The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschkos may as well retire now

5 posters

Go down

Klitschkos may as well retire now  Empty Klitschkos may as well retire now

Post  kbyte Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 pm

They've got nothing else to prove and at least one of them is a HOFer (Wlad) so they may as well retire after Vitali beats Adamek. The division would become a lot more competitive.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Klitschkos may as well retire now  Empty Re: Klitschkos may as well retire now

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 pm

They need guys who willingly fight them. Ibragimov, Chagaev, Haye, all were not willing to engage enough and all of those guys seemed to just not want to be hit. These are 3 beltholders!!!!

Lesser fighters like Thompson and Brock traded with Wlad and didn't run. They got KO'd but at least they tried to win. Sosnowski tried and it was a decent fight for Vitali. Arreola tried and it was a watchable fight with Vitali.

Need opponents willing to try to win. arreola is made that way. I doubt Povetkin is. I don't know enough about Boystov or Dimitrenko to know if they are.

It really seems the less talented guys who are willing to try to win (when they really don't have a chance) make for better fights with the Klits, while the more talented guys(who really have much more of a shot) don't.

Last edited by captainanddew on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 pm

They should, but they won't Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:23 pm

If Povetkin dumps Teddy and gets a real trainer, he could get his career back on track with a win over Chagaev.

I made a thread over at ESPN when it was announced Teddy was going to train Povetkin called "Teddy Atlas will ruin Povetkin". Which turned out to be correct.

Teddy should be relegated to doing 'Integrated Sports' PPV's with Bob Sheridan and Ricky Ricardo. Hell, they could make it a broadcasting All-Star team by adding Roy Jones Jr.

Being forced to listen to that is how I envision hell.

Back to the topic: I actually would like to see Vitali call it a career, and I think Wlad should think about it too after maybe one more fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Aside from Adamek there is virtually nobody left.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Ali wrote:Aside from Adamek there is virtually nobody left.

Adamek/Vitali should be a good fight. Adamek is going to push the issue if he is losing the fight. he will be willing to go out on his shield.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah because Adamek was sure keen to go out on his shield against Arreola and Grant Rolling Eyes

Funny how people claim Haye runs, Adamek done alot of that against Crisco.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Ali wrote:Yeah because Adamek was sure keen to go out on his shield against Arreola and Grant Rolling Eyes

He was winning the fight! Why should he stand and trade with Arreola or Grant when he had both fights won. Arreola fight was close, but he won the fight. He wasn't down by an obvious 6 pts!!!!

And against Arreola you do realize he closed the fight strong. He started strong, struggled in the middle, and closed strong late in the fight. Against Grant, he was well ahead and got caught with shots late.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Ali wrote:Yeah because Adamek was sure keen to go out on his shield against Arreola and Grant Rolling Eyes

Are you doubting Highlander Chin's machismo?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 pm

They need the top guys to box off for a chance to face one of them.

What i'd like to see is:

Vitali fight Adamek and then retire.

Povetkin faces Chagaev = winner fights the winner of Helenus v. Liakovich = winner gets a shot at the champ.

Valuev vs Dimentrenko

Arreolla vs Peter or Solis

K2 should be telling these guys they have to box off against one another to earn a shot at the heavyweight champ.

Of course we know they will instead fight bums or sit idle and wait for the alphabet soup to slowly strip Wlad and award them his trinkets.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 am

I'm not a fan of Wlad's timid style. But the division would be an even bigger joke if the Klits retired. It'd just be a bum fest of trinket holders.

If Wlad can keep packing arenas in Germany and making money off German TV, why should he retire? Sure, HBO and Showtime will continue to ignore them. But oh well. HBO picked up this fight, and it was all but ignored in the US anyways. They'll never appeal to the US, unless a popular US HW who actualy has a chance to beat one of them steps up. But, there are none. And I doubt they care about appealing to the US anyways.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 am

Wlad just continues to amaze me with his skills and athleticism. For a man his size to match the speed of Haye, and demonstrate completely superior boxing skills and balance........it's just awe inspiring.

