The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now?

+8
dmar5143
dbudge
Diego408
Gumby
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
Soonermark890
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now? Empty Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 pm

I have been thinking about this. Are the top of the p4p guys past their primes? Could Khan be the p4p best right now?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now? Empty Re: Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now?

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Nope, Floyd is still the best. Donaire is also better than Khan.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now? Empty Re: Could Khan be the best fighter out there right now?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Nope, Floyd is still the best. Donaire is also better than Khan.
Is beating Ortiz really that impressive? I really wish Floyd would challenge himself and fight someone. But yes Donaire is a great argument he is very impressive.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:12 pm

no. khan has proven himself worthy of a p4p spot but he also hasnt proven himself quite elite yet either. mayweather is definitely better, marquez is better i think, pac is still better, donaire maybe better, and i think ward is better (who i feel is grossly underrated).

i think that khan will get to the top within a few years though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 am

powerpuncher wrote:no. khan has proven himself worthy of a p4p spot but he also hasnt proven himself quite elite yet either. mayweather is definitely better, marquez is better i think, pac is still better, donaire maybe better, and i think ward is better (who i feel is grossly underrated).

i think that khan will get to the top within a few years though.
The two guys that stand out is by far the most talented young guys are donaire and khan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 am

Donaire needs to step it up. So far he's got two good wins against Darchinyan and Montiel, but a gap of in-activity and fighting inferiror opponents between the two wins.

Donaire says he's going to fight four times next year. We'll see.

I like Khan's willingness to take on tough opponents. It's not his fault he's stuck fighting guys Peterson because of Bradley being a bitch and ducking him.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 am

Khan's got the potential to dethrone Floyd, each day he improves at the wild card and gains confidence, while Floyd parties with 50 Cent and attends court.

As for the P4P King, nah he'll maybe crack the top five but ultimately his chin will let him down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Khan's got the potential to dethrone Floyd, each day he improves at the wild card and gains confidence, while Floyd parties with 50 Cent and attends court.

As for the P4P King, nah he'll maybe crack the top five but ultimately his chin will let him down.
Is his chin really that bad? The guy took Maidana's shot and still won. His athletic ability will carry him into the top two very soon.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 pm

I don't think Khan's quite there yet. He survived Maidana who in my opinion is still a limited fighter. He's got all the talent and all the skill, but he hasn't quite put everything together yet. Plus he needs to go through Bradley.

-Donaire might be but he would need to fight and prove it.

-Ward and Bute are there in my opinion but I wouldn't put either until they fight (and Ward has to get through Froch which is no guarantee).

-Gamboa has looked pretty spectacular recently.

-I want to see more of Dawson because I still think he has all the talent in the world.

-The Klits are always there. Same with JMM.

-But right now it's Martinez, Floyd and Pac.

Floyd's win against Ortiz is impressive because Ortiz had just beaten Berto. Say what you will about Berto, but he was undefeated and one of the best at 147. I'm not sure any of the other top guys at 140 beat him moving up in weight. Ortiz did and Floyd controlled him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:12 am

Promoter and former two division champion Ricky Hatton is giving close friend and countryman Amir Khan, the WBA and International Boxing Federation light-welterweight champion, a very good shot at beating WBC welterweight titleholder Floyd Mayweather Jr. Hatton suffered his first professional loss to Mayweather by tenth round TKO in 2007. Hatton says the loss was an issue of 'styles make fights,' and he feels Khan has the style to give Mayweather problems.

“You really have to marvel at how much Amir has come on since he lost to Breidis Prescott three years ago. He has become a formidable boxer. Amir has that in-out style which could give [Floyd] Mayweather problems," Hatton told The Daily Telegraph. “Floyd likes fighters coming straight at him and Amir has the style to challenge Floyd. I’m not saying he would beat Floyd but I think he has a good chance. I’m a huge fan of Amir and how much hard work he has put into his career to get to the top of the sport."

http://tinyurl.com/7ogv4gu
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Khan's got the potential to dethrone Floyd, each day he improves at the wild card and gains confidence, while Floyd parties with 50 Cent and attends court.

