The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko

+7
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
Norm1023
jz_hova
Frank
Soonermark890
freakzilla
11 posters

Go down

Who wins?

Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko I_vote_lcap77%Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko I_vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]
Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko I_vote_lcap23%Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko Empty Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 am

Who you got and how?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko Empty Re: Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 am

Bowe by KO in the first 30 seconds. Bowe was a very athletic big man who would crack his glass jaw quick.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko Empty Re: Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Wladimir Klitschko

Post  Frank Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 am

Bowe by 5th round KO. Easy nights work.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 am

Wow, Bowe was that much better?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 am

freakzilla wrote:Wow, Bowe was that much better?

Wladimir is in the weakest division to date.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 am

I know that but wasn't Bowe too scared to even get in the ring with Lennox Lewis?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:44 am

freakzilla wrote:I know that but wasn't Bowe too scared to even get in the ring with Lennox Lewis?
You can argue that, however if you observed the situation, you may come away with the same hypothesis I did. I think it was Rock Newmans bullshit that robbed us of one of the greatest HW matchups of the 20th century.

Rather than fight Lewis, Bowe threw the WBC belt in the garbage, somehow thinking this made him look like a rebel of sorts. To boxing fans, he looked like a man who was scared of Lennox Lewis. To make matters worse, Lewis knocked out Bowe in the Olympics. Wouldn't this have been the perfect revenge? Also, this was a "pre Manny Steward" Lewis. While Bowe had a complete arsenal, Lewis was rather limited at this time. His style was based on power and a jab. The BEST of Bowe would've defeated him via 12 round decision.

I realize Rock did a good job with Bowe's finances. Riddick had 27 million dollars waiting for him upon his release from prison. It wasn't too long before Bowe was in front of a thrift store selling what was left of his fortune to stay off the streets. So yes, he protected his fighter and made him a millionaire 27 times over and Rock should be credited for that. However, I think he was destructive in his athletic development. Riddick would've trained for Lennox Lewis.

Rock misunderstood his fighter. Sure, he had a motivational problem, though he would get up for the best fighters. This is a guy who you match up against the best and only the best. Then, it's easier to scare him into training.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Bowe is and always will be a bum. a guy that throws a belt in the trash rather than take that ass whoopin is a bum.
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:Wow, Bowe was that much better?

Wladimir is in the weakest division to date.

and Holyfield was the only great fighter Bowe fought in his era
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Holyfield made his heavyweight career off of beating an underachieving Bowe, an undersized and overrated Tyson and an overaged Foreman.

Yet all of Bowe's biggest wins were over Holyfield. Riddick Bowe is one of the most overrated heavies of all time.

I'd take Wlad over Bowe all day long.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Bowe drops him 8x en route to a 7th rd TKO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Wlad takes Bowe out in about the 9th or 10th.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok the reason I say Bowe would crush him so badly is this.
1. Bowe is 6'5 and has an 81 inch reach.
2. Bowe has a lot of power in both hands
3. Bowe for a big guy is much more athletic than Klit.
4. Bowe has a chin
5. Bowe can box much better than Klit.
If you take into account all this and add in Wlad's shitty chin this would be an easy short night for Bowe. Just because he ducked LL doesnt mean Wlad could beat him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

If you take absolute prime, I think Bowe is one of the scariest heavyweights of all time. His size and skill are phenomenal. He had a good chin. I finally watched the Bowe-Lewis Olympic fight and was shocked when I saw it. Bowe won the first round. Lewis was crushing him in the second round but it was an early stoppage too. People saying Lewis crushed Bowe are exaggerating.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I think the Bowe from the first Holyfield wins.

But how fair is it to take a fighter from one fight and measure him up against a guy whose whole career is being taken into account?

So basically, I have Bowe beating him, but only perfect Bowe. That version of Bowe I saw in like 4 fights total. So there's a huge chance that Bowe wouldn't show up.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:49 am

ScottLevinson wrote:I think the Bowe from the first Holyfield wins.

But how fair is it to take a fighter from one fight and measure him up against a guy whose whole career is being taken into account?

