The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios

+8
Diego408
Gumby
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
ScottLevinson
hardcorebee24
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios - Page 2 Empty Re: Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Rios-Marquez next year after Pac spanks JMM. I'm sure Arum wants to make that fight.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:14 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Were talking about a Bob Arum fighter, dont expect a Guerrero, Khan or a Maidana fight from him anytime soon (or ever). Arum is going to build him up with fighters that are shells from their former selves. Maybe a Morales fight if anything.

He's had the kid in there with two ranked guys in his last two fights one of which was a belt holder and the other who is a dangerous puncher and notoriously dirty fighter. Neither guy was by any means a soft touch. Arum and Golden boy have reconciled their beef and said they are willing to make fights anyway.
Its because they were Top Rank Fighters. Just watch his next fight will be meaningless as was the one from last Saturday. Really Antillon? lost his last fight, no chin, limited skill set and no defense or movement. Taylor made for a guy like Rios. I'll give you Acosta, but that was the weaker champ Arum had, you saw how it wasnt Soto that he faced. He'll build Rios for 2 years against softies and then try at it with Pacquiao.

BTW for the guy that said Rios is dangerous for Khan, no freaking way, Khan would easily beat him. Rios is overrated to a certain extent IMO. If he moves up he'll be a lot less effective. I like how Rios and his trainer would run their mouths about Victor and claim Rios would beat him. They would also call him out for a fight, but then Rios retracted from his statement and wants to do it in "the big stage". After Victor won the title, they all shut the fuck up. Ortiz would murder him too.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:09 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:Rios vs Soto-Karass.

You would like to see Rios in a two division jump against a guy who has a two inch height advantage and a five inch reach advantage?

I didn't realize Karass was no longer a Welterweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

You would like to see Rios in a two division jump against a guy who has a two inch height advantage and a five inch reach advantage?

Rios is a lightweight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Rios is a lightweight.

Oh yeah, d'oh Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:16 pm

I think Rios is dangerous for Khan. We all saw how close Maidana came to getting Khan out of there. Rios will be a weaker puncher but cuts off the ring better, is more skilled in general, and has a better workrate than Maidana. If Rios gets to him in the 8th instead of the 10th, Khan wouldn't survive until the decision. With all that said, I think Khan beats him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Diego, Soto went life and death with Antillon. Rios has Ko'd both Acosta and Antillon. Acosta beat Antillon. And Rios beat them both by KO. Soto is fifty something fights into his career at this point, his reflexes aren't what they were and his counterpunching isn't what it was. I thk that Rios in kills Soto. Too fresh too young too strong .
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Rios-Marquez next year after Pac spanks JMM. I'm sure Arum wants to make that fight.

That's the way it should be.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Rios-Marquez next year after Pac spanks JMM. I'm sure Arum wants to make that fight.

With Rios possibly taking the baton and becoming a star. Rios I fear wont be able to make the 135 lb limit and will have to move up.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

With Rios possibly taking the baton and becoming a star. Rios I fear wont be able to make the 135 lb limit and will have to move up.

Yeah, why I think he should just move up now. No point staying at Lightweight unless he can fight JMM, which I just don't see happening. JMM loses badily to Pac, he will either retire, or will want to fight a scrub afterwords. If he does fight Rios, it'll be a year atleast.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Yeah, why I think he should just move up now. No point staying at Lightweight unless he can fight JMM, which I just don't see happening. JMM loses badily to Pac, he will either retire, or will want to fight a scrub afterwords. If he does fight Rios, it'll be a year atleast.

If JMM beats Pac in Nov then he should vacate the Ring Lightweight Belt, since he has a guaranteed rematch clause worth 10 million if he wins. So then Rios vs Soto would be a nice fight to fill the vacancy! If JMM loses then make Rios vs JMM next May! Should be easy since both under Top Rank!

nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Rios has more to prove IMO. He's been in with OK comp so far, but needs to clean out 135 before he goes chasing Khan. I'd really like to see him fight Guerrero. Acosta had him hurt & didn't follow up. That fight reminded me of Margo/Cotto or Gatti/Rodriguez. As far as the Gatti/Rios analogies, until I see him get up from a flush knockdown and have to draw from some inside fortitude, I'll pass on saying he's better than Arturo.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:As far as the Gatti/Rios analogies, until I see him get up from a flush knockdown and have to draw from some inside fortitude, I'll pass on saying he's better than Arturo.

Rios has a better chin then Gatti though. Gatti would've been dropped 10 times against Urbano, and KO'd against Acosta.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:As far as the Gatti/Rios analogies, until I see him get up from a flush knockdown and have to draw from some inside fortitude, I'll pass on saying he's better than Arturo.

Rios has a better chin then Gatti though. Gatti would've been dropped 10 times against Urbano, and KO'd against Acosta.

That's what they said about a lot of his opponents. Gatti had something that not many fighters possessed.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Rios has already surpassed Gatti. He's beaten guys that would have spanked Gatti. Not talking shit about Gatti here. But let's not pull a Fat Dan and make him out to be more than what he was.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:10 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Diego, Soto went life and death with Antillon. Rios has Ko'd both Acosta and Antillon. Acosta beat Antillon. And Rios beat them both by KO. Soto is fifty something fights into his career at this point, his reflexes aren't what they were and his counterpunching isn't what it was. I thk that Rios in kills Soto. Too fresh too young too strong .

Besides JMM he's it at 135, even at 140 he's got a shot vs any of them IMO

Some of you guys need to realize he's not just a brawler, guy has technique behind his aggressive approach
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 am

Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios - Page 2 Dans10
@danrafaelespn I love the idea @oscardelahoya had: Brandon Rios vs. Jorge Linares later this year.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

Dan just loves Oscar period.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Rios vs Linares is a good fight for boxing.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Diego408 wrote:Rios vs Linares is a good fight for boxing.

Which means it'll never happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

He'll probably end up fighting the Murray-Mitchell winner if he wants to keep his trinket
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168035-murray-mitchell-winner-could-be-next-for-rios
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:He'll probably end up fighting the Murray-Mitchell winner if he wants to keep his trinket
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168035-murray-mitchell-winner-could-be-next-for-rios

Rios would murder both guys with ease.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:He'll probably end up fighting the Murray-Mitchell winner if he wants to keep his trinket

Yup. But fighter's love their stupid trinkets.

I can't even find Mitchell in the Boxrec Lightweight rankings.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:39 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yup. But fighter's love their stupid trinkets.

I can't even find Mitchell in the Boxrec Lightweight rankings.

They drop you if you're inactive for a year.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:They drop you if you're inactive for a year.

Makes sense. So this is a title eliminator between a unranked fighter in The Ring, Fat Dan, and # 14 on Boxrec, and a in-active fighter not even ranked?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next