The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT Empty ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:48 pm

freddies not selling tickets.i just googled 2 words.boxing news and the first article posted 2 hours ago is freddie now having deep concern about the margo fight.not only the height and weight issue but manny indeed is not looking good in camp..one quote manny said i miss my job..freddie said this is your job where manny replied no i mean congress...
there is time to turn it around but freddie said im a little concerended about this fight..deep down maybe that translate im realy worried ..
soo the reports of arum saying this and that is truth not promoting..i hope m,anny turns it around and let this be the end of big guys..

Back to top Go down

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT Empty Re: ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:53 pm

If that's really Manny's mindset it is time to go period. Win or lose.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:54 pm

i agree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Its all BS. They said a lot of the same things before the Coto and Clottey fights.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Its all BS. They said a lot of the same things before the Coto and Clottey fights.

I tend to agree; there's a lot of gamesmanship going on at this point before fights.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Its all BS. They said a lot of the same things before the Coto and Clottey fights.

I tend to agree; there's a lot of gamesmanship going on at this point before fights.
Why would roach say on 24/7 that Manny is going to KO him in 7 and then go back and say this? Its all a way to get people to buy the PPV. Arum is very good at selling a fight. Hell to be honest he is the best at selling a fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm

i think freddie said that and it was taped well before manny showing poor performance in training.the gate will be over 50 000 folks maybe even 60 000..stuff like that isnt covered widely in the press what freddie or arum said nor on tv as well sooo its not a good way to sell tickets..surely not in dallas..ppv i dont think thoses statements reached enough folks to make a dent in sales especialy 3 weeks before the fight..and saying that in the phillipines means nothing since the fight there i think is free.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i think freddie said that and it was taped well before manny showing poor performance in training.the gate will be over 50 000 folks maybe even 60 000..stuff like that isnt covered widely in the press what freddie or arum said nor on tv as well sooo its not a good way to sell tickets..surely not in dallas..ppv i dont think thoses statements reached enough folks to make a dent in sales especialy 3 weeks before the fight..and saying that in the phillipines means nothing since the fight there i think is free.
They did the same thing before the Cotto fight. Hell they did it on 24/7 before that fight. I really do think its all a ploy. If the fans have a doubt about the outcome the PPV sales go through the roof.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i think freddie said that and it was taped well before manny showing poor performance in training.the gate will be over 50 000 folks maybe even 60 000..stuff like that isnt covered widely in the press what freddie or arum said nor on tv as well sooo its not a good way to sell tickets..surely not in dallas..ppv i dont think thoses statements reached enough folks to make a dent in sales especialy 3 weeks before the fight..and saying that in the phillipines means nothing since the fight there i think is free.

There is always some gamesmanship by Freddie, but I do believe him to be a little worried.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Without loaded gloves, Margarito is a harmless Chihuahua, Pacquiao will outwork, and outspeed the slow moving Tony, and finish him off in one of the later rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Ring wrote:Without loaded gloves, Margarito is a harmless Chihuahua, Pacquiao will outwork, and outspeed the slow moving Tony, and finish him off in one of the later rounds.

I guess that's the question isn't it? Maybe we've only seen one fight out of this guy without the loaded gloves (his last one). In a mental game like this, even if the gloves don't make that much of difference, it still could have a huge impact on Margo's performance.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Tobe wrote:
Ring wrote:Without loaded gloves, Margarito is a harmless Chihuahua, Pacquiao will outwork, and outspeed the slow moving Tony, and finish him off in one of the later rounds.

I guess that's the question isn't it? Maybe we've only seen one fight out of this guy without the loaded gloves (his last one). In a mental game like this, even if the gloves don't make that much of difference, it still could have a huge impact on Margo's performance.

That, and the fact that he was banned for a year after being beaten up and knocked out by Mosley in his last major fight, that can't have done wonders for Margo's confidence.

Keep in mind too, Pacquiao is a bad little mo-fo, and he's the #1 ranked P4P Pug in the world, Tony has a puncher's chance, but that's about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Even with the power Tony will need quite a bit of speed to land one on Pac-Man. Also Pac has both speed and power. I also agree with earlier post that all he will have to do is wear him down to make it an easy fight for himself. Or he might joke with him if its too easy or too boring like he did with Clottey. I would like to see an early knockout after watching the dreadfully long Clottey & Pacquiao fight.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Roach worries about every fight and every aspect of every fight. That's why he's one of the best. It's if he wasn't worried that he should be worried.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Gumby wrote:Roach worries about every fight and every aspect of every fight. That's why he's one of the best. It's if he wasn't worried that he should be worried.
Is there any doubt that Roach is the best trainer in the buisness.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm

one of the best..hes had his fighters losing also..oscar with floyd tyson with danny williams and others..he manny stewart a few others are different but equal..he does a great job for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Roach worries about every fight and every aspect of every fight. That's why he's one of the best. It's if he wasn't worried that he should be worried.

Not for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 pm

[quote="CervezaExtra"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.[/quote

He used to throw the left and then there was no balance or footwork after that shot was completed. Freddie getting him to use the right hand and the improvement in the footwork and balance has been a thing of beauty.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.

He used to throw the left and then there was no balance or footwork after that shot was completed. Freddie getting him to use the right hand and the improvement in the footwork and balance has been a thing of beauty.

Yeah, completely agree with you. Seeing him win those early fights with pure heart was an amazing thing to watch for me.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:10 pm

CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

Yeah, completely agree with you. Seeing him win those early fights with pure heart was an amazing thing to watch for me.

The guy who trained Roach when he was fighting was gentleman named Eddie Futch. One of THE great trainers in history. He trained fighters fo forty years and built guys like Don Jordan, Joe Frazier, Frankie Randall, Evander Holyfield and Alexis Arguello into champions. One of the 4-5 best trainers ever. Then he took Freddie under his belt as a trainer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 pm

[quote="captainanddew"]
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.[/quote

And absolutely shocking to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

The guy who trained Roach when he was fighting was gentleman named Eddie Futch. One of THE great trainers in history. He trained fighters fo forty years and built guys like Don Jordan, Joe Frazier, Frankie Randall, Evander Holyfield and Alexis Arguello into champions. One of the 4-5 best trainers ever. Then he took Freddie under his belt as a trainer.
Marble does Roach have a person has taken under his belt? Also how about Steward and Atlas? What I am wondering is if they are the last of their breed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

Marble does Roach have a person has taken under his belt? Also how about Steward and Atlas? What I am wondering is if they are the last of their breed.

It is the single scariest thing as I look forward in the sport. The Cus D'Amato line has Atlas who is already a part-timer and has no heir. Kevin Rooney is seemingly out of the biz. Angelo Dundee left no heir I know of. Manny Steward has no heir I know of. Al Silvani has an heir in Buddy McGirt. With Michael Moorer leaving the only guy I know of who could be an heir to Freddie Roach is the young, almost homelss guy who lives at the Wild Card. I forget his name.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:52 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not for me.

It is the single scariest thing as I look forward in the sport. The Cus D'Amato line has Atlas who is already a part-timer and has no heir. Kevin Rooney is seemingly out of the biz. Angelo Dundee left no heir I know of. Manny Steward has no heir I know of. Al Silvani has an heir in Buddy McGirt. With Michael Moorer leaving the only guy I know of who could be an heir to Freddie Roach is the young, almost homelss guy who lives at the Wild Card. I forget his name.
That doesnt sound too good. Maybe some fighters will step up. Pac? Floyd? JMM? some of the big names have the money and probably the time. One guys I wish would train is Oscar. He has had just about every trainer in the buisness train him so he has to have a bunch of knowledge.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next