The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

andre ward news

+3
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
7 posters

Go down

andre ward news Empty andre ward news

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Trainer Robert Garcia confirms contracts have been signed for Kelly Pavlik vs. Andre Ward (Steve Kim's twitter).

I don't foresee that fight being competitive.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

andre ward news Empty Re: andre ward news

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 pm

This is assuming Pavlik makes it into the ring. It's going to be a horrific beating.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Pavlik couldn't figure out BHOP's ability to be at the right distance and box. What is he going to do when he has Ward in front of him.

Why wasn't Pavlik's team trying to get him a shot at someone like Abraham (who I think has a trinket). That is a winnable fight and stylistically makes sense.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 am

captainanddew wrote:Pavlik couldn't figure out BHOP's ability to be at the right distance and box. What is he going to do when he has Ward in front of him.

Why wasn't Pavlik's team trying to get him a shot at someone like Abraham (who I think has a trinket). That is a winnable fight and stylistically makes sense.
good point. maybe pavliks team tried to get a fight like that but werent able to. on the other hand, maybe they knew that pavliks career is over so they might as well cash out.

pavlik literally has .0000001% to win this.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 am

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Pavlik couldn't figure out BHOP's ability to be at the right distance and box. What is he going to do when he has Ward in front of him.

good point. maybe pavliks team tried to get a fight like that but werent able to. on the other hand, maybe they knew that pavliks career is over so they might as well cash out.

pavlik literally has .0000001% to win this.

I agree 100%. they are trying to cash out.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:36 am

sorry guys again this cash out nonsence.pavlik and company have been looking for a big fight after his return to the ring after rehab.the bute fight didnt pan out.he wanted kessler or froch but there fighting in a different direction.chavez jr was another talked about on here as a lol cash out for both fighters but martinez fought chavez instead and all on here said that would never happen.if it did lol it would be a cashout but guess what there negotiating rematch for september.i though by the line of reasoning here chavez was cashed out.i guess not.
all 4 of thoses fights would of been bigger money for pavlik then the ward fight.so i guess he took the fight that was the least desireable for a cash out.for the 900th time theres no such thing as a cash out.almost every time theres a big risk fight its called a cashout.
again we love to play promoter but theres no consistency in thoughts.fight abraham instead a more winable fight.stay away from guys that we think can beat you.but when a fighter like donaire fights good fighters hes critisized for not doing what pavlik is doing.steping up to the plate.
kelly is still a big credible name still with a fan base and yes warrants a money fight based on that.
its called a cashout doing what we claim we want most fighters to do.fight the best.
i am 100 perecent possitive if the first liston -patterson fight was held today all of you would cry cashout.gee maybe the second liston fight was a cashout.or after that 2 fights with both ali and a young in prime quarry or a chuvalo or bonevena etc etc.how many times was patterson cashed out.none.
the fight with ward isnt going to be a mega money fight well beyound what kelly has earned in several fights before.the money he will get is what they are paying fighters with kellys fan base his reputation as a hard hitter and a top fighter and former real world champion.in fact it will be around what a bradley alexander berto get as a normal fee and none of them have pavliks package.cashout nonsence indeed.
now on here i see the cry if alvarez fights floyd its a cashout.yeah all expect him to lose and a loss isnt going to eliminate in huge numbers his fan base is it.its business and if he can get a 10 million dollar payday you take the fight.he still will be in demand even if he losses.star power and a fanbase.same with chavez who should be cashed out by the reasoning here.
yes ward will be a big favorite but pavlik can punch.all it takes is one shot timed well and kelly can shock everyone here.if he losses in a galiant effort he will be in demand for at least one more good payday.maybe two.
i give him credit for moving up in weight and going after the best.you guys call it a cash out i say thats a real fighter.ill root for pavlik like i rooted for him to overcome his addiction.the addiction that turned a likeable blue collar guy into something else.an addiction that to many is much more difficult to beat then a andre ward.
alvarez fights floyd its a cashout.chavez has already been cashed out right guys.now its kellys turn.whos next.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I have to agree with my main man Dmar. Cashing out would be a catch weight of 155 with Canelo on a Mayweather undercard that says Pavlik can't sleep for three days leading up to the fight.

You can't cash out with Ward, he isn't a major draw or Pay Per View star.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I have to agree with my main man Dmar. Cashing out would be a catch weight of 155 with Canelo on a Mayweather undercard that says Pavlik can't sleep for three days leading up to the fight.

You can't cash out with Ward, he isn't a major draw or Pay Per View star.
Maybe, but Ward is considered the best in his division. If anything it's a payday for Ward & Pavlik's last real chance at redemption.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 pm

I actually don't see Pavlik catching a bad beating. It might be a bit competitive until Ward adjusts to Pavlik style. I think Pavlik has improved a bit since moving to So Cal and training under Robert Garcia. Pavlik will keep Ward honest because the guy can still pack a punch. Ward will need to fight from the outside and use his speed so he wont get hit or keep it on the inside where Pavlik cant get full leverage on his punches. Pavlik can still land those hard right hands on Ward if given the chance and hurt Ward. I just don't see Ward stopping him. its most likely going to be a decision in favor for Ward.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down