I understand his style is not everyones cup of tea, but what a fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 am

Canvas wrote:Wlad just continues to amaze me with his skills and athleticism. For a man his size to match the speed of Haye, and demonstrate completely superior boxing skills and balance........it's just awe inspiring.

I understand his style is not everyones cup of tea, but what a fighter.

LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 am

^ ^ ^considering you are a fan boy of a fraud and international laughingstock, I wouldn't laugh at those who praise the real champ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:20 am

Canvas wrote: ^ ^ ^considering you are a fan boy of a fraud and international laughingstock, I wouldn't laugh at those who praise the real champ

I am laughing at those specific words, just simply hilarious.

Real champion Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote: ^ ^ ^considering you are a fan boy of a fraud and international laughingstock, I wouldn't laugh at those who praise the real champ

I am laughing at those specific words, just simply hilarious.

Real champion Laughing

He is a real champion though. Hes got almost every belt in the division, fights everyone, dominates all his opponents and must have cleaned out the division twice over by now. Hes probably the truest champion in the sport right now. The negative to him is his overly cautious style.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:32 pm

captainanddew wrote:They need guys who willingly fight them. Ibragimov, Chagaev, Haye, all were not willing to engage enough and all of those guys seemed to just not want to be hit. These are 3 beltholders!!!!

Lesser fighters like Thompson and Brock traded with Wlad and didn't run. They got KO'd but at least they tried to win. Sosnowski tried and it was a decent fight for Vitali. Arreola tried and it was a watchable fight with Vitali.

Need opponents willing to try to win. arreola is made that way. I doubt Povetkin is. I don't know enough about Boystov or Dimitrenko to know if they are.

It really seems the less talented guys who are willing to try to win (when they really don't have a chance) make for better fights with the Klits, while the more talented guys(who really have much more of a shot) don't.

+1

These guys are just not willing to risk anything because they are scared of getting knocked out. Calvin Brock at least put in decent body work on Wald and Thompson probably gave Wlad the biggest fight through out his championship reign so far. THe size advantage has somewhat to do with it, but these other guys are just scared. Wald 6'6 (Vitali 6'7). Haye is 6'3. He was very capable of landing Wlad through out the night, but was to scared to get close to Wlad to actually land something. Shit Martinez 5'10 had no problems landing on Williams 6'1 and he had the same hieght disadvantage.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:30 pm

The division would be a disgrace if Wlad retired. Just got to hope some good HWs come.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:They need guys who willingly fight them. Ibragimov, Chagaev, Haye, all were not willing to engage enough and all of those guys seemed to just not want to be hit. These are 3 beltholders!!!!

+1

These guys are just not willing to risk anything because they are scared of getting knocked out. Calvin Brock at least put in decent body work on Wald and Thompson probably gave Wlad the biggest fight through out his championship reign so far. THe size advantage has somewhat to do with it, but these other guys are just scared. Wald 6'6 (Vitali 6'7). Haye is 6'3. He was very capable of landing Wlad through out the night, but was to scared to get close to Wlad to actually land something. Shit Martinez 5'10 had no problems landing on Williams 6'1 and he had the same hieght disadvantage.

Brewster was 6 ft 2 and got to the chin. Of course Wlad gassed out during the fight.

Haye fights in a crouch that makes it rather hard for him to get to anyone taller than him. He got to Valuev because he was so slow. If he stood more upright and used the ducking to dodge punches and then moved laterally to get off, he would do better. But he fights in a crouch and does alot of up and down, but most of it was backwards.

Honestly, Haye's style is a bit cautious as well.

2 styles that didn't make for a good fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The division would be a disgrace if Wlad retired. Just got to hope some good HWs come.

At least it would be a bit more interesting, you'd have guys roughly the same size facing each other. Belts would exchange frequently.

I'd take that over the boring Klitschko reign.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down