The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

+8
dmar5143
GonzaJoey
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
captainanddew
GrantZilla
hardcorebee24
Diego408
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:52 pm

You're still wrong, fighters hold a lot of responsibility to get down and again you duck my questions. So Guzman is not to blame for never making weight? It's all on his trainers right, never him?lol

And I don't question Garcia's methods as he's one of the most successful trainers in the sport. He's the reason Rios has a belt. You can hold some blame on the trainers, but usually it's on the fighter when they don't make weight. Trainers can only do so much, they're not baby sitters and hand feeding fighters. Rios needs a nutritionist if training with Garcia isn't cutting all the weight. Margarito is a warrior, he didn't want the fight stopped and I bet you he doesn't regret it. It's in Margaritos rep to go on.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Diego408 wrote:You're still wrong, fighters hold a lot of responsibility to get down and again you duck my questions. So Guzman is not to blame for never making weight? It's all on his trainers right, never him?lol

And I don't question Garcia's methods as he's one of the most successful trainers in the sport. He's the reason Rios has a belt. You can hold some blame on the trainers, but usually it's on the fighter when they don't make weight. Trainers can only do so much, they're not baby sitters and hand feeding fighters. Rios needs a nutritionist if training with Garcia isn't cutting all the weight. Margarito is a warrior, he didn't want the fight stopped and I bet you he doesn't regret it. It's in Margaritos rep to go on.

I blame Guzman in that situation because he was 10 lbs overweight. This was a half lb on the second attempt. No ducking here Diego, apples to apples remember?

So was Eddie Futch wrong in stopping Frazier from going out in the fifteenth against Ali? Garcia not stopping the Margarito fight may have led to all this distracting bullshit with the eye in a fight already surrounded by distractions.

Last edited by hardcorebee24 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:57 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:"He's been in a colder climate than he's used to and that probably hurt him trying to make weight," Carl Moretti of Top Rank, Rios' promoter, said of the Southern California fighter. "He's a big 135-pounder. He just couldn't get down. The question is what happens Saturday night and in the future? I think it's too soon to say that he's done at 135 but he could be. We'll have to talk about with him and his team, see if maybe he went about making weight the wrong way. But he looked drained, very drained.

Carl Moretti blaming the trainer and the methods as well. I'll bet it wasn't Rios' idea to train in the Mexican mountians.
It's his promoter making an excuse for him. So do you believe Arums defense of believing Margarito had no idea his trainer was putting plaster in his wraps? It's his job to protect his fighters ass. That higher altitude is suppose to help the conditioning, reason many fighters go to Big Bear where it's also cold. Are you really buying into Moretti's excuses for Rios?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:You're still wrong, fighters hold a lot of responsibility to get down and again you duck my questions. So Guzman is not to blame for never making weight? It's all on his trainers right, never him?lol

I blame Guzman in that situation because he was 10 lbs overweight. This was a half lb on the second attempt. No ducking here Diego, apples to apples remember?
it's the same fucking shit dude. And yes Guzman is to blame just like Rios is right now, just like Campbell, Corrales and Castillo got heat for being unprofessional by not
Making weight!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Diego408 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:"He's been in a colder climate than he's used to and that probably hurt him trying to make weight," Carl Moretti of Top Rank, Rios' promoter, said of the Southern California fighter. "He's a big 135-pounder. He just couldn't get down. The question is what happens Saturday night and in the future? I think it's too soon to say that he's done at 135 but he could be. We'll have to talk about with him and his team, see if maybe he went about making weight the wrong way. But he looked drained, very drained.

Carl Moretti blaming the trainer and the methods as well. I'll bet it wasn't Rios' idea to train in the Mexican mountians.
It's his promoter making an excuse for him. So do you believe Arums defense of believing Margarito had no idea his trainer was putting plaster in his wraps? It's his job to protect his fighters ass. That higher altitude is suppose to help the conditioning, reason many fighters go to Big Bear where it's also cold. Are you really buying into Moretti's excuses for Rios?

