has said he believes the megafight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather will never happen because Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao.

After Pacquiao's controversial majority decision over Juan Manuel Marquez last Saturday, Golden Boy Promotions founder Oscar De La Hoya said the only one afraid of making the fight happen is Arum.

"He's the one who's stopping it from happening," De La Hoya said. "Bob Arum doesn't want to see the fight happen."

So what will it take to finally make the most anticipated boxing fight a reality?

"For Bob Arum to say, 'OK, we want the fight,'" De La Hoya said. "Our side, meaning Golden Boy and Floyd Mayweather, he wants the fight, we want the fight. Mayweather has his date for the fifth of May next year. He wants the biggest fight out there. He wants Pacquiao, there's no doubt about that. It would be very unfortunate if this fight could not be made because of Bob Arum."

Mayweather announced earlier this month he planned a May 5 fight at the MGM Grand and, according to his advisor Leonard Ellerbe, wanted to "make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella (Pacquiao)."

"The fans are the ones who speak in a big way," De La Hoya said. "They've been asking for this fight for a very long time. Look, Manny Pacquiao is the champion of the people and the people are asking for this fight so let's make it happen. There's no doubt in my mind Manny Pacquiao wants the fight and Floyd Mayweather wants the fight. I guess we all know now who doesn't want the fight. I just ask for the sake of the sport, for the sake of boxing, let's make this fight happen."

De La Hoya spoke at an event at Staples Center leading up to Sunday's MLS Cup where the Los Angeles Galaxy will face the Houston Dynamo. De La Hoya is a part owner of the Dynamo along with Philip Anschutz and Gabriel Brener. The Los Angeles native, however, said he would not pursue purchasing the Los Angeles Dodgers, which was a possibility he had hinted at in the past.

"We've talked about it but I'm actually going to focus on MLS and obviously boxing," De La Hoya said. "I love soccer and I love boxing and I obviously love baseball but we're focusing now on MLS and boxing."

http://tinyurl.com/6prbun6
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Bob would be a fool to pass up on all that money, best cash in now before Manny's political obligations and wear and tear catch up with him.
...there are reasons that this fight may not be made but this isnt one of them..a forth marquez fight will do money wise better then the third fight..extremly well but arum keeps all the promotional money.lets say the floyd fight does double the money..arum has to split promotional money with golden boy thus making the issue money wise as a reason mute.
spite hatred stuborness etc etc is the main reason not money.dont underestimate thoses reasons and feelings.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down