Is his chin really that bad? The guy took Maidana's shot and still won. His athletic ability will carry him into the top two very soon.

No but as Amir keeps going up in weight the shots will be harder to shake off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No but as Amir keeps going up in weight the shots will be harder to shake off.
But sometimes going up in weight improves your chin. Cutting weight has that effect. Khan might be one of those guys. We will have to see.

I am calling it now. If Floyd and Khan fight. Khan will beat Floyd in a close UD.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 am

Khan is top 10 P4P
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 pm

i firmly believe that khan will become p4p number 1. i believe he will go down as Britiain's most successful fighter of all time. he truly is a gifted fighter. imagine if he gets the Mayweather gig and pulls it off. the sky is the limit then

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 pm

The next P4P King will be Donaire.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The next P4P King will be Donaire.

or Khan, lets see how Doniare copes as he moves up towards featherweight with guys his own size that he doesnt hold a reach advantage over. i think Gamboa would be a nightmare for him because he is also slick and hits hard

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:37 pm

dbudge wrote:

or Khan, lets see how Doniare copes as he moves up towards featherweight with guys his own size that he doesnt hold a reach advantage over. i think Gamboa would be a nightmare for him because he is also slick and hits hard

Actually the real P4P King could be Andre Ward, he's got nothing but tough fights ahead of him at SMW and LHW.

Ward, Donaire and Gamboa will all be in the top five soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:58 pm

dbudge wrote:i firmly believe that khan will become p4p number 1. i believe he will go down as Britiain's most successful fighter of all time. he truly is a gifted fighter. imagine if he gets the Mayweather gig and pulls it off. the sky is the limit then
I think he beats Mayweather right now and that is not me being biased against Mayweather. Its more that I think Khan is the real deal.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 pm

dbudge wrote:

Actually the real P4P King could be Andre Ward, he's got nothing but tough fights ahead of him at SMW and LHW.

Whats sad is there is about to be a changing of the guard very soon. All the top guys are old and are going downhill.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Whats sad is there is about to be a changing of the guard very soon. All the top guys are old and are going downhill.
lets hope at least one of them becomes as popular as pac or mayweather but i doubt it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

lets hope at least one of them becomes as popular as pac or mayweather but i doubt it.
One of them will be. Everyone said the same thing when Oscar was on his way out. Pac will eventually lose to one of those guys. Mayweather might not since he really never fights anyone.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:37 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

One of them will be. Everyone said the same thing when Oscar was on his way out. Pac will eventually lose to one of those guys. Mayweather might not since he really never fights anyone.
but both mayweather and pac were pretty big at that point. mayweather had been near the top for years already and pac had already proven pretty good dominance. i just dont see these fighters at that same level of popularity. i hope im wrong though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

but both mayweather and pac were pretty big at that point. mayweather had been near the top for years already and pac had already proven pretty good dominance. i just dont see these fighters at that same level of popularity. i hope im wrong though.
Yeah me too. I think Khan is on his way to doing that. Also promoters need to set up one of those guys like Donaire as a undercard (and more than just once) to either Mayweather or Pac that way all the casual fans get to see them fight more than once. That would develop a fan base.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 am

dbudge wrote:

I think Ward has the toughest road from anyone out here to become #1 P4P. If he beats Froch, he still has Bute in his way and both of those guys are beasts. If he wins those, hes going to LT HW which Has B-Hop, Dawson, Cloud and Pascal. Eventually down the line Dirrell will be waiting for him. All fights are winnable, but Im not too sure if he can beat all of them. But say If he does, your talking more than P4P here. He has a chance to go down as one of the best fighters in the history of the sport.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 am

there are 6-7 fighters very close to being called the best today for a short period of time.hahn is one of them.he has it all especialy if he gets ride of a few bad habits.
calling ward as one of the best of all time if he goes to LH and beats the mediocrity there is the biggest stretch ive ever heard in boxing.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next