The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos

+2
flapanther2001
Tobe
6 posters

Go down

Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos  Empty Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos

Post  Tobe Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Lennox Lewis praises David Haye, slams Wlad and Vitali, saying among other things, that:

"People are really tired of those two hand-picking old-time, overweight boxers who do not even deserve to share the same ring as them.

"Right now, you have to say the Klitschkos are the best heavyweights in the world - but only until David gets to them.

"David can whop them both, they have both been beaten before, they both have chinks in their armour and it only takes one shot. Haye has that big Hayemaker right-hand punch of his to do it.

"Haye definitely shouldn't accept less money to fight the Klitschkos either. He should stand his ground.

"He should get half the money like he wants. I believe the Klitshckos will eventually come to the table and will humble themselves.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3227693/Lennox-Lewis-is-tipping-David-Haye-to-continue-past-his-retirement-date.html
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos  Empty Re: Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Hmmmmm.....that's odd. A Brit claiming another Brit can win.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos  Empty Re: Lennox: Haye can beat both Klitschkos

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:40 pm

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Lewis.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Lennox isn't dumb. I think he wants Haye to take that fight and get killed so his win over Vitali will loom even larger in the future, cementing Lewis' legacy with British fight fans.

The more he talks up Haye's chances the worse it'll look for Haye if he ever does get in the ring with one of them.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I like Lennox, but if he thinks Gaye will defeat either one of the K-Bros, he's as full of shit as an xmas turkey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Lennox has always hated the Klits. Always. It's just one of those rivalries that we'll never get a chance to see. I don't think it would've amounted to much in the ring anyway. I thought Lennox destroyed Vitali and I can't see him having any trouble with Wlad. However, if he was a promoter, he'd send people in against these brothers that would get battered and broken.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Ring wrote:I like Lennox, but if he thinks Gaye will defeat either one of the K-Bros, he's as full of shit as an xmas turkey.

lol.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Ring wrote:I like Lennox, but if he thinks Gaye will defeat either one of the K-Bros, he's as full of shit as an xmas turkey.
I eat turkey on Xmas.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Tobe wrote:Lennox Lewis praises David Haye, slams Wlad and Vitali, saying among other things, that:

"People are really tired of those two hand-picking old-time, overweight boxers who do not even deserve to share the same ring as them.

"Right now, you have to say the Klitschkos are the best heavyweights in the world - but only until David gets to them.

"David can whop them both, they have both been beaten before, they both have chinks in their armour and it only takes one shot. Haye has that big Hayemaker right-hand punch of his to do it.

"Haye definitely shouldn't accept less money to fight the Klitschkos either. He should stand his ground.

"He should get half the money like he wants. I believe the Klitshckos will eventually come to the table and will humble themselves.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3227693/Lennox-Lewis-is-tipping-David-Haye-to-continue-past-his-retirement-date.html
Pot meet Kettle.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:37 pm

thats right lennox keep encouraging haye to duck the K brothers..half of the cash huh..i think haye was offered that already..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm

This is Lennox trying to endear himself to the British public now that his US broadcasting career has fizzled out.

Lennox did the same thing after winning the Gold for Canada: his first few pro fights netted him little money or attention, so he became mister enlishman again, rediscovered his English accent and resumed his pro career in the UK where he garnered more media attention and money.

Lennox has always understood what side his bread was buttered on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

I would generally like to hear his unbiased opinion about Haye vs Vitali, he's fought Vitali and seen enough of Haye to have some sort of idea how that fight would play out.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 am

Haye had brains, he'd take Vitali's offer. 50/50 Vitali's offering.

Vitali is the one he has the best chance again. He doesn't hit as hard as Wlad, he just overwhelms slower opponents with his size and punch output. Haye would be the fastest fighter he's ever faced.

And Vitali looks worse in every fights. Him smashing on the human punching bag that is Briggs means nothing. He's slower than ever and even less mobile.

Haye got no shot against Wlad. Wlad would knock him out with just his jab
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:Haye had brains, he'd take Vitali's offer. 50/50 Vitali's offering.

Vitali is the one he has the best chance again. He doesn't hit as hard as Wlad, he just overwhelms slower opponents with his size and punch output. Haye would be the fastest fighter he's ever faced.

And Vitali looks worse in every fights. Him smashing on the human punching bag that is Briggs means nothing. He's slower than ever and even less mobile.

Haye got no shot against Wlad. Wlad would knock him out with just his jab
...ill agree vitalis his best chance.vitalis always been a robot awkward and slow where wlad has made strides in improving things.vitali has declined a bit not a lot but to the point where haye has a chance providing he dont get hit for 5 rounds.chris byrd the last two rounds of that fight was hitting him often enough.vitali is very one dimmentional where as wlad had turned into a complete fighter ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 am

Canvas wrote:This is Lennox trying to endear himself to the British public now that his US broadcasting career has fizzled out.

Lennox did the same thing after winning the Gold for Canada: his first few pro fights netted him little money or attention, so he became mister enlishman again, rediscovered his English accent and resumed his pro career in the UK where he garnered more media attention and money.

Lennox has always understood what side his bread was buttered on.

+1 Good post. Guy grows up in Kitchener/Waterloo, learns to box there, fights for Canada, goes pro and all of a sudden he's from East London?! Like I said before, he's not dumb.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:03 am

Like I've said going back to the espn board, Wlad could ko Haye with the jab.

Haye is already trying to kill a potential Klitschko fight by escalating his already ludicrous demands. A summary:

1) Haye is a mouthy cruierweight who proclaims he will take the heavyweight division by storm. Haye says he will only take the biggest fights and wants a shot at both Klitschko brothers back to back as soon as possible.

2) After defeating Bonnin and Barrett, Haye is offered a shot at Wlad. Haye finds excuses to back out of fight on successive occasions. Haye agrees to a shot at Vitali in bad faith, only to pull out in favour of a lesser fight. Haye now terms the Klitschko fight agreements"slave contracts"

3) Haye next laughably demands a 50-50 split for any klitschko fight

4) Stunningly, Wladimir offers Haye a 50-50 split of all revenue and a shot at the true heavyweight championship. Haye does not respond and goes into hiding.

5) Having sorted out heavyweight laughinstock Fraudley Harrison, Haye now proclaims himself "the man" in the heavyweight division, and tells media outlets the Klitschkos will now have to come to him and accept his terms.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down