The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lara-Martirosyan?

+8
hillsicc303
Diego408
captainanddew
SlickMoney
gomez1012
powerpuncher
dmar5143
GrantZilla
12 posters

Go down

Lara-Martirosyan? Empty Lara-Martirosyan?

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:06 am

The purse bid for the WBC-mandated eliminator between junior middleweight contenders Vanes Martirosyan and southpaw Erislandy Lara has been moved to Friday, July 13, at the request of Golden Boy Promotions, which promotes Lara, the organization's Secretary General, Mauricio Sulaiman, informed RingTV.com on Monday.

The winner of the bout between Lara (17-1-1, 11 knockouts) and Martirosyan (32-0, 20 KOs), who is handled by Top Rank, would become the mandatory challenger to face beltholder Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29 KOs).

http://tinyurl.com/6vdqzfk
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Lara-Martirosyan? Empty Re: Lara-Martirosyan?

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

they could of eliminated the box off and said either one is a manditory now for sept 15...
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 am

dmar5143 wrote:they could of eliminated the box off and said either one is a manditory now for sept 15...
but then canelo wouldnt get another easy payday.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 am

These guys should fight in Antarctica
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 am

It won't happen both are promoted by TR and GB.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Ali wrote:It won't happen both are promoted by TR and GB.

It wont happen because Vanes doesnt fight Top 20 guys.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

LIES VANES IS THE FUTURE !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

It wont happen because Vanes doesnt fight Top 200 guys.

fixed
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

so true.

Vanes beat Joe Greene (who was just a prospect like Vanes). June 2010.

Since then: 4 fights, 4 journeymen. 2 years and a month, 4 freaking fights. from age 24 to 26.

all Vanes has done for 2 years is talk about fights on twitter or to any boxing writer that would listen.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Like 3 years ago vanes would talk very tough on boxingscene buy I never hear of the bum anymore since he ducked Angulo and embarrassed himself to the world. We will never see Vanes in a big fight, hes always going to be a nobody. Sooner or later some bum is going to upset him by KO. He ain't fighting Lara btw
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 am

Lara has to fight a title eliminator to fight Canelo, but a blown up 140 pounder just gets the fight with Canelo right away???

Pathetic...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:28 am

hillsicc303 wrote:Lara has to fight a title eliminator to fight Canelo, but a blown up 140 pounder just gets the fight with Canelo right away???

Pathetic...
thats how it works now. the best in the division has to earn his way up to fight the protected fighter, but nobodies can be worthy to fight the protected fighter as long as they jump up 2 weight classes to do it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

Vanes: I'll Not Only Beat Lara, I'll Whoop His Ass!

While Vanes Martirosyan is still disappointed he wasn’t able to fight this past Saturday night due to his opponent Ryan Davis failing his pre-fight medical exam, he is happy about the opportunity to face Erislandy Lara in a WBC final eliminator. He’s very confident he can beat Lara and put on a performance that will show everyone who the best fighter at 154 pounds is.

“I’m not going to beat Lara, I’m going to whoop his ass. That’s what going to happen when we fight. I’m going to take him to school. People will see that and will see the true Vanes ” expressed Martirosyan.

Vanes has seen and studied some of Lara’s recent fights and isn’t particularly impressed. In fact, he pointed out weakness and flaws in Lara’s game that he plans to take advantage of.

“The thing that I see and it’s not just only from the last fight, I’ve seen him in a couple fights- I know that he doesn’t take pressure very well. And he doesn’t take body shots very well. As soon as [Freddy] Hernandez started to hold his own in there, [Lara] started kind of backing up and going to the Cuban Olympic style where you get points and try to get the victory” Martirosyan would tell The Boxing Lab.

The purse bid for the fight has been moved to July 13th according to Lem Satterfield and Vanes is hoping Top Rank comes in as the highest bidder. If Vanes had it his way, he’d love the fight to be paired with one of the biggest upcoming fights of the year.

“I hope that Top Rank wins the purse bid and puts it on the [Julio Cesar] Chavez Jr-[Sergio] Martinez fight [card]. I think that would be such a huge Pay-per-view for people to watch. Maybe co-main event – Martirosyan and Lara and then Chavez vs. Martinez. I mean what a good PPV that would be. Now that would be making history rather than Canelo fighting Josesito Lopez” said Martirosyan as he chuckled.

http://tinyurl.com/c9cageo
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

powerpuncher wrote:
hillsicc303 wrote:Lara has to fight a title eliminator to fight Canelo, but a blown up 140 pounder just gets the fight with Canelo right away???

