The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.1 for margo-pac

5 posters

Go down

1.1 for margo-pac Empty 1.1 for margo-pac

Post  Rum Capital Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm

According to numbers released by HBO, Manny Pacquiao’s pay-per-view win over Antonio Margarito on November 13 generated 1,150,000 buys generating $64 million in PPV revenue.

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

1.1 for margo-pac Empty Re: 1.1 for margo-pac

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 pm

So $32 million to the promotion. It presumably made money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah and thats not including how much they took in at the gate. And parking and food and beer.

Tickets 41,000 x $150= 6,150,000

Also lets say everyone went to the fight in 3's.

Parking 13,000 x $50= 650,000

And average of $50 spent at the fight

Beer and Food 41,000 x $50= 2,050,000

I should have been a boxing promoter. They make some money.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:47 pm

i read that thoses are the preliminary numbers and its expected to rise..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Regardless, that is a staggering number for a fighter that is not even from the US, can barely speak English, going up against a guy most people didn't want to support, Margs.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 am

GrantZilla wrote:Regardless, that is a staggering number for a fighter that is not even from the US, can barely speak English, going up against a guy most people didn't want to support, Margs.

Manny transcends and the language barrier and he fought a Mexican in Texas. I expect the numbers to go higher or it's a disappointment. Plus, if Manny cannot at least match the numbers for Mayweather-Mosley it might affect the potential negotiations in Pacquiao-Mayweather mega fight in a negative way.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:02 am

Gumby wrote:Manny transcends and the language barrier and he fought a Mexican in Texas. I expect the numbers to go higher or it's a disappointment. Plus, if Manny cannot at least match the numbers for Mayweather-Mosley it might affect the potential negotiations in Pacquiao-Mayweather mega fight in a negative way.

Totaly disagree. Having a big mouth helps sell fights. Mosley is more known name than MargoCheato. He's had dozens of fights on HBO, and was coming off giving Margo a total beat down. Not to mention big mouth off with Mayweather after JMM fight, and it pretty much sold itself.

I didn't support the MargoCheato fight. I'm sure a lot people didn't support giving a guy like that a big payday.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 am

Gumby wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Regardless, that is a staggering number for a fighter that is not even from the US, can barely speak English, going up against a guy most people didn't want to support, Margs.

Manny transcends and the language barrier and he fought a Mexican in Texas. I expect the numbers to go higher or it's a disappointment. Plus, if Manny cannot at least match the numbers for Mayweather-Mosley it might affect the potential negotiations in Pacquiao-Mayweather mega fight in a negative way.

I REALLY struggle to see how a $32 million proposition plus a $6 million gate can fairly be termed a disappointment. By that standard 99.999999% of all boxing events ever held are a disappointment.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 am

Especialy a PPV this time a year. I'd never have PPVs this time a year during football season.

Come on, here is average fan's mindset

"Pay almost 60 bucks for a fight in HD with undercards of people never heard of. Or watch college football in HD for free and catch the highlights of the fight later?"

Tough decision
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:47 am

GrantZilla wrote:Especialy a PPV this time a year. I'd never have PPVs this time a year during football season.

Come on, here is average fan's mindset

"Pay almost 60 bucks for a fight in HD with undercards of people never heard of. Or watch college football in HD for free and catch the highlights of the fight later?"

Tough decision

I'd take it even further. There is a ton of boxing coming on HBO and Showtime. The fight itself will be replayed next week. We also have NFL games out the ass every Sunday, Monday, and now Thursday.

1.1 or more is an impressive number at this time of year against Cheato.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 am

yep id like to draw a paycheck off that flop..20 plus million..if i were pac id say bring me more flops like that..the fight did well beyound ANYONES expectations here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:36 am

I think it's a disappointment because it hurts the chances of Floyd-Manny. I really only think in terms of those two fighting each other at this point. I'll give you that Margo wasn't the best opponent but I think the promotional team did a exceptional job of making him appear to be a credible one and adding drama to the fight.

If Manny outsells/outsold Floyd I think it would be a huge motivator in eventually making that fight. Floyd's ego would take a hit and he wouldn't be able to try and throw his weight around. As it is, Floyd can continue to live in his delusional world where he's the most popular fighter in the world and in a sense be right.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down