The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why is andre ward so underrated?

+8
EnragedSlayer
Gumby
gomez1012
freakzilla
dmar5143
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

why is andre ward so underrated? - Page 2 Empty Re: why is andre ward so underrated?

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:33 pm

EnragedSlayer wrote:I'm probably in the minority here, but I can easily see froch winning this fight. He is the bigger, longer and stronger fighter, plus he has a pretty good jab. Ward is faster and better technically. Froch in my opinion has the best resume at super middle. I see this being an extremely close fight with Froch winning a decision. Also Froch will not be afraid to retaliate if Ward starts using dirty tactics. I just disagree with some of the people who think Ward is going to dominate a guy who has never been dominated.
See Ward vs Kessler...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

why is andre ward so underrated? - Page 2 Empty Re: why is andre ward so underrated?

Post  EnragedSlayer Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
EnragedSlayer wrote:I'm probably in the minority here, but I can easily see froch winning this fight. He is the bigger, longer and stronger fighter, plus he has a pretty good jab. Ward is faster and better technically. Froch in my opinion has the best resume at super middle. I see this being an extremely close fight with Froch winning a decision. Also Froch will not be afraid to retaliate if Ward starts using dirty tactics. I just disagree with some of the people who think Ward is going to dominate a guy who has never been dominated.
See Ward vs Kessler...

Yeah, but Froch has a lot more unorthodox style. Also, I still think Wards headbutts really got to Kessler. The cuts, if I remember correctly, both came from headbutts. I know I'm a little bit of a hater when it comes to Ward, but in a neutral site will he be able to get away with some of his tactics.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:15 pm

EnragedSlayer wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
See Ward vs Kessler...

Yeah, but Froch has a lot more unorthodox style. Also, I still think Wards headbutts really got to Kessler. The cuts, if I remember correctly, both came from headbutts. I know I'm a little bit of a hater when it comes to Ward, but in a neutral site will he be able to get away with some of his tactics.
I was just making a comparison between Froch & Kessler. They are about the same size, height & reach. Ward fights well enough inside & outside to handle Froch. Plus, Ward will rough Froch up a bit. It'll be a great fight though. I'm looking forward to it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

i just dont see froch beating ward. this is my thing, who has froch beaten in this tournament? i thought that he got beat by dirrell and quite a few people agree, he lost a close fight to kessler, then he beat abe and johnson. the 2 people he beat are slow. abe was only a semi impressive win because he doesnt throw if you decide to stay on the outside. and johnson was a pretty good win but johnson did pretty well in the fight. also, when he fought taylor he had trouble with him too.

i think that froch does well against slower fighters or fighters that decide to trade with him because he has a good punch and chin. he has had problems with fighters who were fast. ward is a lot better than dirrell and taylor IMO and has a lot more tools to use.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 am

powerpuncher wrote:i just dont see froch beating ward. this is my thing, who has froch beaten in this tournament? i thought that he got beat by dirrell and quite a few people agree, he lost a close fight to kessler, then he beat abe and johnson. the 2 people he beat are slow. abe was only a semi impressive win because he doesnt throw if you decide to stay on the outside. and johnson was a pretty good win but johnson did pretty well in the fight. also, when he fought taylor he had trouble with him too.

i think that froch does well against slower fighters or fighters that decide to trade with him because he has a good punch and chin. he has had problems with fighters who were fast. ward is a lot better than dirrell and taylor IMO and has a lot more tools to use.

I think when this tournament ends and you ask Ward who his toughest opponent has been thus far, he will say Bika.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Shaun wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i just dont see froch beating ward. this is my thing, who has froch beaten in this tournament? i thought that he got beat by dirrell and quite a few people agree, he lost a close fight to kessler, then he beat abe and johnson. the 2 people he beat are slow. abe was only a semi impressive win because he doesnt throw if you decide to stay on the outside. and johnson was a pretty good win but johnson did pretty well in the fight. also, when he fought taylor he had trouble with him too.

I think when this tournament ends and you ask Ward who his toughest opponent has been thus far, he will say Bika.
i could agree with that but mainly because of styles and not because he is the best fighter. he still handled bika pretty easily though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:17 pm

froch is not going to be an easy nights work for ward. froch will make this a war and he will do whatever he can to try to win. unlike dirrell, who made froch look bad with negative tactics, ward likes to get involved and fight. froch is proven in that category of styles. froch can fight hard and lands hurtful punches. i think froch will put it all on the line against ward and make it a cracking fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm

EnragedSlayer wrote:Froch will not be afraid to retaliate if Ward starts using dirty tactics. I just disagree with some of the people who think Ward is going to dominate a guy who has never been dominated.
I wonder if Froch will be able to retaliate though. I haven't seen him fight much on the inside and don't know how he would deal with Ward's forearms, elbows and head.

I'm interested to see whose going to lead and whose going to follow. Both guys can do both and I have no idea what would be the best strategy for either. Ward hasn't fought anyone who could time and counter him like Froch could if he chooses to box. The last time Froch had to deal with someone who could move defensively was Dirrell. On the flip, there are advantages for both to try and be the offensive fighter.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:30 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Shaun wrote:

i could agree with that but mainly because of styles and not because he is the best fighter. he still handled bika pretty easily though.
Nah it will be Green
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2