The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight

+3
GrantZilla
captainanddew
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight Empty Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Former IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham is set to return to 160-pounds to revive his career after three defeats from five bouts at super middleweight, it was announced Saturday. Abraham was undefeated in over 30 fights at middleweight but lost three of his five fights at super middleweight. Abraham's promoter, Wilfried Sauerland, said the boxer could possibly return to the middleweight division in November.

"I want to prove I can come back," he told SID, an AFP subsidiary. "No one should write me off. Just because I lost recently, it doesn't mean I have lost my sporting ambitions."

Having often struggled to make the weight at middleweight, Abraham has been ordered by Sauerland to take expert advice to keep his weight down.

"It can only work if he works with a nutritional consultant and he strictly adheres to this plan. He hasn't done that before," said Sauerland.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arthur-abraham-confirms-160-drop-write-me-off--41610

Back to top Go down

Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight Empty Re: Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm

I just hope a fight with Sturm or Martinez is made....

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight Empty Re: Arthur Abraham is moving back down to Middleweight

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Was it the size or the level of fighters faced that was Abraham's downfall?

Yes the guys at 168 were bigger, but they also were alot better than the guys at 160 he was fighting.

If he is moving down to 160 to face the same level of guys as before then he probably will do very well. If he is going to face Martinez or Sturm, then he may struggle (though Sturm didn't exactly look good in his last fight).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Sturm will never face Abe, he turned down two lucrative offers before and recently said there's no point now that Abraham lost in the Super Six.

As for Martinez I doubt it, we've all heard Lou's opinions about taking Sergio to Germany, and we all know how Saurland love American officials.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

How about Chavez Jr?

Abe or Sturm vs Junior!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Sturm, Sylvester, Pirog --all huge money fights in Germany. He will have a tough time making weight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Pirog and Geale would be good fights for Abe.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Actualy, if Abe get's a win against a fringe fighter, I bet Sturm would fight him. Abe is now considered damages goods, which is exactly the kind of guy's Sturm likes.

It'd be a big fight in Germany.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Abraham is still good enough to make it at middleweight. Those supser Middleweight are just much better than any division in boxing. I'd put money on Abraham knocking Sturm the fuck out.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Ali wrote:Pirog and Geale would be good fights for Abe.

you do realize he wasn't facing guys on that level when he was at 160!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Abraham-Taylor 2!
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Pirog and Geale would be good fights for Abe.

you do realize he wasn't facing guys on that level when he was at 160!!!

Jermain Taylor may have been faded but he was leagues above both men.

Pirog's only win to date was over an overhyped Golden Boy prospect.

Geale's lost to Mundine and has only beaten Sebastion Sylvester.

I would hardly call them special.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm

I want to see more of Pirog, hes only had 1 fight since the Jacobs win and its been over a year since. LIKE WTF!!! these guys really want to sit aroun till a fight lands on their laps. Keep active and fight solid competition and earn yourself a pay. Abraham may of fought a bunch of softies at 160, but he fought often and ended up getting a big oppertunity (super 6).
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Even though I don't think Abe deserves it, Martinez should say "Bring it on". It's the biggest money fight out there for Sergio and isn't a big risk. Abe can't handle movement and that is what Martinez is all about.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm wondering how he will handle the move back to 160. I remember reading that he was killing himself trying to lose the weight prior to his last fight at MW, had to skip breakfast, eat a little bit of steak and spaghetti for lunch and protein bars for dinner.

I'd like to see Sturm man up and finally fight him.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down