The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis

+3
Frank
Soonermark890
freakzilla
7 posters

Go down

Ali or Lewis?

Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis I_vote_lcap100%Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 13 ]
Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis I_vote_lcap0%Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis Empty Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Post  freakzilla Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:20 am

I was at another site and the result there is 53% to Lewis which shocked me. I thought I'd bring it here and see how the result differed.

I voted Ali by his all-round better skill but many voted Lewis because they thought his size and jab would be too much for Ali to overcome.

Your thoughts?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis Empty Re: Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

What site were you on? Ali would crack him in his glass jaw and end it in the first round.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis Empty Re: Prime Muhammed Ali vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Post  Frank Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

Soonermark890 wrote:What site were you on? Ali would crack him in his glass jaw and end it in the first round.
Now that's boxing knowledge.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Yea Ali touches that chin and its good night

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Frank wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:What site were you on? Ali would crack him in his glass jaw and end it in the first round.
Now that's boxing knowledge.
LOL my daughter knows that and she is 10. Really though I wonder what fucktards voted for LL. BTW I think a much better discussion would be a Wlad vs LL fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:57 pm

freakzilla wrote:I was at another site and the result there is 53% to Lewis which shocked me. I thought I'd bring it here and see how the result differed.

I voted Ali by his all-round better skill but many voted Lewis because they thought his size and jab would be too much for Ali to overcome.

Your thoughts?

Had to be Ninja's.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Who was the tallest opponent Ali ever faced ?

Who was the fastest opponent Lewis ever faced ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Ali wrote:Who was the tallest opponent Ali ever faced ?

The tallest opponent Ali faced was the 6 foot 6 "Ernie Terrell." Ali outclassed him in a cruel torture and taunting session for 15 rounds.

As far as Lennox Lewis is concerned, I can't recall him fighting any speedsters. I'd have to say Holyfield or Tyson and that's just off the top of my head. However, if you're looking for an opponent that compares to Ali, you'd want to look for more than speed. The closest opponent Lewis fought that brings up the word "Ring General" would be Holyfield in my opinion.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Frank wrote:

The tallest opponent Ali faced was the 6 foot 6 "Ernie Terrell." Ali outclassed him in a cruel torture and taunting session for 15 rounds.

As far as Lennox Lewis is concerned, I can't recall him fighting any speedsters. I'd have to say Holyfield or Tyson and that's just off the top of my head. However, if you're looking for an opponent that compares to Ali, you'd want to look for more than speed. The closest opponent Lewis fought that brings up the word "Ring General" would be Holyfield in my opinion.

Then you'd gotta favor Ali.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:32 pm

[quote="Frank"]
Ali wrote:
Frank wrote:

Then you'd gotta favor Ali.
Without a doubt though I give Lennox Lewis much more credit than most observers. I think Lennox and Evander at their best were the two best HWs of their day. Bowe could've been the best, however he couldn't figure out a way to motivate himself.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 pm

People who say lennox jab would be a factor i the fight have obviously never seen Lewis fight OR fallen for the "myth" of the Lewis jab. It was very average. VERY. The Ghost of Evander Holyfield outjabbed Lewis all night long. Ray Mercer beat Lewis up with it. The little known Zjelko Mavrovic made Lewis eat a slow, lazy jab all night long. Even a terrified Akinwande outjabbed Lewis and dropped Lennox with a right hand over a lazy jab.
Ali would have made Lewis look silly. The only question is if the "Greatest" could find a KO punch before the fight ended. I think in a 15 rounder he would have beat Lewis by TKO around 12-15. A 12 round fight would have been a 10 or 11 round to one or two win.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm

When Lennox was in his prime he got alot of flack for looking lackluster in fights(probably a bit too much) and for being a bit boring at times.

Then he beats a shot Tyson (who well beyond his best) and Vitali.

Now he is getting alot of credit (probably a bit too much).

The pendulum was too far in one direction and has gone too far in the other now.

I think Ali would get hit with some jabs in the first couple of rounds, then he would begin to counter it with ever-increasing efficiency. After a few clean Ali right hands land, Lennox would become a tad hesitant about letting his hands go. Ali takes over in the second half of the fight and wins going away.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down