The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward: The Champ

4 posters

Go down

Andre Ward: The Champ Empty Andre Ward: The Champ

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward: The Champ Empty Re: Andre Ward: The Champ

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

The kid is the real deal. Apparently his chin is solid because Froch caught him after the bell with a solid right & Ward just looked at him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:The kid is the real deal. Apparently his chin is solid because Froch caught him after the bell with a solid right & Ward just looked at him.

Yeah, I was impressed with Ward's chin. I think Froch's power been a bit overrated. But still, he can crack.

You could see Ward thinking, "Hey, that fool just droped my belt!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm

I just hope Ward defends the crown against the #1 contender.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I just hope Ward defends the crown against the #1 contender.

He has beaten 3 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 10. The other champs Wlad (defends once a year against solid comp), BHop(first defense ruled a no contest), Sergio (catchweight, junior middleweight, and unranked defenses), JMM (3 defenses against 2 different fighters in OVER 3 years), and Wonjongkam (3 decent defenses and a handful of showcase fights) haven't done anything stellar in their defenses. I would be fine with an Anthony Dirrell defense, then Bute. I wish Ward could fight Stieglitz and Kessler switch off to fight Bute with the winner getting Ward but it won't happen that way.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I wish Ward now that he's got the Ring belt just dump his trinkets. Because now he'll be stuck with a bunch of bullshit manditories.

We're talking about the same WBC that had Pavlik as the # 1 manditory at Super Middle.

Here is WBA Super Middle Rankings
SUPER CHAMP: Ward
"REGULAR" Champ: KAROLY BALZSAY
1. DIMITRI SARTISON KAZ
2. ANTHONY DIRRELL USA
3. STANYSLAV KASTANOV KAZ
4. ARTHUR ABRAHAM GER
5. KELLY PAVLIK USA

WBC
1. Anthony Dirrell
2. Renan St. Juste
3. Noe Gonzalez
4. Pablo Farias
5. Edwin Rodriguez

Outside Dirrell and Pavik(which is a joke he's even ranked), who the fuck are the rest of these clowns?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 pm

When Andre Ward easily outpointed Carl Froch to unify super middleweight titles last Saturday in the final of the Super Six World Boxing Classic, he did so with a left hand that was broken in two places, an MRI exam revealed Thursday.

After Ward defeated Froch, he disclosed that he had injured his left hand in one of his final sparring sessions about a week before the fight.

Then Ward said he badly hurt the hand again in the sixth round of the fight. He won in large part because he relied so heavily on his left hook, which he repeatedly landed to Froch's head.

"The X-ray came back negative. I just knew it hurt like nobody's business," Ward said. "We had to go (through) with the fight. I was extremely concerned the whole week of the fight, but I knew I couldn't pull out. It was inevitable that it would get banged up again in the fight and that is my lead hand. I felt it all through the fight, but I bit down. I continued to do what I had to do.

"Early on the adrenaline was working. But in the sixth round, when I hit him on top of the head, that is when I really hit a wall in terms of the pain. But I had no choice. We got through it."

Ward, 27, will be in a cast for two weeks and then go through rehabilitation. His next fight date is not set, but he won't return until at least next spring.

"After he looked at the MRI, the doctor said his hand was broken before the fight," promoter Dan Goossen said. "He said he could tell by the fracture that it had happened a couple of weeks ago, not in the fight. Obviously, he went into the fight thinking it wasn't fractured because the X-rays alone were not be able to detect the fracture.

http://tinyurl.com/bmvtv57
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:48 am

if ward actually beat froch with a broken hand then thats even more impressive.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down