The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage

+5
SlickMoney
flapanther2001
gomez1012
captainanddew
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage Empty Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 am

The prevailing thought is that Tomasz Adamek will be at a stark disadvantage because of his relatively short stature (6-foot-1 1/2) when he fights one of the giant Klitschko brothers.

Adamek suggested it’s the other way around. And he used Vitali Klitschko’s three-minute fight against Odlanier Solis last Saturday as an illustration.

"The Solis fight was only three minutes, but two times he hit (Klitschko) very easy,” said Adamek, who fights Kevin McBride on April 9 in Newark, N.J. “I think, and (trainer) Roger (Bloodworth) said too: A short guy with a tall guy is never a good opponent because they are difficult. It is difficult to hit (the short guy) because he is down.

“(Nikolai) Valuev said the same thing after fighting (David) Haye. He said he never fought a guy like David. David was like me, we are quick and uncomfortable to fight."

He went on: "People say I cannot beat the Klitschkos because I am too short, that I can't fight heavyweight. But when I started fighting heavyweight I beat (Chris) Arreola, and next (Michael) Grant, and every fight is better. I love <i>not</i> being the favorite because I want to make it a surprise and become the heavyweight champion.

"I think the worst opponent is a quick opponent because they can do anything. I am faster than a big heavyweight. My legs are very good. This is not the street, it is the ring. Whoever is the smartest will win. I will show my class on April 9th and win."

Adamek is tentatively scheduled to fight Vitali Klitschko later this year. However, if Wladimir Klitschko is unable to fight Haye this summer, Vitali will take his place. Wladimir would then fight Adamek.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/161144-adamek-says-being-shorter-than-klitschkos-can-be-advantage
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage Empty Re: Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 am

I am a big fan of Adamek. Only thing I keep seeing in my mind is him reeling late against Grant. If he can't seriously hurt Vitali, which I do doubt, Vitali will get to the chin enough to end it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage Empty Re: Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 am

Vitali is so fucking slow, and getting slower each fight. If Solis wasn't such a lard ass, who knows. He might been able to out box Vitali.

I think Adamek has a chance against Vitali, but no chance against Wlad.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:22 am

Adamek is using "polish" reasoning, there ain't no advantage in being 6" shorter than your opponent. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

Alot of good that did for Ruslan Chageav, Samuel Peter and Herbie Hide.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Ali wrote:Alot of good that did for Ruslan Chageav, Samuel Peter and Herbie Hide.

Rahman, Brewster, Byrd twice, Chambers, Arreola, Peter again, Sosnowski, JC Gomez, Solis, and many more!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:11 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Alot of good that did for Ruslan Chageav, Samuel Peter and Herbie Hide.

Rahman, Brewster, Byrd twice, Chambers, Arreola, Peter again, Sosnowski, JC Gomez, Solis, and many more!!

Yup, it's going to take someone really fast and explosive to defeat The Brothers Gloom.

Haye's our best shot, after that we'll just have to wait for them to retire.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 pm

I gave Chisora a decent shot vs Wlad

Big guy, quick, and good power

Would of done a whole lot better than Solis. Maybe a few more fights then go after one of the K Bros
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Chisora has potential, needs some more experience under his belt first.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

But those guys were fat and slow. Or not very skilled. None of those guys had very good foodwork.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Adamek says being shorter than Klitschkos can be advantage Empty fix

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Vitali is so fucking slow, and getting slower each fight. If Solis wasn't such a lard ass, who knows. He might been able to out box Vitali.

LOL....hope springs eternal!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Vitali is so fucking slow, and getting slower each fight. If Solis wasn't such a lard ass, who knows. He might been able to out box Vitali.

LOL....hope springs eternal!!!

Hey, Solis was a good boxer when he was actualy in shape.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Yup, it's going to take someone really fast and explosive to defeat The Brothers Gloom.

Please Ali, don't say 'our' best shot when refering to Haye, I hope Wlad demolishes this jack-off.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Please Ali, don't say 'our' best shot when refering to Haye, I hope Wlad demolishes this jack-off.

I honestly hope he beats Haye up but carries him for 11.5 rounds then knocks that cocky bitch into the middle of retirement.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Anyone who supports Wladimir to knockout Haye obviously wants the HW division to die.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Ali wrote:Anyone who supports Wladimir to knockout Haye obviously wants the HW division to die.

Isnt Haye retiring at the end of the year? So what does a Haye win do for the division?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:Anyone who supports Wladimir to knockout Haye obviously wants the HW division to die.

Isnt Haye retiring at the end of the year? So what does a Haye win do for the division?

Once Haye starts getting all the American attention IF he stops Wladimir that deadline will get pushed way back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Why? Haye is not exciting he never throws punches.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I'd prefer Adamek beat the Klits then Haye. Because Adamek is a real fighter that actualy likes to fight. The Gay if he did beat the Klits, would be in-active for a year in a gloat fest. That's what he loves, not the actual fighting.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm not as dissatisfied with the HW division as many of the rest of you are, and the brainfart that Haye would somehow make it better if he defeated Wlad is laughable to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Get back to me once you actually research Haye's career and watch the MAJORITY of his fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Get back to me once you actually research Haye's career and watch the MAJORITY of his fights.

I've seen him fight a ton. He still is a bitch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Ring wrote:

I'm not as dissatisfied with the HW division as many of the rest of you are, and the brainfart that Haye would somehow make it better if he defeated Wlad is laughable to me.

Rich countries are having bidding wars to stage the fight, if you really can't see the attention Haye brings to the division you're blinded by hatred.

Haye's the only person keeping this division alive, without him nobody outside Germany and Ukraine would give a flying Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Ali wrote:
Ring wrote:

Rich countries are having bidding wars to stage the fight, if you really can't see the attention Haye brings to the division you're blinded by hatred.

Haye's the only person keeping this division alive, without him nobody outside Germany and Ukraine would give a flying Froch.

you mean Brits? Fans in the US don't really care for Haye!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Ali, how can you say Haye beating the Klits would be good for the division. I'm not a fan of the Klits, but atleast they try to stay active. The Gay fights like what, once a year and then wants a long vacation.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next