The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios is some kind of tough

4 posters

Go down

Brandon Rios is some kind of tough Empty Brandon Rios is some kind of tough

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6165936

From taking and fighting through repeated low blows in the Anthony Peterson fight to weathering a storm in the Acosta fight and fighting with a broken hand to score a knockout, this kid proves his toughness over and over. I hope that the hand injury doesn't plague his career like hand injuries have done to so many others. Rios is a force to reckon with at 135.

Devon Alexander take notice.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios is some kind of tough Empty Re: Brandon Rios is some kind of tough

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6165936

From taking and fighting through repeated low blows in the Anthony Peterson fight to weathering a storm in the Acosta fight and fighting with a broken hand to score a knockout, this kid proves his toughness over and over. I hope that the hand injury doesn't plague his career like hand injuries have done to so many others. Rios is a force to reckon with at 135.

Devon Alexander take notice.

+1

Nasty KO with a broken hand!! Damn thats power

All that and still the most impressive thing to me was how he adapted and listened to his corner. Made the changes to win the fight

Roberto Garcia having a great start to 2011. Donaire, Rios, has Mikey Garcia coming up in March
Even end of last year he prepared Margarito the best he could vs Pac

Dude knows what he's doing.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
+1

Nasty KO with a broken hand!! Damn thats power

All that and still the most impressive thing to me was how he adapted and listened to his corner. Made the changes to win the fight

Roberto Garcia having a great start to 2011. Donaire, Rios, has Mikey Garcia coming up in March
Even end of last year he prepared Margarito the best he could vs Pac

Dude knows what he's doing.

He's definitely a cute brawler. He knows what to do, when to apply pressure and when to defend. He took some punches but he also blocked a lot of punches with his gloves and elbows thus wearing out Acosta.

Garcia is a great trainer, he's shows a lot of diversity in the guys he trains. Donaire and Rios are two entirely different fighters and are both coached extremely well. My only beef with the Margarito fight was that the towel should have been thrown in, that was the kind of fight a guy doesn't recover from.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
He's definitely a cute brawler. He knows what to do, when to apply pressure and when to defend. He took some punches but he also blocked a lot of punches with his gloves and elbows thus wearing out Acosta.

Garcia is a great trainer, he's shows a lot of diversity in the guys he trains. Donaire and Rios are two entirely different fighters and are both coached extremely well. My only beef with the Margarito fight was that the towel should have been thrown in, that was the kind of fight a guy doesn't recover from.

Agree on Margarito, protect the fighter

Acosta was pretty crafty, would clinch, solid counters, and fighting off the ropes real well. Rios turned all that around
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Agree on Margarito, protect the fighter

Acosta was pretty crafty, would clinch, solid counters, and fighting off the ropes real well. Rios turned all that around

I was pleasantly surprised by that. My patriotism came out in that fight, I really wanted Rios to win. It's great to have a young, tough American to root for.

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Yea fun guy to watch and look forward to every time he steps into the ring

Kinda sucked he fought in front of a tiny crowd in Vegas, put in him So Cal

That Nebraska crowd was great to see and made the fight better than it actually was
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:44 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Kinda sucked he fought in front of a tiny crowd in Vegas, put in him So Cal

That Nebraska crowd was great to see and made the fight better than it actually was

Put his next fight on CBS in a So-Cal and he'll be a huge TV star. His style is made for TV.

He'll never be a star with limited platform on Showbox. Lack of exposure is what's killing boxing. Only reason UFC is big is because got Spike TV, which available in 95 million homes, as a platform to hype and buil up names.

Best boxing got is FNF which on ESPN2.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Still doesn't gloss over his disgusting actions on 24/7.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down