The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is when Pac became my favorite fighter

5 posters

Go down

This is when Pac became my favorite fighter Empty This is when Pac became my favorite fighter

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This is when Pac became my favorite fighter Empty Re: This is when Pac became my favorite fighter

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Allan Green has disowned you after reading
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

This is when Pac became my favorite fighter Empty Re: This is when Pac became my favorite fighter

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:59 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Allan Green has disowned you after reading
LOL I didnt say I fell out of love with Green.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Allan Green said he's going to abuse you like Ward did him after this thread
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:22 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Allan Green said he's going to abuse you like Ward did him after this thread
LOL Hey our Raiders looked good. I think we can beat Seatle. This season is not looking that bad so far.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Yawp, thinking of going to Sunday's game

The challenge for a .500 record!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Here a great Allan Green moment just so he isnt too rough on me Gomez.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:30 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Yawp, thinking of going to Sunday's game

The challenge for a .500 record!!!
I would take 500 right now. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Just not the same guy. Amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Just not the same guy. Amazing.
I know. Its unbelievable. jab jab left jab jab left. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 pm

It truly was Manny's coming out party. He dismantled a pretty good fighter that night.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:It truly was Manny's coming out party. He dismantled a pretty good fighter that night.
Yeah I remember it well. Pac was an unknown that was ranked 10th I think at that time coming in on 2 weeks notice and just demolished HBO's next star.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

To call that a weak jab is an insult to weak jabs. Balance was bad. Footwork was non-existent. He was all fast twitch muscles and enormous natural power in the left hand.

Freddie saw amazing raw talent and it took him a while to mold it into the fighter we see today.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

To call that a weak jab is an insult to weak jabs. Balance was bad. Footwork was non-existent. He was all fast twitch muscles and enormous natural power in the left hand.

Freddie saw amazing raw talent and it took him a while to mold it into the fighter we see today.
That right hand was nothing. Just a measuring stick.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:It truly was Manny's coming out party. He dismantled a pretty good fighter that night.
Yeah I remember it well. Pac was an unknown that was ranked 10th I think at that time coming in on 2 weeks notice and just demolished HBO's next star.

I watched that fight to see Ledawaba who the last time I had seen him had destreoyed the pretty darned good Eduardo Alvarez. After about two rounds I was saying "OK, who is THIS guy and why doesn't he know what he's doing?" After four rounds I was saying "But this sucker can punch."

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I watched that fight to see ledawaba who the last time I had seen him had destreoyed the pretty darned good Eduardo Alvarez.
Me too. I was like what in the hell is going on? Who is this guy?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:47 am

This one caught my attention but I didn't want to admit what I was seeing. After Pac took the Marco Antonio Barrera fight on short notice and destroyed him, I knew I was watching something special.

Let's look at Pac for what he is. A guy who was born in a 3rd world country. He made a living selling cigarettes on the streets. He was knocked out in his first fight. He lucks up and becomes a substitute opponent for HBO prospects and in the case of Barrera, a legend. 3 or 4 years later, he's arguably one of the biggest stars in the history of the sport and a national hero.

Miracles are not here to show us what is impossible, but to show us what is possible. Unless I find out this guy has become "Osama Bin Ladin's" 2nd in command, I'll love the hell out of him for a long time to come. And don't kid yourself. Our sport is treading water on the shoulders of Pacquiao.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Frank wrote:This one caught my attention but I didn't want to admit what I was seeing. After Pac took the Marco Antonio Barrera fight on short notice and destroyed him, I knew I was watching something special.

Let's look at Pac for what he is. A guy who was born in a 3rd world country. He made a living selling cigarettes on the streets. He was knocked out in his first fight. He lucks up and becomes a substitute opponent for HBO prospects and in the case of Barrera, a legend. 3 or 4 years later, he's arguably one of the biggest stars in the history of the sport and a national hero.

Miracles are not here to show us what is impossible, but to show us what is possible. Unless I find out this guy has become "Osama Bin Ladin's" 2nd in command, I'll love the hell out of him for a long time to come. And don't kid yourself. Our sport is treading water on the shoulders of Pacquiao.

Nice post. Poor kids make great fighters. One especially astounding thing is that THAT Manny (the one armed, off balance, no clue, human dynamo) won a linear world championship from a no joke guy in Sasakul and only a slightly better guy beat MAB. He's a Jones level athlete.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down