The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name that fighter

3 posters

Go down

Name that fighter Empty Name that fighter

Post  Frank Sat May 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Name that fighter

These are quotes that belong to famous fighters. Some are very easy, while others may be a little more difficult. Good luck.

1. “Officer, she said she couldn’t get enough of me.”
2. “Shut up, Tommy. You sound like a dummy.”
3. “He can run, but he can’t hide.”
4. “I wasn’t hurt. I just wasn’t swinging.” (Hint. Former HW Champ in a comeback fight.)
5. “The Good Lord’s gonna get him one of these ole days.”
6. “Joe Frazier is the greatest of all times next to me.” (That’s a free gift.)
7. “Leonard’s my friend now…ha, ha,ha.”
8. “I’ll murdah da bum”
9. “When he died, I didn’t give a shit. He was the most arrogant person you ever wanted to meet.”
10. “Did I hurt your feelings? So….fucking…... what?”

Frank

Back to top Go down

Name that fighter Empty Re: Name that fighter

Post  powerpuncher Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 pm

6. ali
8. im pretty sure its 2 ton tony

other than that i dont know
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 pm

number 9 carmen basilio.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 pm

3.joe louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 pm

"So fucking what" is Holmes I think. forgot who he said that to

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun May 29, 2011 8:32 am

Frank wrote:
Name that fighter

These are quotes that belong to famous fighters. Some are very easy, while others may be a little more difficult. Good luck.

1. “Officer, she said she couldn’t get enough of me.” ("Hector Camacho" - Hector is stopped by a police officer after he is spotted having sex with a woman while driving.)

2. “Shut up, Tommy. You sound like a dummy.” ("Sugar Ray Leonard" - Ray Leonard has finally tired of the accusations from a 22 year old "Tommy Hearns" that he's a coward. After destroying Junior Middleweight Champ Ayub Kalule, he challenges Tommy, who is calling the fight with Ferdie Pacheco. The above quote is said in the verbal assault on Tommy. Leonard would go on to stop Hearns in 14 rounds.

3. “He can run, but he can’t hide.” ("Joe Louis" - The great "Joe Louis" speaks on defeding his title against "Billy Conn." Conn, a Light Heavyweight Champ and a special boxer, gives Louis a beating for 11 rounds. He makes the mistake of trying to stop the champ, however, and is knocked out in the 13th round of an all time classic fight.)

4. “I wasn’t hurt. I just wasn’t swinging.” (Hint. Former HW Champ in a comeback fight.) ("Leon Spinks" - In his first fight since getting knocked out by Gerrie Coetzee, Leon knocks out Alfredo Evangelista in the fifth round. Leon was obviously hurt in one of the rounds and this was his statement following a question by the blow by blow announcer.)

5. “The Good Lord’s gonna get him one of these ole days.” ("Joe Frazier" Joe's quote prior to his 3rd fight with Ali.)

6. “Joe Frazier is the greatest of all times next to me.” (That’s a free gift.) (Ali at a press conference followng his classic war with Joe Frazier in their 3rd fight.)

7. “Leonard’s my friend now…ha, ha,ha.” ("Roberto Duran": Following his 15 round decision win over Ray Leonard, Duran is flanked by Don King and wears the WBC title around his waist. He taunts an absent Leonard in front of a very happy Don King.)

8. “I’ll murdah da bum” ("Tony Galento": Tony on his fight with Joe Louis. Though Galento knocked Louis down, he was knocked out in 4 rounds.

9. “When he died, I didn’t give a shit. He was the most arrogant person you ever wanted to meet.” ("Carmen Basilio": Carmen speaking on the death of "Sugar Ray Robinson."

10. “Did I hurt your feelings? So….fucking…... what?” ("Larry Holmes" Larry Holmes gets angry at a reporter following a fight in Vegas.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down