The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card

+2
captainanddew
Rum Capital
6 posters

Go down

Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card Empty Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card

Post  Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Dan Rafael
This afternoon @ToddDuboef of @trboxing told me @Brandon_Rios1 will fight in the co-feature of the Cotto-Margarito HBO PPV. Good news!

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card Empty Re: Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card

Post  Rum Capital Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

yeah they HAD to do this because the rico ramos-rigondeaux will now be on another date. this sucks because now this will really mess things up for the pacquiao undercard where rios was suppossed to fight.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card Empty Re: Brandon Rios added to the Dec 3rd card

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 pm

As long as Rios fights. His fights are almost always fun.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:As long as Rios fights. His fights are almost always fun.
yeah but once again arum fucks everything up. according to ramos promoter i'm not sure if its goosen but they had an agreement and then bob went back on his word (surprise) and tried paying ramos way less than he had said so when ramos people asked for the original offer and were denied they said fuck you the fight will go up for bids. rios was suppose to fight on the pacquiao card and now he's shifted to the cotto card. i wouldn't be shocked if bob adds chavez jr now to the pac undercard No
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Actually, Rios was suppose to fight on Showtime. But Arum told Showtime to basicaly fuck off when they decided to counter-program Cotto-Margs

Brandon Rios' date of December 10 on Showtime is off the table after a fuming Bob Arum ripped the network for countering his HBO pay-per-view on December 3, and now it appears that Rios will be headed to that HBO pay-per-view, headlined by Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

http://tinyurl.com/6zqy857
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:49 pm

so waht is arum going to do about the pac undercard??? i mean burgos and cruz is the best he can come up with???
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Rum Capital wrote:so waht is arum going to do about the pac undercard??? i mean burgos and cruz is the best he can come up with???

burgos fight is good but there better be something else.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Prescott-Alvarado is a nice fight IMO. I am interested what the 4th fight will be.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Bummer I would rather have seen him on the Pacquaio vs Marquez undercard. Its going to be a card that will be watched by millions of people.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Diego408 wrote:Bummer I would rather have seen him on the Pacquaio vs Marquez undercard. Its going to be a card that will be watched by millions of people.

I think Arum is trying to boost Cotto-Margs as much as he can. That PPV needs it more.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Rios vs John Molina would be solid

Not sure why they pass on that
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Rios vs John Molina would be solid

i don't think molina wants any part of rios or at least his handlers or any other lightweight for that matter the only one i could see fighting him and having a chance is guerrero.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 pm

I thought I had seen something where they were calling him out, Molina to Rios
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Rios vs John Molina would be solid

i don't think molina wants any part of rios or at least his handlers or any other lightweight for that matter the only one i could see fighting him and having a chance is guerrero.
Guerrero is out for the rest of the year. I think he will be good to start training in Jan. So I hope Rios-Guerrero can happen in Middle of next year. A Linares fight would also be great fro Rios next year if he gets by DeMarco. But for this undercard fight Rios should fight Kevin Mitchell, Miguel Vazquez, Hank Lundy, or John Molina like someone else mention here. I wouldnt mind seeing Rios against Ricky Burns either, if its possible.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down