The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten?

+2
ScottLevinson
Frank
6 posters

Go down

What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten? Empty What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten?

Post  Frank Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:11 am

Just curious about the boards answer to this question. Everytime Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko fights, hundreds of complaints are written based on how boring they are, how almost every HW Champ would've toyed with them and how their competition is some of the worst in the history of the sport. Ok, so who would the Klitschoko's HAVE beaten? Does anyone have any ideas?

Frank

Back to top Go down

What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten? Empty Re: What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten?

Post  Frank Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Oh hell. Ok, I'll start you guys off with "Leon Spinks." I'm sure everyone could agree with that one. We also have HW champs that they may've matched up rather well against, though don't at me to agree with you if you state that they could've beaten "Max Baer", however I'm sure they would've destroyed "Primo Canero." What about Michael Spinks? "Jess Willard"? I'm not saying they would've, that's for you guys to decide. (Note: Michael Spinks is one of the, if not the, greatest LH champ that ever did it. However, He could NOT take a HW Punch. I realize neither Klit compares to M Spinks as a fighter.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten? Empty Re: What HW Champs could the Klitschkos have beaten?

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Heavyweight is the one division where head-to-head comparissons are difficult. A welterweight 100 years ago is the same size as a welterweight today. But at heavyweight, you can match cyborgs like the Klitschkos against guys who are essentially not even in the same league size-wise.

So matching guys like Louis against Klitschko is like matching Sugar Ray Robinson with Sonny Liston. The size difference just makes it a weird comparisson.

In the last 50 years or so, I'd still pick Liston, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, and Lewis to beat either Klitschko. Holyfield, Patterson, and Frazier might be too small.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:14 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Heavyweight is the one division where head-to-head comparissons are difficult. A welterweight 100 years ago is the same size as a welterweight today. But at heavyweight, you can match cyborgs like the Klitschkos against guys who are essentially not even in the same league size-wise.

So matching guys like Louis against Klitschko is like matching Sugar Ray Robinson with Sonny Liston. The size difference just makes it a weird comparisson.

In the last 50 years or so, I'd still pick Liston, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, and Lewis to beat either Klitschko. Holyfield, Patterson, and Frazier might be too small.

I think Tyson vs Vitali is an even fight. Vitali has a damn good chin and is a rather tall HW. Those 2 things would make it rather difficult for Tyson.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:Heavyweight is the one division where head-to-head comparissons are difficult. A welterweight 100 years ago is the same size as a welterweight today. But at heavyweight, you can match cyborgs like the Klitschkos against guys who are essentially not even in the same league size-wise.

I think Tyson vs Vitali is an even fight. Vitali has a damn good chin and is a rather tall HW. Those 2 things would make it rather difficult for Tyson.

I would pick Vitali in that fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'm torn as to who I would pick in that fight. I just felt it was the obvious fight that was missed that isn't a relatively straightforward pick (the rest that Scottie stated were pretty straightforward in my mind).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'm torn as to who I would pick in that fight. I just felt it was the obvious fight that was missed that isn't a relatively straightforward pick (the rest that Scottie stated were pretty straightforward in my mind).
I just think Tyson is so weak minded that anyone that has size and a chin will frustrate and beat up on Tyson.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:50 am

I think either one could beat Gerrie Coetzee, Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick, Francesco Damiani, Tommy Morrison, Michael Bentt, Herbie Hide & maybe Ernie Terrell. Very Happy
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:30 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I think either one could beat Gerrie Coetzee, Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick, Francesco Damiani, Tommy Morrison, Michael Bentt, Herbie Hide & maybe Ernie Terrell. Very Happy
I think he would KO Wlad but Vitali would take him out.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Vitali has the chin, size and fearless attitude to compete with past legends.

Wladimir just about loses to 90% of them, except for smallish past champs.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:22 pm

every titlist tyson beat for sure.most of the early 20th century champs,moorer,probably foreman 2nd time,possibly holyfield,though i think here there would be sequels.from marciano on it would be a struggle,except for the likes of johannsen & patterson.i'd love to have seen wlad fight smokin joe,now that would of been intriguing

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down