The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner to Lightweight next

+6
powerpuncher
dmar5143
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
flapanther2001
Diego408
10 posters

Go down

Broner to Lightweight next Empty Broner to Lightweight next

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Dayna [via mobile]
Do you have any plans of moving up in weight any time soon?

Adrien Broner
(1:53 PM)
This is my last fight at 130, so after this I will.

Back to top Go down

Broner to Lightweight next Empty Re: Broner to Lightweight next

Post  Diego408 Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:01 pm

His run at 130 was horrible. The only ranked guy he fought was Perez who is a solid guy but nothing that special. At 135 I want to see him with Linares or Katsidis then DeMarco for the title, but I have my doubts on him still not facing anyone sold at lightweight. Broner should be fighting Salido this Saturday but broner wanted nothing to do with Siri.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Diego408 wrote:His run at 130 was horrible. The only ranked guy he fought was Perez who is a solid guy but nothing that special. At 135 I want to see him with Linares or Katsidis then DeMarco for the title, but I have my doubts on him still not facing anyone sold at lightweight. Broner should be fighting Salido this Saturday but broner wanted nothing to do with Siri.

Isn't Salido promoted by Top Rank ?

Super Featherweight is bare, Broner was Ricky Burns mandatory but he moved up claiming weight issues.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Diego408 wrote:His run at 130 was horrible. The only ranked guy he fought was Perez who is a solid guy but nothing that special. At 135 I want to see him with Linares or Katsidis then DeMarco for the title, but I have my doubts on him still not facing anyone sold at lightweight. Broner should be fighting Salido this Saturday but broner wanted nothing to do with Siri.
You gonna dig up Katsidis?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:07 pm

130 is empty for a non-Top Rank guy except Gamboa became a free agent. That fight probably wouldn't happen anyways. Winner of Mitchell-Burns would be a fun fight for Broner.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 pm

perez was a solid guy (9th ring ranked), but coked up. not exactly the performance enhancing drug people should be using.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 pm

there was guys he could have fought at 130.

Salgado is the guy that spanked Linares. He got TKO'd in the 12 vs Uchiyama.

Or
He could have fought Uchiyama.

Or
Martinez. Martinez was a trinket holder and lost in a competitive and tough fight vs Burns.

His team had no intention of facing a top 5 guy at 130. They like to run around and say there isn't competition at 130. Well, if there isn't competition at 130, then why is he facing the 9th best guy there, and other guys who aren't legitimately ranked there??? but he isn't able to face one of the top ranked guys?????

sick of all the bullshit.

There was guys to face at 130. He just chose to not face them.

I hope Escobedo continues the recent trend and puts him on his ass.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Is lightweight that good now???

Marquez-gone
Guerrero-gone
Soto-gone
Rios-gone

Demarco is top ranked guy per Ring. Why? because he beat Linares. Salgado at 130 spanked Linares.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:23 pm

captain great points..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

or in explain it to me like a 4 yr old as Denzel says in Philadelphia:

If the competition isn't strong at 130, then why in the hell haven't you been beating up on the top 5 ranked guys????
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 am

i agree that broner should be fighting better competition but im not too hard on him at the moment. he is still young and isnt like canelo or chavez jr who they are building like they are the best fighters in the world. once he gets to lightweight though, he better step up his competition level or else i will not be giving him anymore leeway.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 am

Broner is a guy that I really wanna see get brutally knocked out. The guy is so annoying and way too cocky for someone who hasn't fought anyone.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 am

kbyte wrote:Broner is a guy that I really wanna see get brutally knocked out. The guy is so annoying and way too cocky for someone who hasn't fought anyone.

I like Broner's skillset.

But if we were or are comfortable panning Canelo and JCC jr. for who they haven't fought, then Adrien deserves the same treatment.

He has to fight someone before he gets props. Now where is my brush?...
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

kbyte wrote:Broner is a guy that I really wanna see get brutally knocked out. The guy is so annoying and way too cocky for someone who hasn't fought anyone.

I'll take Broner's quirky antics over Ward's boring routine of thanking god 17 times a day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am

Ali wrote:

I'll take Broner's quirky antics over Ward's boring routine of thanking god 17 times a day.

All Broner is doing is trying to sell himself - you can't fault the guy for that. I find him annoying too; but he does have some skills and might be able to do something. Still an unproven commodity at this point.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Ali wrote:

It just comes off as really fake though. Hes just trying to be a carbon copy of Mayweather.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

kbyte wrote:
Ali wrote:

It just comes off as really fake though. Hes just trying to be a carbon copy of Mayweather.

as a one time hardcore Pretty boy fan who has hated him for 1/2 a decade, Broner doesn't hold a candle to Floyd.

Floyd got the decision vs Castillo(I thought he lost). He rematched him and won the rematch.

Broner got the decision vs Ponce De Leon (most thought he lost). He didn't dare rematch him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
he's a durable opponent, don't be surprise if Broner faces him in a year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Diego408 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
he's a durable opponent, don't be surprise if Broner faces him in a year.

Katsidis is done.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm

kbyte wrote:
Ali wrote:

+1 that's exactly what he's trying to do. That's his quickest way to try to e the next Floyd. He doesn't make this a secret.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 am

koolkc107 wrote:

I like Broner's skillset.

But if we were or are comfortable panning Canelo and JCC jr. for who they haven't fought, then Adrien deserves the same treatment.

He has to fight someone before he gets props. Now where is my brush?...
the difference is that golden boy and TR arent telling the world that broner is the best fighter in the world. broner is what he is. i think that he will be really good and i think that he is around the same level as canelo and chavez (if not maybe better). he just doesnt get the same hype.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:29 am

I'll takes Ward's thoughtfulness and quiet intensity over Broner's ignorance and outspokenness any day.

I don't think Broner is moving up to duck anyone. He's just too big for the division. I doubt he'll be at 135 for a long time either. While guys are moving out of 135, it's not like 130 has a bunch of world beaters.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Ward is a winner. There aren't that many of those guys left in the game anymore. He is a guy who is going to go in there and do what it takes to win. I see only BHop, Ward, Froch, maybe Kessler, Floyd, maybe Cotto, Bradley, and Salido fitting the winners mold right now. Pac has lost the killer instinct to me and JMM let Pac off the hook in the last fight or I would put him there too. I like looking at young guns to see if they have that mentality of going out and proving in a fight they are the better man.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:Ward is a winner. There aren't that many of those guys left in the game anymore. He is a guy who is going to go in there and do what it takes to win. I see only BHop, Ward, Froch, maybe Kessler, Floyd, maybe Cotto, Bradley, and Salido fitting the winners mold right now. Pac has lost the killer instinct to me and JMM let Pac off the hook in the last fight or I would put him there too. I like looking at young guns to see if they have that mentality of going out and proving in a fight they are the better man.
take bradley off that list. he totally ducked khan in which it will take a lot for me to forgive him for. i wouldnt have minded it as much but the fact that he called out khan so much and then ducked him and then said that khan was lucky that they werent fighting. i cant stand bradley.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down