Pathetic...
thats how it works now. the best in the division has to earn his way up to fight the protected fighter, but nobodies can be worthy to fight the protected fighter as long as they jump up 2 weight classes to do it.
It's about name recognition. Victor Ortiz is a well known fighter because he entered his pro career with a lot of hype, has had a highly visible career, has been in exciting fights, and recently fought Mayweather. People know who he is. Josecito beat him in an entertaining fight which through the transitive principle means that people now know Josecito. Lara is the nobody. All he has going is that he's the best fighter with the best resume available to face Canelo, which actually makes him less likely to get a crack at Canelo than a regular nobody.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 am

Gumby wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Pathetic...
It's about name recognition. Victor Ortiz is a well known fighter because he entered his pro career with a lot of hype, has had a highly visible career, has been in exciting fights, and recently fought Mayweather. People know who he is. Josecito beat him in an entertaining fight which through the transitive principle means that people now know Josecito. Lara is the nobody. All he has going is that he's the best fighter with the best resume available to face Canelo, which actually makes him less likely to get a crack at Canelo than a regular nobody.

I find it to be bullshit. Name recognition. Canelo is getting what 1.5 million at least to watch when he is on regular HBO. Most of that is hardcore fans (like us), and Canelo's mexican/mexican american fans. Who will watch Canelo vs Lara? hardcore fans and Canelo's mexican/mexican american fans.

The hardcore and the semi-regular boxing fans know Lara as well as they know Lopez. Canelo's Mexican/Mexican american fans are tuning in no matter what. Lopez is not going to add much to the number of viewers.

It is all about keeping the Canelo cash machine going. They have an excuse every single fight why he doesn't face a guy that fights in the same weight class that isn't shot or old.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 am

good points captain.you sumed up whos watching the fight and the name recognition perfect..yes its looking more and more at least for now that alvarez is protected.smart matchmaking that show a competitive fight on the surface..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am

they planned on PPV originally.

PW or Ortiz would add to that if it were PPV. Much more than Lara. But when it goes to regular showtime at this late date, Lopez isn't adding much over Lara. The same basic groups that were tuning in would tune in for either fight.

It already is a big Mexican/Mexican american holiday weekend. There is going to be big viewership.

I'm glad that Lopez is getting another payday (hopefully a huge one).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:The hardcore and the semi-regular boxing fans know Lara as well as they know Lopez. Canelo's Mexican/Mexican american fans are tuning in no matter what. Lopez is not going to add much to the number of viewers.

It is all about keeping the Canelo cash machine going
. They have an excuse every single fight why he doesn't face a guy that fights in the same weight class that isn't shot or old.
My bad, I thought that was implied. The purpose of the fight is for Canelo to win and for HBO to get decent viewership. Josecito brings the same if not more viewership than more dangerous opponents and will make Canelo look good.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Pathetic...

Pathetic as it is, Hillsicc, lets not forget Josesito earned the shot legitimately.

I don't like it either, a 140-lber fighting a still untested Canelo.

I mean exactly what questions will be answered here?
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:37 pm

koolkc107 wrote:

Pathetic...

Pathetic as it is, Hillsicc, lets not forget Josesito earned the shot legitimately.

Sorry Lopez didn't earn a damn thing. I'm happy he gets another payday. But beating a 147 pound fighter shouldn't earn you a shot at 154 pound fighter.

Lara or Molina earned it by fighting damn good fighters at 154.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 pm

captainanddew wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:

Pathetic...

Sorry Lopez didn't earn a damn thing. I'm happy he gets another payday. But beating a 147 pound fighter shouldn't earn you a shot at 154 pound fighter.

Yes, he earned it.

Josesito was supposed to be the stepping stone to get Ortiz to Canelo. Instead, Lopez won.

He earned with his two hands the right to the spoils that were waiting for Victor.

Sorry, but though I hate the matchup as much as anyone, I would hate the opportunity being taken away from Lopez even more.

He DID earn it.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Actually Josesito earned what could be considered an even more golden opportunity even if it was unlikely to be enforced. He won the WBC silver welterweight belt which puts him in line for the WBC welter title against Floyd. He might've been able to win the full WBC title by beating the Aydin-Ghost winner being that Floyd is indisposed right now.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:40 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:

Pathetic...

Yes, he earned it.

Josesito was supposed to be the stepping stone to get Ortiz to Canelo. Instead, Lopez won.

He earned with his two hands the right to the spoils that were waiting for Victor.

Sorry, but though I hate the matchup as much as anyone, I would hate the opportunity being taken away from Lopez even more.

He DID earn it.
The bold might be the worst case of pretzel logic I've ever seen in my life.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:00 am

Vane telling Canelo he needs to "step up"

http://tinyurl.com/6megg9e

Only in boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:57 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:

Pathetic...

Yes, he earned it.

He DID earn it.
The bold might be the worst case of pretzel logic I've ever seen in my life.....
i agree. when you have a tune up fight, it doesnt mean that the winner faces the champion. it means that if YOU win, you face the champion. if the other guy wins, its an upset and maybe raise their stock a little. lopez now has opportunity at 140 to be the man. why put him 2 weight classes above what he is just to lose?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down