The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands'

+3
flapanther2001
freakzilla
Soonermark890
7 posters

Go down

Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands' Empty Did anyone see this?

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

It makes me wonder if Floyd and Pac are finally going to get into the ring. With both of them fighting and Floyd saying he is open to a Pac fight. It just seems now with this it might just happen next year.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/100115.html
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands' Empty Re: Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands'

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Except they don't want the USADA doing the tests.

A big step to getting the fight done would be dropping that silly lawsuit.

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands' Empty Re: Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands'

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Ali wrote:Except they don't want the USADA doing the tests.

I like the lawsuit. Floyd thinks he can say and do what he wants he needs to learn a lesson.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

There is nothing silly about the lawsuit. Mayweather slandered PacBoy, damaged his reputation, and is going to have to pay dearly for it. Floyd is guilty there is no doubt. He will have to pay millions.

Now if Floyd keeps ducking the fight he will not only have to pay damages for the defamation, but he will also lose out on a $40 million purse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Canvas wrote:There is nothing silly about the lawsuit. Mayweather slandered PacBoy, damaged his reputation, and is going to have to pay dearly for it. Floyd is guilty there is no doubt. He will have to pay millions.

Now if Floyd keeps ducking the fight he will not only have to pay damages for the defamation, but he will also lose out on a $40 million purse.

If that was true Manny wouldn't be a congressman, the face of boxing or have a major sponsorship deal with Nike.

No damage has been done to Manny's reputation, only demented Flomo's spout Floyd's nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:33 pm

I don't agree with that. When you Use your fame to speak out to millions of people and slander someone, there will always be whispers.

I can put out a Youtube video saying that Don King and Jose Suliman are illuminatti plotting to use boxing as a launching ground for their facist new world order. Probably a few hundred people would watch it, and a few dozen would start discussing it.

If Floyd did the same thing you could multiply that by 1,000,000. I am willing to say there are probably a few million people in black America who believe that Pac is as good as guilty.

It's not only about endorsement deals, it's a matter of his good name being sullied.

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands' Empty Pacquiao 'agrees to Mayweather's demands'

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 am

The much-anticipated super-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jnr has taken a significant step closer after Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, said his charge is willing to agree to random drug testing - but not by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Negotiations have previously collapsed over the timing of sampling, with Pacquiao refusing to accept Mayweather's demands of Olympic-style probes right up until fight night.

But while Arum's revelation does fuel hopes of a bout materialising, the situation is clouded by Pacquiao's decision to file a defamation lawsuit against Mayweather, which has done nothing to quell the animosity between the camps.

"We have agreed in the Pacquiao camp to unlimited random testing done by a responsible, neutral organization," Arum told Yahoo. "We don't believe USADA is a neutral organization.

"I don't think anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the Olympic Organization. And we can arrange for the Olympic Organization to handle the test under the supervision of the Athletic commission respective of the state where the fight is going to be held.

"We're not going to make this into a cowboy situation. We have an organization that has no authority [USADA] and even does it [blood testing] without reporting to an organization that is responsible for the conduct of the fight.

"We are focusing on Pacquiao v Marquez fight [on November 12]. And if Pacquiao beats Marquez again and then if Mayweather says he's agreeable to us, then we can have the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight next year."
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 am

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:38 am

My bad. Delete ahead.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 am

No need, I shall merge.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:It makes me wonder if Floyd and Pac are finally going to get into the ring. With both of them fighting and Floyd saying he is open to a Pac fight. It just seems now with this it might just happen next year.

I ain't drinkin' the kool-aid....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:There is nothing silly about the lawsuit. Mayweather slandered PacBoy, damaged his reputation, and is going to have to pay dearly for it. Floyd is guilty there is no doubt. He will have to pay millions.

If that was true Manny wouldn't be a congressman, the face of boxing or have a major sponsorship deal with Nike.

No damage has been done to Manny's reputation, only demented Flomo's spout Floyd's nonsense.

Damage for a defamation case likely has a ton of case law defining that element of the case.

It most likely isn't the general idea of "damage" that we would discuss as normal people (attorneys aren't normal people).

I'm a attorney (never handled any defamation cases) and it would probably bore me to tears to sit and read the case law for defamation cases (or talk to some attorneys who are experts on these matters).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:06 pm

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:12 pm

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:32 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:It makes me wonder if Floyd and Pac are finally going to get into the ring. With both of them fighting and Floyd saying he is open to a Pac fight. It just seems now with this it might just happen next year.

I can understand that. Now if Floyd doesnt fight him what will the Floyd fans say?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

I can understand that. Now if Floyd doesnt fight him what will the Floyd fans say?
simple...they'll say Manny is at fault for not agreeing a year ago.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 pm

I doubt the fight will happen. I'll believe it when I see it. Both sides have screwed up negotiations so much that at this point I think it's just a competition to see who can win the battle of public opinion.

Some guy posted up a timeline on the ESPN board chronicling the whole negotiation saga that I thought was good. Does anyone know the details of the defamation suit? What exactly is Floyd getting sued for? Who else specifically is getting sued?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

I like the lawsuit. Floyd thinks he can say and do what he wants he needs to learn a lesson.

that lawsuit is a perfect example of the wussification america is and has been going through. the days of MEN handling their problems like MEN on their own are dying and being replaced by the days of tattletaling on anyone who they think they can make few quick bucks off of. makes me sick

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:30 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

that lawsuit is a perfect example of the wussification america is and has been going through. the days of MEN handling their problems like MEN on their own are dying and being replaced by the days of tattletaling on anyone who they think they can make few quick bucks off of. makes me sick
Well since Flod wont fight Pac this is the only way to handle it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Arum now stated this.

“We don’t accept the USADA handling it,” Arum told me. “We do accept the prestigious, well-respected WADA. On those terms, Pacquiao will submit to whatever (blood) testing is required so we can make the big fight.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=41407#ixzz1RpK9XUjZ
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

This shit is really silly. I understand Floyd being skeptical of Pacquiao moving up weight classes (he has full right of this BTW) and asking for the tests when its not required, but shit Mosley and Ortiz are going through it too. Its a slap to the face for Pacquiao barely even agreeing to do any kind of testing. I dont know or care if Pacquiao is on something (which I doubt NOW, maybe at some point maybe), but all the lame excuses Pacquiao used really made him look like a fool IMO. He blamed the blood tests for the Morales loss (said it made him weak), which is BS considering he blamed the "pillow" gloves after the fight. Also said he was scared of needles and has a shit load of tats and on a 24/7 show had blood taken out of him via neddle!!!!!

The Lawsuit is stupid, as soon as they sign the contract for May,5 2012, the lawsuit will be dropped. For a while people claimed May 5, 2012 would be when they fight, I believed it then, I believe it now.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down