The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

+8
dmar5143
GonzaJoey
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
captainanddew
GrantZilla
hardcorebee24
Diego408
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. Empty Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Joins the list with Castillo, Corrales and Campbell by missing weight today. Looks like he'll head to Jr. Welter now or to Welter. Hes at 136.6 pounds, only Murray can win the belt now.

Last edited by Diego408 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. Empty Re: Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Diego408 wrote:Joins the list with Castillo, Corrales and Campbell by missing weight today. Looks like he'll head to Jr. Welter now or to Welter. Hes at 136.6 pounds, only Murray can win the belt.

Robert Garcia has too much on his plate. He cant get this guy to make weight because he concentrates too much on Margarito. No excuse not to make weight. Go take a shit.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. Empty Re: Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion.

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Rios been pushing it for a while now to make Lightweight. He's been having problems making weight and he looks like shit everytime he get's on the scale. Weight drained.

So far it hasn't cost him, but he needs move up already.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:39 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Joins the list with Castillo, Corrales and Campbell by missing weight today. Looks like he'll head to Jr. Welter now or to Welter. Hes at 136.6 pounds, only Murray can win the belt.

Robert Garcia has too much on his plate. He cant get this guy to make weight because he concentrates too much on Margarito. No excuse not to make weight. Go take a shit.
When it comes to weight, its on the fighter, not the trainer. Rios however is one of the bigger guys at lightweight, it should come to no surprise that he missed weight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Diego408 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

When it comes to weight, its on the fighter, not the trainer. Rios however is one of the bigger guys at lightweight, it should come to no surprise that he missed weight.

He has been struggling for a while to make 135. He weighed 150 pounds or more in the ring in one of his fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 pm

It's absurd Rios is even a lightweight. He's 5'9 for christ sake. You know how grossly underweight you are at that height being 135 pounds.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 pm

From Fat Dan's twitter:

Rios' manager Cameron Dunkin was angry when he found out Rios hadn't eaten for 5 days literally and had 4 oz of water 2 days ago. Stupid.

If this is true this is a fucking travesty for even making the fight at 135. It is already a joke when you have these day before weigh ins around 26 hours before a fight, but it is getting ridiculous lately. Rios doing retarded stuff to try to make weight. Chavev Jr-a middleweight, weighing 180 or more in the ring.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

Rios's has been struggling with the weight for awhile now, but it's his own fault for remaining in the division or refusing to alter his diet and lifestyle.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 am

i think that rios would do fine at 140. he doesnt need to be at 135.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:54 am

All the big names are moving up to 140 anyways, he should'nt have bothered with one more fight at 135.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

Rios looks ill on the scales.

Rios has become another undisciplined Lightweight champion. Rios_Murray_weighin_111202_001a

I knew that Gamboa fight was such a silly idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:14 am

powerpuncher wrote:i think that rios would do fine at 140. he doesnt need to be at 135.

Even 140 is too small. Rios is 5'9! He's the same height as Canelo

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:31 am

GrantZilla wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i think that rios would do fine at 140. he doesnt need to be at 135.

There are plenty 5'9" Welters and Jr Welters. Khan is 5'10", Maidana is 5'9", Lamont Peterson is 5'9", Alvarado is 5'9".

Tony DeMarco is 5'10", Guerrero is 5'8", Ricky Burns is 5'10", Miguel Vazquez is 5'10"

He's not that big, he has a trainer who wasn't babysitting him like he should. He has a history of not being disciplined and it showed here. Also, like you always say he's too inactive. Not making weight is in part due to this. Missing weight by 1.5 lbs I blame on the trainer.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

There are plenty 5'9" Welters and Jr Welters. Khan is 5'10", Maidana is 5'9", Lamont Peterson is 5'9", Alvarado is 5'9".

Tony DeMarco is 5'10", Guerrero is 5'8", Ricky Burns is 5'10", Miguel Vazquez is 5'10"

He's not that big, he has a trainer who wasn't babysitting him like he should. He has a history of not being disciplined and it showed here. Also, like you always say he's too inactive. Not making weight is in part due to this. Missing weight by 1.5 lbs I blame on the trainer.

True, but a lot these guys belong at Welter or Jr Middle. Maidana had problems making weight and he'll be at Welter full time eventually. Khan moving to Welter probably next year.

The day before weigh in is really being abused. Especially with guy's putting absured amount of weight back on by fight time.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

All the guys you listed are lengthy, while Rios is solid all around, so hes a physically bigger than all of them. His fight night weight says it all.