Have you ever sucked weight? Have you ever participated in a sport that required you to compete in a weight class? The guys that train at big bear do so for the lack of oxygen at higher elevation it increases the red blood cell production and helps metabolize oxygen better when they come to lower elevation, it's the reason marathon runners from Kenya are great, they train at Kilimanjaro. Most guys that suck weight or have to suck weight do so in the heat. They wear rubber suits to get rid of water weight etc. If Rios was a half pound over on the second weigh in then I question his trainer. Bottom line, we have a different philosophy on training methods and methods of trainers. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by hardcorebee24 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Diego408 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

it's the same fucking shit dude. And yes Guzman is to blame just like Rios is right now, just like Campbell, Corrales and Castillo got heat for being unprofessional by not
Making weight!

Sorry, 10 lbs and 1/2 lbs are not the same.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:13 pm

I'll leave it at you're just pointing the finger at the wrong guy. It was Rios who lost his belt and a lot of money and is the one getting criticized. Remember when Castillo missed weight against Corrales in the rematch, Chavez critizised Castillo, not the trainer. When he missed weight for the third fight, Castillo got sued, not his trainer. The person that holds most of the responsibility for not making weight is the fighter. You won't see Rios point the fighter at Garcia for his fuck because it will make him look like a clown.

BTW missing weight is missing weight, no matter how much you try to blow it off.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Can't we just blame them both? Rios for acting like a dump and Garcia for putting his attention on his bigger fight? And we can blame them both and his promotion team for keeping him at 135 when he's really a welter (even though it was a great decision).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Gumby wrote:Can't we just blame them both? Rios for acting like a dump and Garcia for putting his attention on his bigger fight? And we can blame them both and his promotion team for keeping him at 135 when he's really a welter (even though it was a great decision).
I just don't like Hardcores argument of solely blaming Garcia for not making weight. Fighters know the business of making weight, there's fighters that pretty much train themselves and don't come overweight, Valero for example.

Last edited by Diego408 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Gumby wrote:Can't we just blame them both? Rios for acting like a dump and Garcia for putting his attention on his bigger fight? And we can blame them both and his promotion team for keeping him at 135 when he's really a welter (even though it was a great decision).

That's fine.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Diego408 wrote:
I just don't like Hardcores argument of solely blaming Garcia for not making weight. Fighters know the business of making weight, there's fighters that pretty much train themselves and don't come overweight, Valero for example.
If only Rios had followed Valero's example of self-discipline, self-control, and self-restraint...
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I know in the past a fighter making weight wasn't as big of a responsibility for a trainer than I guess it is now.

Because fighter's actually fought at their correct weight class do to same day weigh ins. They weren't shedding 20-30 pounds at the start of training. Add on, fighter's fought regularly, so they didn't have months of off time to get fat.

A trainer suppose to get a fighter ready to fight. When your focus is to get a fighter to make weight over training and getting ready for a fight, it's not good. Any trainer will tell you that.

I know some old school trainers that wouldn't even accept a fight if the fighter showed up at 165 pounds for a Welterweight fight.

So weird, because when I did AM boxing, I always fought a class higher than my natural weight so I wouldn't have to kill myself and devert all my focus on making weight.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Gumby wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
If only Rios had followed Valero's example of self-discipline, self-control, and self-restraint...

don't speak ill of the previously schizophrenic, dead.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:11 pm

guys most of the faultr lies with the trainer and yes the fighter is partly to blame.as hardcore pointed out trainers eat with there fighters .they monitor everything to make sure a fighter doesnt overtrain or get stale for the fight.first rios doesnt belong at 135.the bullshit a trainer said hes a big 135.nonsence.if hes 4 foot 10 and 135 fight day then hes a big lol 135..
fighters are weighed litterly every day or two in training.if its true that rios ate nothing for 5 days and maybe 4 ounces of water a day that means 5 days ago he was a good ten pounds from making the weight.10 fucking pounds.what was he 2 weeks before the fight then.doesnt the trainer monitor that.6 or 8 weeks of traing camp and hes 10 pounds away or more 5 days before the fight.
do they not weigh him day 1 of the training camp.8 weeks to train hard eat right should take some weight off without drastic methods.if rios was well close to 165 or so 8 weeks ago its his fault.8 weeks to lose the weight is the trainers responsibilty.
bottom line the guys not a lightweight.he will have a touigh time making 140 if there were same day weigh inns...its his managements fault also and promoters for puting him in a class he dont belong.and perhaps never belonged in...
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3