The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios

+5
Diego408
dbudge
gomez1012
flapanther2001
hardcorebee24
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brandon Rios Empty Brandon Rios

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Looked good on Saturday. Violent fighter. Puts everything into every punch and walks right through what his opponent gives. I think he's a challenge for anyone at 135 or 140.

That being said, he has a polarizing personality that may or may not get him fights. If I was Cameron Duncan I'd advise him to direct his rants and diatribes toward people in his division.

He's a tough guy that looks vulnerable enough for guys to want to compete against him. He should be fun for the few years.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios Empty Re: Brandon Rios

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Yup. Though it is very hard to see him lasting a long time seeing how often he gets hit. He also apparently thinks jabbing one's way in is illegal.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Yup. Though it is very hard to see him lasting a long time seeing how often he gets hit. He also apparently thinks jabbing one's way in is illegal.
Hehehe......you beat me to it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Yup. Though it is very hard to see him lasting a long time seeing how often he gets hit. He also apparently thinks jabbing one's way in is illegal.

He was trying to KO that guy, I think the KO would have come quicker if he so much as feinted a jab. He needs some polishing for sure. I'd like to see what Garcia can do with him. Rio's right now should be Garcia's main focus, much the way Manny was Freddie's.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:24 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Looked good on Saturday. Violent fighter. Puts everything into every punch and walks right through what his opponent gives. I think he's a challenge for anyone at 135 or 140.

That being said, he has a polarizing personality that may or may not get him fights. If I was Cameron Duncan I'd advise him to direct his rants and diatribes toward people in his division.

He's a tough guy that looks vulnerable enough for guys to want to compete against him. He should be fun for the few years.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm

he looked very repetitive. very one dimensional, at this level he walks through guys but as he goes up he is going to have to learn to adapt. he could be like an unpopular Ricky Hatton

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

dbudge wrote:he looked very repetitive. very one dimensional, at this level he walks through guys but as he goes up he is going to have to learn to adapt. he could be like an unpopular Ricky Hatton

His mouth reminds me of a Mex American James Toney.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:27 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

He was trying to KO that guy, I think the KO would have come quicker if he so much as feinted a jab. He needs some polishing for sure. I'd like to see what Garcia can do with him. Rio's right now should be Garcia's main focus, much the way Manny was Freddie's.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:28 pm

dbudge wrote:he looked very repetitive. very one dimensional, at this level he walks through guys but as he goes up he is going to have to learn to adapt. he could be like an unpopular Ricky Hatton

99% of all fighters, even great ones, are one dimensional. The trick is to make that dimension sensational.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

he says fuck way too much. i think he may be a little bit retarded also

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm

dbudge wrote:

I think he's just a caveman kinda dumb

Last edited by gomez1012 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm

dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

He says fuck all the time. He's a tough retard.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

He says fuck all the time. He's a tough retard.

tough retards are accidents waiting to happen

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Rios is clearly a product of his environment. He's not completely stupid, but he ain't going to M.I.T. either. Let's see if he learns some humility as he steps up in competition.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:49 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Rios is clearly a product of his environment. He's not completely stupid, but he ain't going to M.I.T. either. Let's see if he learns some humility as he steps up in competition.

He seemed to think extremely highly of Margarito's talent and chances. I wonder if Saturday's result made him think a little.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:56 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Rios is clearly a product of his environment. He's not completely stupid, but he ain't going to M.I.T. either. Let's see if he learns some humility as he steps up in competition.

Well that environment for the last few years has been Garcia's house right? Not a good reflection of Garcia IMO. Sure, someone puts this kid on his ass he'll shut his mouth. That's what I love about this sport, the opportunity is there to physically shut someone up.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

He seemed to think extremely highly of Margarito's talent and chances. I wonder if Saturday's result made him think a little.
Hehehehehe.....Manny & Freddie should release a video of them imitating Margo getting bitch slapped around the ring.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Hehehehehe.....Manny & Freddie should release a video of them imitating Margo getting bitch slapped around the ring.

Or they should get shit faced and imitate Rios sober.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:21 pm

After futher evaluating Rios, Robert Guerrero whoops him bad. I think a Soto-Rios fight would be quiet entertainig, but I think Soto will struggle with Antillon.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Rios is a brawler who has some skills, but other then Anthony Peterson he really hasn't faced any upper level competition, lets see how he does against the top dogs in the Lightweight division like, Humberto Soto, Robert Guerrero, Michael Katsidis or Juan M. Marquez. My guess is when he moves up to better competition, he'll get his ass handed to him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:49 pm

One thing about the kid is if he ever ends up with brain damage from fighting the way he does, no one will be able to tell Laughing
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Rios may want to look for a new trainer. Garcia showed on Saturday he'll let his guys make the final decision on when to throw in the towel.

With his face first style and a lot of years left to fight, Garcia could very well lead Rios to a wheelchair.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Rios is kind of like Juan Diaz with power. He's deceptively quick, high tempo, and in your face all night. Throw in he usually comes in with 10-15lbs on his opponent and he'll have a lot of success as long as he can maintain. I don't like anything about him though.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:08 pm

on point. Saturday night I said the same thing. Guy who walks right in, eating punches, and tries to overwhelm you with bombs and a high volume. Short career recipe if there ever was one.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Gumby wrote:Rios is kind of like Juan Diaz with power. He's deceptively quick, high tempo, and in your face all night. Throw in he usually comes in with 10-15lbs on his opponent and he'll have a lot of success as long as he can maintain. I don't like anything about him though.

There was an article on ringtv.com a while ago, examining the Juan Diaz kind of fighter. The thesis was these kinds of fighters burn out quickly (high volume punchers).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next