On another note, I always get lost with fighters heights. Guerrero claims hes 5'9, but is listed at 5'8. Mosley is listed at 5'8 or 5'9 at different times, Cotto lists at 5'7 or 5'8 sometimes. Maidana was listed against Ortiz and Cayo at 5'7, but 5'9 is what Boxrec has him at.

and I disagree with blaming the trainer, thats just ridicules. Rios is to blame, its his body and hes a professional.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzaJoey Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 am

He's been hanging out with Nando Feroz too much.
GonzaJoey
GonzaJoey

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 am

Diego408 wrote: All the guys you listed are lengthy, while Rios is solid all around, so hes a physically bigger than all of them. His fight night weight says it all.

On another note, I always get lost with fighters heights. Guerrero claims hes 5'9, but is listed at 5'8. Mosley is listed at 5'8 or 5'9 at different times, Cotto lists at 5'7 or 5'8 sometimes. Maidana was listed against Ortiz and Cayo at 5'7, but 5'9 is what Boxrec has him at.

and I disagree with blaming the trainer, thats just ridicules. Rios is to blame, its his body and hes a professional.

Do you mean slender? Rios is doughy. If you knew more than just what you've learned on a message board you would know that a trainer's responsibility is not just workout plans, strategy and technique but also the condition of his fighter and their weight and monitoring that weight and what they're eating, drinking, how much they're sleeping etc throughout the fighters entire camp. So yes I blame Garcia for concentrating on a money fighter in Margarito and not his own homegrown talent, they're in the fucking Mexican mountains how much could Rios do without Garcia knowing about it? Oh wait when he went to New York with Margarito to check on his eye he left Rios to his own devices. That whole eye thing is a fucking distraction and Rios didn't make weight because Garcia was distracted.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am

Rios didn't make weight because his body won't go down to 135 anymore. That is my guess. A guy that weighs upward of 150 in the ring shouldn't be trying to weigh in as low as 135. I blame Rios, his trainer, his manager, and his promoter for allowing him to continue fighting at an unreasonable weight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:31 am

captainanddew wrote:Rios didn't make weight because his body won't go down to 135 anymore. That is my guess. A guy that weighs upward of 150 in the ring shouldn't be trying to weigh in as low as 135. I blame Rios, his trainer, his manager, and his promoter for allowing him to continue fighting at an unreasonable weight.

But it goes to 136.5??? No way it doesnt go to 135. They fucked up. They just blew this and the Gamboa fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Rios didn't make weight because his body won't go down to 135 anymore. That is my guess. A guy that weighs upward of 150 in the ring shouldn't be trying to weigh in as low as 135. I blame Rios, his trainer, his manager, and his promoter for allowing him to continue fighting at an unreasonable weight.

But it goes to 136.5??? No way it doesnt go to 135. They fucked up. They just blew this and the Gamboa fight.

when you get to the point you no longer can make weight you usually end up a pound or 2 high and your body just refuses to drop the last couple pounds. He looked like a dead man walking at the weigh in.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 am

...very true and rios has plenty of other fighters to keep him company in that regard..again same day weigh inns he may make 144 or so.140 with todays weigh inns but 135 is not his class.i hope he can win then leave the lightweight class to real lws..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 am

I can't think of another guy who tries to weigh in at 135 that has actually fought in the ring at over 150. I'm sure there is, but it is far from normal.

There is a reason that a high % of the guys fighting at 135 weigh around 143-145 or so in the ring and that many of the guys at 140 weigh around 149-151 in the ring.

Even with previous day weigh ins, guys around that size shouldn't be putting on more than 10 pounds in that 24 hours. If they are, then they are cutting too much weight.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 am

donaire2 fights ago weighed 134. thats no bantam.its a constant today not a rareity.a while back many of us were shocked that pavlik weighted 179 fight night but thats the norm for chavez jr.alvarez at 170...ortiz 161 for a welter fight.etc etc etc..its manipulation and unsafe at times perhaps.i laugh when i hear donaires moving up to 122..lol gee can he carry the power fighting bigger guys.give me a break.
half of the top 140s are moving up to welter.there welters in the first place.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 am

dmar5143 wrote:donaire2 fights ago weighed 134. thats no bantam.its a constant today not a rareity.a while back many of us were shocked that pavlik weighted 179 fight night but thats the norm for chavez jr.alvarez at 170...ortiz 161 for a welter fight.etc etc etc..its manipulation and unsafe at times perhaps.i laugh when i hear donaires moving up to 122..lol gee can he carry the power fighting bigger guys.give me a break.
half of the top 140s are moving up to welter.there welters in the first place.

Ortiz 161 for a welterweight fight. Really scary part about that is it was his first fight at 147!!! Freddie Roach said in an interview somewhere before the Berto fight that Ortiz had been very big for 140. Roach doesn't even train Ortiz!!! He like, all of us, could see that Ortiz had no business shrinking down to 140 and was hurting himself by doing so.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Rios should've been at 140 about a year ago. He'll be fine. He'll win this fight and move up. Pick apart the scraps of the Jr. Welters and maybe one day get smashed by Ortiz.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next