So basically, I have Bowe beating him, but only perfect Bowe. That version of Bowe I saw in like 4 fights total. So there's a huge chance that Bowe wouldn't show up.

What would we consider Wlad's prime?

Him jabbing and clinching for 12 rds barely throwing the right hand?

I just dont think Wlad would be able to deal with a guy as big as him with that much skill
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Good match-up that favors Bowe. By a LOT. Bowe was every bit as big as Wvlad and just as good (maybe a tad better) from the outside. He was more aggressive than Vlad and he had a better chin. Still, up to this point, its a pick em fight. The thing that makes a HHHUUUUGGGGEEE difference in this fight and a Bowe a big favorite, is the fact that Bowe was GOOD on the inside. he could flat out fight in close. Wvlad is clueless when the other guy is not at arms length. His offense consists of grabbing the other guy. Bowe would absolutely eat him ALIVE on the inside and stop Wvlad. Probably early in the fight too.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:25 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: Good match-up that favors Bowe. By a LOT. Bowe was every bit as big as Wvlad and just as good (maybe a tad better) from the outside. He was more aggressive than Vlad and he had a better chin. Still, up to this point, its a pick em fight. The thing that makes a HHHUUUUGGGGEEE difference in this fight and a Bowe a big favorite, is the fact that Bowe was GOOD on the inside. he could flat out fight in close. Wvlad is clueless when the other guy is not at arms length. His offense consists of grabbing the other guy. Bowe would absolutely eat him ALIVE on the inside and stop Wvlad. Probably early in the fight too.

The only question I have is whether Bowe is going to have trained properly and come in motivated. I think the money involved would be huge and as such we would get a decent version of Bowe. Bowe by KO on the inside when Wlad is trying to hold.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote: Good match-up that favors Bowe. By a LOT. Bowe was every bit as big as Wvlad and just as good (maybe a tad better) from the outside. He was more aggressive than Vlad and he had a better chin. Still, up to this point, its a pick em fight. The thing that makes a HHHUUUUGGGGEEE difference in this fight and a Bowe a big favorite, is the fact that Bowe was GOOD on the inside. he could flat out fight in close. Wvlad is clueless when the other guy is not at arms length. His offense consists of grabbing the other guy. Bowe would absolutely eat him ALIVE on the inside and stop Wvlad. Probably early in the fight too.

The only question I have is whether Bowe is going to have trained properly and come in motivated. I think the money involved would be huge and as such we would get a decent version of Bowe. Bowe by KO on the inside when Wlad is trying to hold.
I really dont think this fight would make it past the first round. I think Bowe and George Foreman are Wlads worst possible opponents. Bowe has every single tool to take Wlad out quick.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 pm

I would think prime Bowe would be too much for Klit too. It's just that we're mythologizing Bowe here a bit. We're envisioning him in "best case scenario" mode and I only saw that particular Bowe a few times.

The Bowe from the first Holy fight beats Klit. Handily. How many times did we see that Bowe, though? I think we could take any top-100 all-time heavyweight and say they beat Klitschko, if we only judge them off their greatest-ever single performance, while matching it against what you think is "Typical Klitschko."

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 am

Are we talking the Riddick Bowe that has Rock Newman choking his opponents out? Because if that's the case, Bowe by Rock Newman choke out in 3.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 am

ScottLevinson wrote:

I would think prime Bowe would be too much for Klit too. It's just that we're mythologizing Bowe here a bit. We're envisioning him in "best case scenario" mode and I only saw that particular Bowe a few times.

The Bowe from the first Holy fight beats Klit. Handily. How many times did we see that Bowe, though? I think we could take any top-100 all-time heavyweight and say they beat Klitschko, if we only judge them off their greatest-ever single performance, while matching it against what you think is "Typical Klitschko."
I think the version of Bowe against Zumbrun would beat Wlad. I am not trying to knock Wlad because I am a fan of his. He does everything you ask as a champ I just think Bowe is the perfect type of fighter to KO Klit with one punch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:23 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:

What's Wlad's best case scenario? The one who smashed Byrd twice???

Even then I'll take half ass Bowe over timid Wlad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down