The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Khan is trying to appeal his loss

+5
Frank
Shaun
powerpuncher
hillsicc303
GrantZilla
9 posters

Go down

So Khan is trying to appeal his loss Empty So Khan is trying to appeal his loss

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 pm

LONDON -- British boxer Amir Khan appealed the scoring in his split-decision loss to American Lamont Peterson in their light-welterweight title fight.

"We'll find out in the next five to seven days if the decision is overturned," Khan told Sky Sports News on Thursday. "If that's the case, I will give him a rematch to settle the score."

International Boxing Federation president Daryl Peoples confirmed to The Associated Press that Khan's camp also has appealed against referee Joseph Cooper's decision to deduct points.

"We have just asked Golden Boy Promotions for a DVD of the tape so I can review it with the Championships chairman (Lindsey Tucker)," Peoples said.

Khan claimed the scorecards were changed before the results were read out by the ring announcer.

"I got told I won the fight by someone at Golden Boy Promotions who had seen the scorecards, and (ring announcer) Michael Buffer said the same thing to me, before they were taken off him and changed," Khan said. "It's never taken so long after a fight."

The 2004 Olympic silver medalist also said he only resorted to pushing Peterson because his opponent was constantly leading with his head.

"Every time he came in with his head, the best thing was for me to push him away," Khan said. "In the rule book, there's no warning for pushing -- especially points deducted -- and I got two points deducted.

"I was treated unfairly, and I'm sure we can get a rematch and we can have a neutral referee and neutral judges."

"This has only put me back three to six months because hopefully I'll get the rematch with Peterson and beat him," Khan said. "Maybe it's happened for a reason. It's given me an extra fight, given me more experience and made me a lot wiser and I'll be a lot more mature when I fight Mayweather."

http://tinyurl.com/8y53evz
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

So Khan is trying to appeal his loss Empty Re: So Khan is trying to appeal his loss

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:34 am

Khan is standing in his own pool of tears right now. Give me a break Amir!!! I had the fight scored a draw, but I would have been fine with the result going either way, so I'm fine with a Peterson win.

But Khan has to be the biggest crybaby in sports right now. Just move one, man up, and try to get your titles back in the ring. Maybe he shouldn't have been such a track star in the ring. But even if you think Khan was robbed, it's hard to sympathize with such a crybaby...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

So Khan is trying to appeal his loss Empty Re: So Khan is trying to appeal his loss

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:03 am

hillsicc303 wrote:Khan is standing in his own pool of tears right now. Give me a break Amir!!! I had the fight scored a draw, but I would have been fine with the result going either way, so I'm fine with a Peterson win.

But Khan has to be the biggest crybaby in sports right now. Just move one, man up, and try to get your titles back in the ring. Maybe he shouldn't have been such a track star in the ring. But even if you think Khan was robbed, it's hard to sympathize with such a crybaby...
i agree. khan is such a cry baby. im tired of so many people trying to appeal a loss. there have been so many worse decisions than that. i would overturn 100 other bad decisions ive seen over the years before i overturned that one. heck, i would overturn quite a few from this year alone over that one.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 am

powerpuncher wrote:i agree. khan is such a cry baby. im tired of so many people trying to appeal a loss. there have been so many worse decisions than that. i would overturn 100 other bad decisions ive seen over the years before i overturned that one. heck, i would overturn quite a few from this year alone over that one.

For real. Khan should go talk to Chisora about what a robbery is.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:18 am

I kind of want Peterson to fight someone else now.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 am

I liked Peterson in the fight. That said, a lot of people (including me) have problems with Khan's personality. If you're a hated fighter, it's important to win convincingly. So far, it's been close to impossible to score a fight against Mayweather in the WW division. Believe me, a lot of people would like to. Khan is good, however he's not talented enough to go through boxing as a scorned fighter and have great success. Decisions will not go his way.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Well it sounds funny that GBP and even Buffer would tell him that he won the fight. I remember the scribble mark on one of the score cards which took a round khan won and gave it to Peterson. Khans not a cry baby, but it sounds like a good claim, however he will not get an overturn on the call. It's just wishful thinking on his part.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Diego408 wrote:Well it sounds funny that GBP and even Buffer would tell him that he won the fight. I remember the scribble mark on one of the score cards which took a round khan won and gave it to Peterson. Khans not a cry baby, but it sounds like a good claim, however he will not get an overturn on the call. It's just wishful thinking on his part.
...good point except that was a honest mistake.it was the round that kahn lost a point for pushing.round 7.the guy had it 10-8 kahn then realized the mistake and corrected it to 10-8 peterson.kahn wont win the appeal.just let it go and improve your infighting and other elements of your game.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

dmar5143 wrote:quote]...good point except that was a honest mistake.it was the round that kahn lost a point for pushing.round 7.the guy had it 10-8 kahn then realized the mistake and corrected it to 10-8 peterson.kahn wont win the appeal.just let it go and improve your infighting and other elements of your game.

Except if Khan was winning the round, it should have been scored 9-9 round. This is like judges automatically giving a fighter a round if he get's a knockdown, even if say the fighter that got knocked down won the round

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Dan Rafael
Been told by @kingpete26 camp that the IBF isn't ging to order an immediate rematch with
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 am

A Mere Con
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:37 am

i think khan should just realise that the only way he is going to rectify this blemish on his record is by coming back with a spectacular performance in his next contest. and he should not be waiting until May of next year to do so. he needs to be fighting around february time and he needs to force peterson into giving him a rematch through achievements in the ring and not by whining like a little bitch. ill be shocked if the IBF grant him a rematch. he needs to wake up, man up and realise he fought an awful fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 am

Laughing
flapanther2001 wrote:A Mere Con
Funny Shit

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Yup Khan is whining way too much about this, he even held a press conference to announce the appeal for christ's sake No

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:23 am

As negotiations for an anticipated rematch between Lamont Peterson and Amir Khan continued, representatives for both sides convened at the John A. Wilson Building in the District on Friday morning for a hearing to examine alleged improprieties during and after the Dec. 10 title fight at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.

D.C. Council member Vincent B. Orange (D-At Large) chaired the hearing as part of the Committee on Small and Local Business Development, which has jurisdiction over the D.C. Boxing and Wrestling Commission. The commission came under fire from Golden Boy Promotions, which handles Khan’s publicity, for what they charge were judging and officiating irregularities following the 12-round split decision that awarded the World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation junior welterweight belts to Peterson, a native of the District.

Orange said during his opening statements he organized the hearing to ensure the integrity of the nation’s capital as a viable site for major championship boxing in the wake of those claims. He also cited as further grounds for the hearing Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer’s comments indicating Golden Boy would have no alternative but to file suit against the D.C. Boxing Commission if no action was taken in addressing their grievances.

http://tinyurl.com/7pa5chx
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down